“Stay here! ”

Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

After searching for days for a decent place to stay while in San Jose on business, I came across this gem. The hotel is in an excellent location, reception was great, the room and bathroom are well appointed and quite roomy. The hotel makes a good first impression and does not disappoint. I am writing this review from my comfy hotel bed while watching the Olympics on my flat screen TV. I can recommend this hotel without reservation.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for letting us and our future guests know that you had a great experience here at the San Jose Sheraton Hotel! We appreciate that you recommend our hotel and we look forward to your next stays with us.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The approach to the hotel is a little complicated & the location is not the best. Property is old but well maintained. Rooms are clean & spacious. Staff is very helpful & friendly. Would recommend for a business stay but not for a holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us and our future guests.
We appreciate it and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times now for business whilst in San Jose and always return. The location is ideal and the rooms are your basic Sheraton affair but are always clean, tidy and well laundered. Wifi used to be an issue but they seem to have sorted this out now. Would i recommend it for business, absolutely yes. For a family stay? yes but not for more than 2 nights. Staff are always friendly and welcoming and the pool area is a nice escape. These reasons will always mean i will return.

Room Tip: north part of the hotel looks away from the freeway and is less noisy
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

The hotel location is ideal for business and if you have a vehicle, it's also good for pleasure. Recreational activities are not within walking distance of the hotel but there are many to choose from.
We are glad to hear that you will always return, we appreciate and look forward to it.
Thank you for taking the time to give us some of your feedback and we hope to continue to provide the best service that we can offer.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Despite there only being two people at the check-in counter, it took about 15 minutes for me to actually check in. While the agents were friendly when I was able to finally get to the counter, it seems like it would have been nice to at least acknowledge me waiting behind the two people who were taking so long to resolve some problem.

The room was fine. It was a little dusty in the corners/behind the furniture. Otherwise, it was decent. The bed was comfortable.

The breakfast was okay, but there were not enough standard options like regular pancakes. Everything is 'too healthy' like whole wheat pancakes, etc. The price was just as expensive as other hotels.

The location is not very convenient. You get that feeling that you are going around your elbow to get to your thumb when driving here. You have to make at least 4 turns off of the main road.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

You're right, you should have been acknowledged while waiting in line, thank you for giving us your feedback so that we can continue to improve on the details. The location of the hotel may work for some, depending on the purpose of the trip. If you have a vehicle, its location is not that far from any recreational activities either.

We try to focus on providing healthy breakfast options for our guests by providing different selections. Not all are available on the buffet table, some can be found by ordering ala carte.

We do hope to see you again. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I'll admit, this wouldn't have been my first choice of hotel, in fact, it probably wouldn't have made the top-ten. I work for a nearby company, and when coming to visit this September, everywhere else was fully booked. The room rate we were quoted was in the region of $270 a night, a good chunk more than most places I've stayed locally - and they're generally a lot closer to places to go a night.

The hotel was OK, the rooms were pretty much what I would expect - I stayed on one of the SPG floors, which I expect are a bit better than some of the others. Beds were comfy and the facilities were OK. Until that is, I tried to use the WiFi. $10 a night to use WiFi? Really? It's a business hotel, how many guests don't need to use the internet? I paid the extra - it's on expenses. Not my money, right? But still, it's taking this already overpriced hotel even further from the ones I usually stay in, as they provide free WiFi.

Next morning, we went down for breakfast.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Sir. Your room rate doesn't include breakfast".

What? Really? Another $20 to have breakfast? Are you kidding me? Again, all the other local places I've stayed have included breakfast, my room rate is creeping further upwards.

A strange idea they had was if you were to leave a hanger on your door, they will give you a $5 voucher instead of servicing your room. Suits me fine, I'll save them up and spend them in the bar.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Sir. These vouchers can't be used in the bar."

"Erm.. Ok, so where can I use them?"

"You can use them to pay for your breakfast."

That would be the breakfast which by all rights should have been included in the room rate, then. Skip getting your room cleaned for a week, and you can have the breakfast you should have had anyway. Mean, pure and simple. I won't be back, unless I really, really have to.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Underc0ver_Elephant

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that your experience here was not as expected.
While internet may not be free here, our internet service provider insures a secure end-to-end network that protects our hotel guests from attacks and stolen data.
The Make a Green Choice vouchers can be used towards the purchase of food or non-alcoholic beverages in the restaurant or these can be turned in to the front desk to acquire 500 SPG points.
We have various rates available and some of them are inclusive of breakfast and WiFi. We encourage you to check our rates on-line at sheraton.com/sanjose, so that you can book the rate that would suit your needs better.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

This hotel used to be much better managed and I used to go there very often. But during the last years their services have deteriorated a lot. Last time I was there, they did not even do my room, and I had no newspapers in front of my door. I complained and I was told I had put a do not disturb sign in front of my door and that this is why my room was not done, and at the same time I had opted for a green choice. Needless to say these were completely untrue. I responded to an email from the assistant manager of the hotel who has written these in an email to me, and she did not even bother to reply to me. However, But I was offered some points for the trouble! After nearly twenty years of going to this hotel several times a year, I am switching to another SPG hotel in downtown San Jose.

Room Tip: Check everything twice as the management of the hotel seems to have serious problems. Don't be s...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank SwissTraveller21
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We are Starwood Gold members and usually travel quite quite often. There bathroom was quite dingy and thee door was so filthy and full of grime that I didn't want to touch it. The shower was small and had no pressure. The bed was however comfortable. I was disappointed as the housekeeping standards didn't meet Starwood hotel standards.

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank venuszany
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

We were quite surprised with your feedback because we know that our housekeeping team does a very good job of maintaining the cleanliness of the rooms. However, we thank you for sharing it with us. It is an opportunity to improve further.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again.