“Clean your own room.”

Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Upon driving up to your Hotel, we were so excited to see both the beautiful building and the grounds. It was a very beautiful setting, close to the highway and easy to find. And there was no road noise, even tho we were on the highway side. We found the front desk staff to be very helpful and friendly. It would have been a perfect visit except for the fact that our room was never cleaned. Every day when we returned from our activities, we found our room just as we had left it that morning. So we had to call housekeeping and leave the room while they cleaned, when we needed to take a rest before dinner. It was a disappointing experience and couldn't believe it was a daily event. This had never happened to us before so was disappointing to say the least.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The first night I pulled the bed covers up and saw a filthy stain! Almost made me puke. Sheets were not changed!I went to the front desk and told the lady there the issue. She apologized and told me the cleaning staff had left for the day but would arrange to get me fresh sheets. I agreed went off to my meeting. When I got back in, the sheets were clean and changed. Thanks you!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Overall, it's a decent place. But, we had 3 things we were not happy about:

1 - When we first turned on the water in the sink, black ink came out. It ran clear soon enough. But, I went out and bought bottled water to use. I called the front desk to let them know. The woman sounded confused and offered to come up (which I declined since there was nothing looking at would help) and she promised someone would look at it the next day (I don't believe anyone did).

2 - At breakfast, 2 people came by and asked for our room number which we gave them. We presumed this was all that was needed to be charged for the buffet. They called the room later that morning and stated that someone needed to sign for the breakfast. My husband promised to stop at the front desk later. (He wasn't feeling well and had stayed in the room to sleep.) About 15 minutes later, ignoring the "do not disturb" sign, there was a knock on the door and the person asked for a signature for breakfast on the spot. The final bill then charged for 2 breakfasts even though 1 was included in the rate. The front staff graciously removed both charges. But, it would have been better if they had just charged for the one breakfast without waking my husband.

3 - We made 2 calls to a toll free 800 number. We were charged for 2 "long distance phone calls" at 85 cents each. Really? A charge for making a toll-free call?

If you stay here, ask for a room on the private courtyard facing away from the pool and the road. They play music in the pool area relatively quietly. But, if you're sensitive to sound, you may be more comfortable facing a different direction or wearing ear plugs.

I don't know if we would stay here again. It's wasn't bad. It just had some rough spots.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I am frequent business traveler to the San Jose area, I find the Beverly Heritage convenient to the airport and the freeways. I also feel safe and secure in the hotel and the parking lot and the hotel staff are always friendly and go above and beyond whenever I have asked for help.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Very well run hotel. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. The breakfast was well staffed and food was warm and there was plenty of it. The only thing I could recommend is to add a trash can by the ice maker in the Premier wing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family and I enjoyed that the room was clean. We spent our evenings by the pool side and it was also clean and enjoyable. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that two nights we could not use the hot tub or the sitting area because a coach and his team held their meetings. It would be a good idea if you inform guest especially those who arrive in groups to hold any meetings in their rooms or other business areas within the hotel so it won't take away from guest enjoying their time. These two nights that I mention, approximately 14 guest complained and left the area very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The service in the resturant for breakfast and dinner was horrible. the only time my server came over at dinner was to take my order and drop of my food. Same w/ bfast. Great lotion selection in the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business