“Exceptional Front Desk Help!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Lovely hotel but want to talk specifically about the front desk receptionist Grace Milan. I had a wrong booking (Hilton Group) for a hotel the following day and only realised it very very late. 3:15am. I tried to call the hotel directly and no one was answering. I called Hilton Group customer service and they were going to charge me a night plus taxes even though I booked another hotel (Hilton Group) that was only 15 miles away from my original booking.

I thought I would try my luck at the front desk and so very happy I did. Grace was first very willing to be of assistance and understanding first and foremost of my situation. She even allowed me to use the reception phone as I tried calling the hotel directly from my room and was charged $19 even though no one answered. She called customer care for me, explained the situation and bada bing, no cancellation charge! If every hotel had a Grace at the front desk, life would be a lot more convenient. Thank you Grace for your assistance with resolving my issue and I look forward to see her smiling face when I come back Sunday.

Room Tip: Ask Grace and she will make you feel at home!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Steve,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Grace is one of our SUPERSTARS and it's wonderful to hear that she was able to assist you with this issue. I will definitely share your comments with her and the rest of our staff. We strive for excellent customer service and it's always wonderful to hear from our guests when we deliver!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had a great pleasure and comfort staying at Embassy Suites, Milpitas. For my business trip, there was all the support needed to make my stay very comfortable and supportive. Reliable wireless WiFi coverage every where in the hotel. Complimentary breakfast and the service during breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I'm glad to hear that all went well during your stay and hope you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

They place looks nice by first impression. Love the rooms by looks and the breakfast is fabulous with a good selection. The staff at the restaurant is just awesome and super friendly. Unfortunately since it is a older building they control the hearing in your rooms so the thermostat is a joke. It is cold at night and the kids complained about that also. It gets noisy when there is a party and right now it is 11:50pm and people are yelling in the atrium area and nothing is being done about it. Would I come back most likely not maybe try Santa Clara location.

Stayed: March 2014
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and service in our restaurant. I understand there was some frustration with the temperature in your room, I do apologize for the inconvenience. While you are able to control the temperature in your room, it is limited due to our system. I also apologize for the noise disturbance you encountered from our ballroom. We do our best to control noise at the hotel and will certainly share your comments with my team for training purposes. I hope you will consider staying with us again and allowing us provide you with a different experience.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Older building, but fairly well maintained. The staff is super courteous. The breakfast and managers receptions are well done. The atrium is nice and the water is stocked with some freakishly large fish.
The room is a mix of old and new: older bathrooms but new, eco friendly toilets. The room size is quite nice and the bed was great.
I'd stay here again as it's super close to the highway as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to you will consider staying with us again when visiting the Milpitas area.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We did an old fashioned family road trip from San Francisco to San Diego and we stayed at Embassy Suites whenever we could. The Milpitas location worked great for us. There was room for everybody, the made to order breakfast was perfect. It was the best family option for us near Santa Cruz.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EuropeinFebruary

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel for your family trip between San Francisco to San Diego. We are glad that you found our location conveniently located and that you enjoyed your stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel is the only one in Silicon valley that my kids actually like. The hotel staff is friendly and efficient. The lobby and public areas are like the Rainforest Cafe, a big hit with the kids. Breakfast and Happy hour are great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank 449normanh

Thank you for your review. That's wonderful to hear that your kids enjoy our hotel and that our public space reminded them of the Rainforest Cafe! I appreciate your comments and thrilled that we were able to meet you and your kids expectations with both our service and complimentary amenities.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

If you are using this location for business or, if you intend on using your computer via their (supposedly) free WiFi, be aware. Although their login pages indicate HHonors members can get free WiFi access, it is not entirely true. Only Gold and Platinum members get free access. I commented to the management that there is no indication of this requirement ANYWHERE on their login pages, they would not agree to update their login pages to reflect the truth of "free" WiFi access for HHonors members.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I understand your frustration regarding complimentary WiFi and only being available for our Gold and Diamond members. I apologize that you feel our advertising is misleading; we try to do our best to communicate this HHonors amenity and will reach out to our corporate office to see if there is a better way of communicating. We hope you will consider staying with us again when visiting Milpitas.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!