“Very nice. The "lounge" is unacceptable though.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton San Jose Hotel

Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Petaluma
“Very nice. The "lounge" is unacceptable though.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Always enjoy my stays here. Very nice hotel. Decently appointed. Acceptable prices. Good service at the front desk. Comfortable bed. Decent Wi-Fi. In general nothing at all to complain about for a business hotel.

However, the lounge? C'mon. Its a hotel room converted to a lounge. Very small, not much room inside. Not much food either. A mini fridge with a few sodas and waters. Some chips & salsa in the evening. Maybe one tray of one type of appetizer, something you could buy in the freezer at Safeway. Lots of places you can make do with the lounge food for a meal. Not here. I generally look at the options and leave without taking anything other than some waters. Its really just unacceptable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and our future guests. You are right about the lounge being small and unfortunately, we can't do much about that. However, we change the menu for the evening hors d' oeuvres reception so that it is not the same everyday, but it is really not meant to be a full meal either. We will explore other options to improve. Thank you again for letting us know about your experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in more hotels that I can count in San Jose and this place is hands down THE BEST... Beautifully furnished, great location, comfortable beds, awesome staff, quiet, clean... Well, you get the picture...

Highly recommend it....

Stayed March 2014
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback! It feels good to know that we took care of you and that we were able to provide you with a great experience. Thank you for your recommendation to our future guests and we look forward to welcoming you back!
San Ramon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

The front desk guy was very helpful. Even proactive when he determined that based on who was traveling, that our king bed would be insufficient. He got us back on track. A very pleasant experience. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the courtyard side rather than the freeway side.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CARainmaker
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the San Jose Sheraton Hotel. It's great to hear about our associates who make the experience a pleasant one because they anticipate your needs. Although there were no names mentioned, we will give special recognition to our front desk team!
Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at this Sheraton property for one night for business. This property is located in the middle of the Silicon Valley. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Check-in staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed in room 622, which has a great view of the swimming pool in the back. If you a SPG premium member, Sheraton club serves good breakfast in the morning and snack in the afternoon. I will stay at this property again in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the swimming pool in the back.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am happy to hear that you will be back again. Thank you for sharing your feedback, it is helpful for us and our future guests in determining where to when they come to the San Jose/Milpitas area.
Harlingen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

From the start a very friendly hotel, the staff was pleasant and very wecloming.
Kris and Joy at the front desk were always offering assistance and directions for this first timer to the area. Their suggestions were right on the money...and very welcomed.
Kudos to their professionalism and their input and directions....
Dora the 7th floor chambermaid was pleasant and thorough, and willing to maintain my room in excellent conditions.
The swimming pool area is lush and tranquil, and a beautiful waterfall greets you as you arrive and soothes the weary traveller.
A Dinner meal at the Bistro was served fresh and on time, by a friendly host.
The meal was actually quite impressive as was the decadent dessert! A++ to the chef on that cake!
Upon meeting the office and management staff they also welcomed me to the property and offered an open door policy, seldom found in a hotel chain.
If travels should bring me back to the San Jose California area, I really wish to return to the Sheraton-Milpitas.
Thank you for a great stay!
Hope you enjoyed the cookies!...you deserved them and more!
Abel Gonzalez
713 West Curtis
Harlingen, Texas 78550
abelglz713@aol.com

Room Tip: Sugested rooms to overlook the swimming pool/ courtyard areas.....but all rooms have great views of...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I was excited to read your review of your recent stay here, I'm glad that you had a great experience with us. I shared your comments with the rest of the team, particularly Kris, Joy, and Dora, and all were equally thrilled to hear the recognition about their great service.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback with us and our future guests! We are happy to know that, as a team, we are doing the right things to satisfy our guest. We look forward to your next stay!
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while attending a convention at the Santa Clara convention center. All in all, my stay was very nice. The room was clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. My only complaint was that I couldn't get the window to open, and the room felt stuffy to me. Other than that, I thought we got a good room at a reasonable price (booked through Priceline name your own price)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback about your stay, we appreciate it.
The window opening in all of our guest rooms is limited for safety reasons. However, we have a beautiful courtyard where guests can sit and relax too, or do some work if they choose to do so. The hotel has other nice features, including an outdoor heated pool, which I hope you will be able to enjoy when you stay again.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Adequate business hotel.

Stayed at the traditional room with king bed for 3 nights. Room was clean, bed was comfy, and bathroom was spacious. I do like Sheraton's bed a lot and always had a good sleep.

Two things I did like about this Sheraton: really friendly service and the bigger than average gym.

Few things did bother me though. First, there's no in-room safe. I do like to store certain things just to have a peace of mind, but ended up taking all with me. The work desk in the room is set up right in front of the AC unit, which was annoying when it was blowing cold air, so I ended up shuffling things around so I don't have to sit with the AC unit freezing my back. The door to the bathroom is really wide for some reason and blocks the entryway unless it's closed or open all the way.

Also, whenever I enter to the gym, my room card would always be deactivated by the card reader at the gym! I had to go to the front desk several times just to get a new key or have my key reactivated. Annoying.

Was hoping I would be offered free wi-fi, but wasn't lucky enough. Tried to take advantage of the free wi-fi in the lobby, but it was pretty slow, so ended up going back upstairs and paid the $10 for the in room wi-fi.

Hotel restaurant, The Bistro, was okay. There's plenty of food options and Asian plazas within a short drive. Free parking.

Overall, for a business hotel, it works.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wow445
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and our future guests. We will continue to work on improving on the areas that you mentioned, such as the keys and the safe. We understand that these details can make a difference in the hotel experience of our guests.
The hotel fitness center is a very nice feature of the hotel. It is spacious and has new equipment that make it easy for our guests to stay fit while on the road. The complimentary WiFi access in the lobby and restaurant is great for guests who want to stay in touch while roaming the hotel; however, the in-room WiFi is ideal for guests who want faster and a more secure connection for work.
Thank you for taking notice of our friendly staff, we have a great team and we are proud of it! We hope to see you here again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley

Been to Sheraton San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!