“Comfortable business hotel, but car required!”

Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
USA
“Comfortable business hotel, but car required!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here for a business meeting, and everything was very nice. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were great about accommodating my request for a quiet room at the end of the hall, and very helpful any time I had a question.

The catering for our meeting was handled well, and they were very attentive about refreshing the coffee, tea, water, and snacks. The food exceeded my expectations for hotel fare, and there is a great patio area with a view of the pool and waterfall where we were served. Great space to get some fresh air and to check messages on breaks.

There are two downsides to this location that travelers should be aware of. First, you need a car, as there is truly nothing close to the hotel to walk to.

Secondly, the hotel shuttle policy is a bit irritating. They will take you within a 3-mile radius of the hotel to any office park. They will NOT take you to Great Mall (Even though they tout that as a reason to stay here on their website), or to any restaurant within this radius. I found that very odd, and it definitely frustrated several of the other participants at my conference who were stuck without a car. This means that location-wise, this hotel is really only a good choice if you're visiting one of the tech companies or office parks in the immediate area. Otherwise, choose an alternate location closer to shopping/restaurants if you don't have a car.

I had a car, luckily, and headed to Santana Row in San Jose each night for dinner. This is a very pleasant area to walk around, with a great variety of shopping, entertainment, and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank UsaTravelinfool
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and our future guests. We appreciate it and hope to see you here again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seattle
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed in a cabana suite by the pool. Suite is a good size and clean. It is however very dark and the lighting poor. The room and furniture are very dated and along with the darkness in the room made for a very depressing atmosphere!
The bedroom windows rattled at the slightest wind outside. The air conditioning is so loud that in order to get some sleep we had to turn it off. Housekeeping was fantastic. There was a lot of care and thought in the cleaning of the room. Room service was also fast and good. The club level breakfast was so so. I skipped it on the second day. I must add that in the area, there aren't many great hotels. Have stayed in a few. Some are better than others but all in all nothing great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. Your comments will help us in determining what we need to work on for further improvement. While the hotel may have seen better days, we are happy to know that our housekeeping team does a great job of maintaining and cleaning the rooms.
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked a club-level suite for our four night stay with our children. Based upon previous reviews, I requested a courtyard-facing room. Upon check-in, our room at the sold-out hotel was instead facing the highway. Sol, at the front desk, kindly and quickly changed our reservation to two courtyard-facing adjacent rooms. We had a wonderful stay and an incredibly restful sleep. The club room itself was well-stocked and was similar to the club rooms at many Westin hotels we have visited. When we return to the SF bay area, we will be certain to stay at the Sheraton San Jose again. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff, service, rooms, and club level amenities were excellent!

Room Tip: choose a courtyard-facing room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us!
We appreciate your recognition of Sol, she is truly an asset and we are proud to have her on our team. We hope to see you here again soon!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Booked this Hotel for a 3 night stay (1st time staying here) to help a friend relocate from SFO area, new job at Apple. I received a phone call the day before my stay from the Hotel advising me that they had OVERBOOKED the Cabana Suite (612 sq ft) I had prepaid and I would be moved to a Tower Suite. I arrived at the Hotel and was given a room on the second floor of the Tower Suite, I am a SPG GOLD member, I asked if I could be on an SPG floor, I was told NO. I then asked if I could have Club room access, I was told NO. I arrived to the Tower Suite (390 sq ft) dark, old furnishings, peeling veners. I went back to front desk requested MGR, asked for SPG floor and Club room access due they asked ME to change rooms due to Oversale situaton, again told NO, but would move me to 5 th floor (non SPG Floor) as a courtesy. The room was again dark and in need of a refresh. The room is next to a water fall that runs until 11:00 PM at night (noisey). I was very disappointed with my experience, Starwood shame on you for allowing such a non customer friendly staff to represent the Sheraton brand.

Room Tip: Cabana suite best value however beware of Oversale and Bate and Switch tactics.
Green Features: I opted for Green Plan, I was surprised that someone in the room adjacent to mine was smoking, when I asked the front desk if they allowed smoking in guest rooms I was told no.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Marc A
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Troon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Sheraton is ideal if you are needing somewhere to stay near San Jose airport. Every member of staff I met was extremely friendly and helpful, they are a true credit to the hotel. As other have mentioned you do need a car if you are planning to stay here as it is a little bit far to go anywhere on foot.
I stayed in the basic king size suite and was very surprised with how large and well appointed the room was. The pool area looks beautiful however I unfortunately didn't have time to use it. I would happily stay here again if I am ever looking for a hotel in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarkoT1989
I am happy to hear that you had an amazing stay and that we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you for commending our team, we are proud to have a great group of people who care.
We hope to see you again when you are back in the area!
Germany
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at Sheraton SanJose (in Milpitas) for 2 nights visiting families. The hotel is conviniently located 7 miles from Great Mall with abundant shopping and restaurants. Easy find off 101 on a quiet street. Must have a car to explore surrounding areas. Public trans is not so easily accessible. We were greeted with a warm smile, friendly and professional staff. They recognized our SPG Gold and gave us an upgrade to a suite, pool side veiw and a late check out -- made us feel valued. The suite has seperate bedroom and a living area, fridge, complimentary bottled water and microwave. The only thing missing is coffee/tea maker. You must pay for in-room WiFi but free in the lobby. Suite is clean, super comfortable, modern decor, spacious and the bed is heavenly comfortable. The common areas, hallways, lobby are well maintained with elegant decor. We will definitely come back whenever in town. Really impressed with the staff at this Hotel -- I was at the lobby waiting for someone and just observing how they handle each visitor -- they were friendly, courteous and kind. They made me smile . . . great Job !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Beatiful comfortable room with a decent view from the 8th floor. Joy at the customer service desk was helpful and friendly. She is a great asset to the team. I was also impressed with Peter, who helped with the luggage as well as some other queries. Highly recommended place to stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
rlangley, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about your recent stay here. We appreciate your business! Joy and Peter are true assets to this team and we are very proud to have them here. They take care of all our guests to ensure a great stay.
Thank you for recommending us to our future guests too! The hotel has many other features including a heated pool and 24-hour fitness room, that many guests will enjoy. We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Hampton Inn Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas

Been to Sheraton San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!