“Will definitely come back”

Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Netanya, Israel
“Will definitely come back”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel met all my expectations and beyond.
The stuff was very nice, friendly and efficient.
I received answers to all my questions with kindness.
Great experience overall.
Will definitely come back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fremont, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel needs some updating, but overall a clean place to stay. Nice pool and patio area. Lobby is nice with plenty of places to sit. Free wifi is great as well. Phillip, the front desk manager is top-notch on every visit.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked this room for a trip with my wife and infant son. Thought I got a good deal for 2 rooms and a little over $250 for this area...just average however. A boutique hotel with cheap decor. When I first checked in I was given a room that looked at a wall..no natural light. I went to the front desk and requested to be moved, they were less than thrilled but did make a change. Was told the second room overlooked the pool and had plenty of natural light...only problem was it overlooked the parking lot, not the pool. The rooms are clean but the beds are uncomfortable and the decor is all cheap. I would not stay here again. Many of the front desk people are very friendly, but not all of them are interested in making your stay perfect. One night people were yelling and making loud noises until 5 am. The next day I asked the front desk if that was normal or if they had a event that was causing the noise. I was told the hotel was booked full and that might account for the extra noise levels. Huh? That doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, the hotel is clean, but not even close to worth the price. Possibly for business it would be a different story, but not for vacation. Very disappointed.

1 Thank CSUFan
San Jose, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Changes to reservations were obvious due to accommodating a tour bus full of people. Hotel was willing to honor original reservations next day (after tour bis checked out) several events going on at same time, exisitng events service went down hill. Air conditioner didnt work mtg room, were forced to leave patio doors open...experience just straight up disaster

San Jose, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

When I checked in I was informed that the room that I chose was not available, so they were going to do a free upgrade to a nicer and roomier room. We were given the handicap room where the water from the shower went all over the bathroom floor. These seemed more like a downgrade as we were told by other visitors that their rooms were very spacious had pool view, and even a microwave. I am sure this was the room that we had requested.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The service in the hotel is nice, food is decent, but Internet access is incredibly slow and unreliable. When I was there in June 2014 it was barely usable. The good news is that it is free, but I would rather pay for a useful access.

Kenmore, Washington
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We booked this hotel for a five night stay partly for fun and partly for my husbands work. Pulling up to the hotel I thought it looked a bit rough and needed some work. We checked in and were assigned an "accessible" room since that was all they had left. When we got to the room there were dirty dishes sitting outside of the room. Inside the smell was not fresh, there was some kind of white dirt on the carpet and the bathroom looked like it was stuck in the 70s. There was no way I would have taken my shoes off in there. This was the first time I have ever left a hotel. There was not a chance we were sleeping there. The staff was nice about it and the man helping us got the manager and we were able to leave without charges but they didn't seem surprised or concerned we were leaving. Now we know!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport-Silicon Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport

Been to Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose? Share your experiences!