“Gem in Silicon Valley”

Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at this Sheraton property for one night for business. This property is located in the middle of the Silicon Valley. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Check-in staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed in room 622, which has a great view of the swimming pool in the back. If you a SPG premium member, Sheraton club serves good breakfast in the morning and snack in the afternoon. I will stay at this property again in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the swimming pool in the back.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

I am happy to hear that you will be back again. Thank you for sharing your feedback, it is helpful for us and our future guests in determining where to when they come to the San Jose/Milpitas area.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

From the start a very friendly hotel, the staff was pleasant and very wecloming.
Kris and Joy at the front desk were always offering assistance and directions for this first timer to the area. Their suggestions were right on the money...and very welcomed.
Kudos to their professionalism and their input and directions....
Dora the 7th floor chambermaid was pleasant and thorough, and willing to maintain my room in excellent conditions.
The swimming pool area is lush and tranquil, and a beautiful waterfall greets you as you arrive and soothes the weary traveller.
A Dinner meal at the Bistro was served fresh and on time, by a friendly host.
The meal was actually quite impressive as was the decadent dessert! A++ to the chef on that cake!
Upon meeting the office and management staff they also welcomed me to the property and offered an open door policy, seldom found in a hotel chain.
If travels should bring me back to the San Jose California area, I really wish to return to the Sheraton-Milpitas.
Thank you for a great stay!
Hope you enjoyed the cookies!...you deserved them and more!
Abel Gonzalez
713 West Curtis
Harlingen, Texas 78550
abelglz713@aol.com

Room Tip: Sugested rooms to overlook the swimming pool/ courtyard areas.....but all rooms have great views of...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

I was excited to read your review of your recent stay here, I'm glad that you had a great experience with us. I shared your comments with the rest of the team, particularly Kris, Joy, and Dora, and all were equally thrilled to hear the recognition about their great service.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback with us and our future guests! We are happy to know that, as a team, we are doing the right things to satisfy our guest. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while attending a convention at the Santa Clara convention center. All in all, my stay was very nice. The room was clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. My only complaint was that I couldn't get the window to open, and the room felt stuffy to me. Other than that, I thought we got a good room at a reasonable price (booked through Priceline name your own price)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback about your stay, we appreciate it.
The window opening in all of our guest rooms is limited for safety reasons. However, we have a beautiful courtyard where guests can sit and relax too, or do some work if they choose to do so. The hotel has other nice features, including an outdoor heated pool, which I hope you will be able to enjoy when you stay again.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Adequate business hotel.

Stayed at the traditional room with king bed for 3 nights. Room was clean, bed was comfy, and bathroom was spacious. I do like Sheraton's bed a lot and always had a good sleep.

Two things I did like about this Sheraton: really friendly service and the bigger than average gym.

Few things did bother me though. First, there's no in-room safe. I do like to store certain things just to have a peace of mind, but ended up taking all with me. The work desk in the room is set up right in front of the AC unit, which was annoying when it was blowing cold air, so I ended up shuffling things around so I don't have to sit with the AC unit freezing my back. The door to the bathroom is really wide for some reason and blocks the entryway unless it's closed or open all the way.

Also, whenever I enter to the gym, my room card would always be deactivated by the card reader at the gym! I had to go to the front desk several times just to get a new key or have my key reactivated. Annoying.

Was hoping I would be offered free wi-fi, but wasn't lucky enough. Tried to take advantage of the free wi-fi in the lobby, but it was pretty slow, so ended up going back upstairs and paid the $10 for the in room wi-fi.

Hotel restaurant, The Bistro, was okay. There's plenty of food options and Asian plazas within a short drive. Free parking.

Overall, for a business hotel, it works.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wow445

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and our future guests. We will continue to work on improving on the areas that you mentioned, such as the keys and the safe. We understand that these details can make a difference in the hotel experience of our guests.
The hotel fitness center is a very nice feature of the hotel. It is spacious and has new equipment that make it easy for our guests to stay fit while on the road. The complimentary WiFi access in the lobby and restaurant is great for guests who want to stay in touch while roaming the hotel; however, the in-room WiFi is ideal for guests who want faster and a more secure connection for work.
Thank you for taking notice of our friendly staff, we have a great team and we are proud of it! We hope to see you here again!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were staying at the Sheraton San Jose hotel for a dog show. The Cairn Terrier Club of Northern Cal switched their hotel headquarters to this hotel. What a gem. The staff was so helpful, the rooms totally updated and modern, the one restaurant kind of spendy but excellent(the seafood Louise salad was excellent) bar had some nice wines. My only complaint and the hotel cannot do anything about this is that it is in the middle of a business district and if you do not have a car grocery shopping or restaurants would be limited. I really enjoyed my stay here. There was a lot of room to exercise the dogs and lots of free parking. The room could have used a refrig. It had a coffee maker with a nice Starbucks one cup blend. Sundry store had a nice selection of snacks no alcohol though. We also had our club banquet at the hotel. Food was very good. Overall excellent hotel. Mahalo to the staff.

Stayed: February 2014
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

It is great to hear that we were able to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. Thank you for providing your feedback to us and our future guests about what they can look forward to when staying at the San Jose Sheraton. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

After searching for days for a decent place to stay while in San Jose on business, I came across this gem. The hotel is in an excellent location, reception was great, the room and bathroom are well appointed and quite roomy. The hotel makes a good first impression and does not disappoint. I am writing this review from my comfy hotel bed while watching the Olympics on my flat screen TV. I can recommend this hotel without reservation.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for letting us and our future guests know that you had a great experience here at the San Jose Sheraton Hotel! We appreciate that you recommend our hotel and we look forward to your next stays with us.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The approach to the hotel is a little complicated & the location is not the best. Property is old but well maintained. Rooms are clean & spacious. Staff is very helpful & friendly. Would recommend for a business stay but not for a holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us and our future guests.
We appreciate it and look forward to your next visit.