“Good older property”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Texas
“Good older property”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

This is an older corporate property. After reading previous reviews I had concerns. The concerns were unfounded. I have stayed 5 weeks. In 3 stays I had minor maintenance issues. Front desk management resolved these issues immediately. Front desk staff are efficient and friendly. Bar and resturant staff are amazing. Whats bad, the managers reception is lame. The food is not up to what I see at other embassy suite properties. Breakfast went from buffet to a serving line this is a major slow down. This was a bad decision. Maintenance in the property does a great job on an older property. Housekeeping is very effective. If you are someone wanting a 5 star for 2 star rates go elsewhere this is a good property at a good value.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review of your extended stay. It is wonderful to hear that we were able to meet your expectations with our service and that you felt we offered a good value. We greatly appreciate your feedback about both breakfast and our evening reception and will certainly take your comments into account as we improve on these services. We value your business very much and look forward to seeing you again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Montgomery Village, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Very clean rooms. Friendly staff always ready to answer and help when problems arise. The complementary drinks at night and hot breakfast in the morning are just a plus as there are very few places left that still do this. Will gladly return to this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with both the food and service and hope to see you again soon!
Blacksburg, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This hotel is close to the Cisco campus, I-880, and I-680. It has large rooms and a beautiful Atrium. My only complaint is that Left turns into and out of the hotel from 237 require you to go around the back. Traffic on 237 can be kind of busy, but I have always been able to get in and out of the hotel quickly.

Modesto, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

A compliment to this establishment and it's warm and friendly staff... I was in town for a birthday celebration and the experience was amazing. All the staff were welcoming and the food and fare was wonderful. Comfortable room and the lobby is always something to be admired - tropical fish and a nice healthy green environment.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I spent two night here in January and this hotel is past its prime. Dirty elevators, rooms smells like 1970 and air conditioning did not work properly.
Only saving grace was that the breakfast was good.
All in all this is overpriced and not worth staying at.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I respect your candor. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests, actively looking for ways keep costs in line while offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was in Milpitas for business and booked the Embassy Suites. The experience was great with a very friendly staff and extremely comfortable bed. Breakfast delicious and restaurant very tasty. This location has a high value overall and I would stay again.

Fresno, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I travel extensively, and I have never stayed in a hotel where I cannot control the temperature of my own room. It was 50 degrees outside, and room was cold. Manager told me until it drops to 47, I cannot turn on heat. I was offered a portable heater when I called about having trouble with my heater, not knowing they controlled the heat. Obviously they have this problem alot to have a storage full of heaters.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Karen A
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Karen,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience. We will work to improve our guest's comfort moving forward and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Erica Alcaine, Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!