“Meeting”

Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The room was very nice along with all the staff! Rather not have been in a room next to the staff locker rooms it was quite loud other than that it was nice and comfortable! Breakfast was very good and staff was amazing and on top of things! Thank you

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose

Reviewed 30 June 2014

this was a very pleasurable experience I would and will stay again. You kept us very happy too bad we did not get a chance to use the pool it looked very nice. we did use the hot tub it was nice but could use some help as it wasn't up to par.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My company booked this hotel for a recent visit to my company's headquarters. Since I have liked in San Jose in the past, I would not have booked this hotel on my own as there are better options available closer to restaurants. The hotel is clean and rooms spacious, but felt out-dated. I did not try the breakfast, but my associates did, and reported nothing great, just average. The hotel had free wifi with no hassle for logging in. I stayed for 2 nights where I was originally booked for 3, I ended up changing hotel for the 3rd night beforehand in order to be closer to SFO (and glad i did). My biggest complaint was the noise, both nights I would be awaken from the trash trucks picking up garbage from the restaurant between 3-4 am. I was also awaken from the noise coming from the back of the restaurant where they would through things into the dumpsters. The walls are also thin, where I again was awaken by a mobile phone ringing in the next room at 5am where I could hear his conversation. All-in-all, the hotel is average, but I did not get a full night sleep due to the noise factors and would not stay here again. I traveled with 4 other associates and they also indicated the hotel was average and most likely would try other hotels next time they also have to visit our headquarters office in Milpitas/San Jose.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the restaurant
1  Thank CodyDC
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel restaurant, the lobby, and outside areas, all the way around were very nice as far as decor. Loved the wine tasting as soon as we stepped into Brandon's. Sad to say, the food was not good at all. My check-in was complicated because I booked on Hotels.com and never had a problem until I got here and they were trying to charge my credit card over 900.00 when my paperwork said 635.00 total. That issue was resolved, even though it was frustrating. The actual rooms are a little outdated. Other then that, it is a great place to stay. Love that it was right by the mall. And also down the street from this great Breakfast and Lunch Cafe called Hobbies.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed a week at this hotel and it was quite ok. The room was clean and everything worked. The breakfast is uninspiring and the quality of service during breakfast varies a lot. The hotel restaurant is depressingly empty. Quite ok for the price, but nothing I would recommend unless you get a really good price.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Beverly Heritage provides a comfortable & spacious room. Top marks for location - it's right next to Cisco land and a stone's throw away from restaurants on Ranch Dr and shopping at the Great Mall. Modest and unassuming is a good style to adopt but things are a little dated inside the room (the speaker phone will not work). I have stayed before in the regular rooms before and been satisfied, this time however, I had to choose the "premium room" due to unavailability of the regular. Except for the difference in price, I did not see any difference between regular and premium. The room was identical. The lounge was very poorly maintained - hot water for tea was never hot, breakfast was provided only days convenient to the staff, and worst of all the grapes at breakfast were dirty and not thoroughly washed! The in room bottled water which I assumed to be free was not free. It was marked with price, but it wasn't obvious, I assumed it was a perk of the premium room.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at your hotel for two nights. We did not spent too much time at the hotel room due to tight schedule. The limited time we had at the hotel was quite pleasant. The people at the front counter was very polite and friendly. The shuttle service was on time and the driver was nice too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends