“staff needs to be better trained - poor customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton San Jose Hotel

Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
San Jose, California
“staff needs to be better trained - poor customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I stay here quite frequently but we were very disappointed with the service that we received this past weekend. Because we had to be in the city all day long and wouldn't make it back at a reasonable time for check-in, we made an extra trip to Sheraton early that morning, and asked Ken (rep) to save a specific room for us. She said that particular room that we requested was available and would pre-block it. When we returned, we found out that she pre-blocked the wrong room!! We are very specific since some of the rooms have problems like bad signal to certain TV channels or slight odor, etc. We were highly upset! It wasn't like we were speaking a different language and we made a trip there for nothing. The management should better train her employees to better follow instructions!

Previous to this incident, I was on special medication that needed refrigeration. The front desk clerk said they could provide a complimentary refrigerator (when normally there is a fee) since it's health-related. After we checked out, of course there was a charge on my credit card. It was a hassle to clear it up with Billing.

Definitely not a 4-star hotel, maybe 2.5 or 3.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank trip-4-2-td
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
I apologize that we did not meet your expectations, I understand how frustrating it was for you especially after going out of your way to make specific requests regarding your room. It is our goal to satisfy every guest and with your feedback, we have gone back to retrain our guest service team.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet your service expectations. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tustin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I checked in very late after a long16 hour day. I was tired and not in a great mood. As I was being checked in a Sheraton Staff member, Eric Sanchez, remembered me from my one previous stay there. He was extremely friendly, engaged me instantly in a genuine converation and by the time the checking in process and conversation was over my mood had changed almost entirely due to Mr Sanchez's friendliness. The hotel itself has nice rooms and offers a excellent place for the business traveler to rest. I would highly recommend this hotel for the business traveler and would stay there again when I am traveling in the San Jose area

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We're glad to hear that you had a great experience here at the San Jose Sheraton and happy to know that Eric connected well with you. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other business travelers!
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I was there for 3 nights last week and was impressed with several things: the room and bathroom were both large, the queen size bed had a plush mattress with fleece blankets and comforter, the desk was large enough to spread your work out and the flat screen TV had a great picture and sound. There was a nice surprise, the food was very good, both in the Bistro and provided by room service and the staff was very attentive and helpful.

The hotel grounds includes a beautifully landscaped courtyard with a large pool in the middle. The exercise room is adequate although hotel management is in the process of building a larger one with more equipment. The hotel also has conference rooms for meetings. It is not located right off a main highway and for some this might be inconvenient. For me, it meant a quiet place to decompress.

There are a number of fine hotel choices in the San Jose area but I would consider this hotel if you like large rooms, good food and excellent service.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 9th floor if possible its the Club Floor and includes a Guest Lounge with an e...
1 Thank BacktoBoston
rlangley, Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent experience here at the San Jose Sheraton. We are constantly working on making improvements here and we are happy to know that we are making a difference. While we are not within walking distance to any shopping or recreation, the hotel is centrally located (7 miles to the San Jose airport, 9 miles to Santana row, 2.5 miles to the Great Mall) and we offer free parking, a feature that none of the downtown hotels would have. Our fitness center (by Core Performance) is in its final stages of completion with brand new exercise equipment and as we encourage a healthy lifestyle, we have expanded our menus to include healthier choices too. We will continue to provide the excellent service and we look forward to your next stay with us!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

My company recently held a 4 day training class at the Sheraton San Jose. Valarie Collins was the Sr. Sales Manager whom I had the pleasure to work with who arranged everything - the room, AV requirements, catering etc. She put together a package that fit within our budget guidelines and a special catering menu to meet the participants diverse needs. We also made several changes (and some at the last minute) and Valarie and her staff were most accomodating. Valarie also made sure that the course materials delivered to the Hotel were in place and ready to go for the classes. She made sure every detail was taken care of and went above and beyond in providing excellent service to me and my company. I highly recommend the San Jose Sheraton for any kind of Business Meeting or Training Class.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have been staying at the Sheraton San Jose for the past 6 months about 3 nights a week. I consider the place my home away from home. The staff is very welcoming and goes out of their way on every visit to make my stay pleasant. Being a Platinum member, I have been upgraded to a villa suite about 80% of the time. The property itself is a bit older, but true to the Sheraton renovations of late, they have made the most of the properties. There are not a lot of "newer" properties in the Silicon Valley, especially with SPG, and I find the Sheraton San Jose to be the coziest. I have stayed at the W Silicon Valley and Sheraton Sunnyvale and definitely lean on this property. It is a business hotel during the week. The food is good, not great and priced as most hotels would be. The villa suites are nice. 2 separate rooms with a couch, chair and 42" flat screen in the separate room. You have another flat screen in the bedroom. The times I have stayed in the non-suites, you get pretty standard fare for a Sheraton. Compared to the Sheraton Sunnyvale, it is a little more updated. I was told by one of the staff that a new workout facility is coming in the coming weeks. All in all, definitely worthy of a stay if you are on business. I don't expect many vacationers hang out in the Silicon Valley. It is definitely not a resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa suite. There are quite a few. If you are platinum, in many cases, you just have to...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank crazytravelers
Stockton, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Me and my wife had an outstanding experience with a Club Floor room. The temperature in the room was maintained without a lot of noise from the heater/air conditioner. The staff was very prompt, professional, and courteous in handling our requests and answering our questions. The room on the Club Floor includes an evening reception and a morning continental breakfast. Both the evening reception and the morning continental breakfast were wonderful. Plenty of food and a good variety of pastries, fruit, coffees, etc. The late checkout (1:00 PM) allowed us to take a dip in the outdoor spa before checking out.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the courtyard are quiet. The rooms on the east side of the tower get the sun...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Queen Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

If you want to stay someplace off the beaten path while you're in the San Francisco bay area, here is a great hotel. It's very clean and comfortable. The rooms are very spacious as compared to the room sizes in San Francisco. It is in the category of luxury hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley

Been to Sheraton San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!