“Save Your money, Stay at another hotel!”

Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
toronto
“Save Your money, Stay at another hotel!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

I stayed here for a week for business. The hotel is located in an isolated area with nothing really around it.

The staff were actually not very nice, including the manager. I had booked and paid for a suite and then upon arrival I was told they cannot provide it to me as they have non available. I was pretty upset and asked to speak with the manager who rudely rejected my concern. I guess they know everyone is a business client and have no other option but to stay.

Well, I hope the next person who reads this does them selves a favour and checks around for another hotel as there are many others that are less expensive and better (I actually checked).

Room service was very poor and we had to call almost daily to get things like toilet paper, clean towels.

The heater in the room did not work either and was very chili in the room.

I would not recommend this hotel nor will I stay here again.

Sorry Sheraton, but you have failed badly.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank CoronaBoy
rlangley, Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2010
We hope you won't judge us on one comment, but rather look at the many great things our customers have to say. We just got our 2009 results and rank in the top 20% for all Sheraton Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hollywood Hills
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

The Fairmont and Valencia were booked and this Sheraton was recommended by a co-worker. I have NEVER stayed at a Sheraton before and was shocked at how well-appointed and clean the room and hotel were. The hotel was recently remodeled and is a little off the beaten path but is a great much cheaper alternative to The Fairmont and Hotel Valencia. The Fairmont and Valencia charge $20+ p/night for parking and the Sheraton offers free parking! They even offer free internet access and complimentary newpaper in the morning. It is conveniently located to In-and-Out, Applebees, Starbucks, McDonalds (perfect for grabbing a quick cheap bite after a long work day). I didn't miss the piano/bar in The Fairmont's lobby or the noisy courtyard of Hotel Valencia/Santana Row. If you're traveling on business and want a nice, clean, quiet place to lay your head-this is IT!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. We'll be sure to share them with our staff.
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2009

Stayed at the Sheraton San Jose hotel for one night with my wife during a brief trip for a friend's wedding. The hotel has been renovated but still shows some aging (e.g., use of tiles looks circa 1990s). The hotel is clean, offers standard amenities (complimentary PCs), flat screen TVs in the rooms, etc. Compared to the Sheraton Sunnyvale where I've stayed once before, I would recommend this hotel in the San Jose area based on its central location, cleanliness and friendly hotel staff. With that being said, this is more of a business hotel than a leisure hotel. The pool (as viewed from my room) was nice but there isn't much to entertain families at this hotel.

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
East Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

Stayed here two nights on a quick business trip. Wasn't there long enough to have much to say:
Pros:
- Clean, well appointed room
- Nicely landscaped courtyard area with pond, pool and spa
Cons:
- Internet was not free

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank KDAA
Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

I was greeted immediatly when I arrived. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The location was not the most convenient, there was not anything (shopping, eating) withing walking distance. There was a restaurant and lounge on premises...but when staying for a week without a rental car it would be nice to have options.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Leslie7409
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

We stayed here because we needed a convenient hotel for just 1 night in the area as part of a road trip my husband & I were taking. I can't tell you how impressed with this hotel. It is definitely geared to the business traveler, but we found it to be friendly, clean & a convenient place to stay. We opted for the "Club" level & it was really worth it. A nice continental breakfast in the morning & wine & appetizers in the evening. Even a computer with printer to use if you didn't bring one. The hotel had complimentary internet in the rooms too. Everyone we encountered was very friendly & helpful. The rooms are well appointed, almost identical to the Westin St. Francis, where we stayed the next 3 nights, but certainly less expensive. There are no fees for parking your car in their lot either. Overall a very nice experience after a long day on the road. We would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sylvia H
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

I attended a 2 day conference here and the experience was pleasant. We stayed there 2 nights and hired a car on the last day to take advantage of the 1 hour drive north to San Francisco and south to Carmel (GORGEOUS!), Monterey and Big Sur. They have plenty of parking on site and it's free.

The hotel has recently been renovated so everything is modern and there are flat screen TVs. The room was a good size with a King size bed, desk and armchair. There wasn't a mini bar in our room, but there were ice and soft drink vending machines on each level and small convenience shop in the lobby where you could purchase drinks, chips, chocolates and the items you may have left at home. They had a small coffee making machine that my husband used for his daily dose of Starbucks and they had a complimentary bottle of water in the room.

The bathroom was large and functional. They had shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, body lotion a small amenity kit and shower sponge (nice touch, I haven't seen that one before).

They have a lovely large heated pool and spa.

We had breakfast in the dining room and it worked out about $20 per person. They had porridge, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast, bagels, English muffins, fruit and toast on offer. They may have had cereal etc but I can't recall. I wanted to grab a quick bagel one day and they charged $3.50. I also ordered room service which was quick and efficient - I had the quesadilla which was nice. I'm always a little challenged by the prices hotels charge for room service and their restaurants. Because we didn't have a car until the last day, we really had to use their dining facilities and pay the premium for it.

The team are very friendly and accommodating.

They have a free shuttle that will pick you up from San Jose airport and also take you to other destinations for free if it's within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. We used the shuttle for our airport transfer, a trip to the Great Mall (large outlet mall) and to pick up a hire car from the airport - very convenient and the drivers were lovely.

You can get free WiFi in the lobby or use their computers to access the Net if you're a guest. In room Internet access was around $9 a day.

This is a hotel you would stay at for business. It's in a commercial area, so you can't really walk out the door and explore.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Hampton Inn Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas

Been to Sheraton San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!