“Not so great hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My family stayed there 2 nights(Friday-Sat) and I extend it for another night (Sunday) so total 3 nights. This review is only for the Sunday, so we arrived in the afternoon, we were greeted and check in by Amanda which doesn't really like to smile and not friendly at all. I told her we have a reservation and she ask me what name is it under, she found the reservation and took our credit card and that was it, I thought it was just me feeling unwelcome but my dad and my husband felt the same way. The check in process of Amanda was so dry, very unwelcoming and uninviting. She must have forgotten that first impression begins at the moment the customer check in, we are very disappointed. There is no customer service rendered at all. This front desk agent needs to re-learn how to deliver a great customer service.
Another disappointing review for the "Manager's Reception" I been to many Embassy Suites Hotel but this is the only one I experienced that the staff will bring out appetizer one at a time. First, I saw they bring out veggies and they wait until it's finish and then they bring out fruits after it's all finish they bring out pretzels, I am not sure if the company is trying to save some money but this cocktail hour is not working well for their customers. Why not bring out everything so customers have choices and make it look like it is a "Managers Reception". And may I suggest to take out the attendant in the popcorn station, it's okay if it's a child that want to get some popcorn but there's also adult that wants to get some popcorn, it's ridiculous process to fall in line just to get a small paper cup of popcorn and the popcorn is not fresh anyway. I could go on and on about so many bad things about our hotel stay but I don't have enough time to type everything I am pretty sure the management knew already about this if not then it's time to change things up and most specially bump up the customer service and send Amanda to a training to re-learn good customer service and to smile all the time.
PS.
I was on the way to the lobby and holding 2 small plastic bags of garbage, before I reach the elevator there was this housekeeping person that was very respectful and nice he took my garbage and offer to take it for me, now, that's what I call a great customer service and he smile too, maybe Amanda can learn from this housekeeping person (I didn't get his name he left quickly but he work last Sunday 09/01/13 morning he is african-american with an accent with a great attitude) you should thank him for being a great team player, he is an asset to your company.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The suites are big but dark and rather worn out. Breakfast choice is decent but of limited quality and the place is crowed, loud and not particularly clean. The hotel is marketing itself as some kind of a wedding paradise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. We hope you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

The room was clean. The view of the atrium was relaxing. The free breakfast and the free happy hour was GREAT. Excellent customer service from the staff. I was really happy I choose to stay here. The Great Mall is less than 5 minutes away. It is in a great location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our facility and hope you will consider staying with us again when visiting Milpitas.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The hotel offered clean and comofrtable accomodations with friendly and helpful staff. Noise was a bit of an issue on weekends as there are many functions going on in the meeting spaces during those times.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your room and services! We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I feel this hotel only cares about how much they are spending on giving good customer service. By the service i received when i came to check in they are way under budget on training their staff how to give top knotch customer service. They couldn't even spare a cup of coffee even though i offered to pay for it, while breakfast was still going on at the time i arrived.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I recommend that you go someplace else. There are other places around this area for a comparable price that are better. My room smelled like somebody had vomited in it. The hotel ran out of towels at one point, and the staff seemed to be completely resigned to it instead of giving an ETA for the towels. Most of the staff seem to be very unprofessional, and this seems to be a hotel where local people go to party. The place is very noisy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. Please accept my apologies for your experience during your stay. These issues with the service you received will be discussed with our staff, and we will work to correct them going forward. Our goal is always to provide the best, most accommodating service possible, and I regret that we failed to do so in your case. I hope you'll come back and give our hotel a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just about everything. Family weekend. Four rooms supposed to be together but one room on a different floor. Couldn't take a drink to the pool, even plastic. Small pour on drinks and only one at a time at Manager's reception. Bridal Show on Sunday so they had much of the breakfast seating blocked off in the midle of the breakfast time. ETC., ETC., ETC.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I’m very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down. I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. I thank you for your review and I really hope you'll give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area.

Best Regards,
Erica Alcaine, Director of Sales
erica.alcaine@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!