“Needs some more maintenance”

Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Frankfurt
“Needs some more maintenance”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

standard hotel that has seen a few years now. needs renovation and clean up.
staff was friendly and tried their best, but i was dissapoiunted to have been put into a room with machinewrie in the background, humming and vibrating all the time. i am not sure if they expected me not to complain and ask for a new room, considering that i stayed a week... they changed my room which was better, 3rd floor with a little breakthrough in the ceiling of the living room, letting daylight in.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stockton
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had an unsuccessful reservation booking through a hotel website where my reservation feel through. I ended up having to pay full price because the front staff could not match the online price. No fridge or microwave in the room which was a huge disappointment because I traveled with a little one and I could not keep milk or oatmeal for her. The furniture was outdated however real spacious. It included a sofa sleeper that I probably would think twice about laying on because it was velour or velvet. Looked like a couch from a 79's basement, mustard yellow.
I wouldn't recommend staying here, it's pricey and not as convenient, updated or nice as other hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Barrington
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Rennovation required - Room service Menu did not changed for the path 12 months - quality fairly poor - Brandon's not much better. But overall fine, next door and above people could be heard walking - take 3rd floor room if possible - suites are depressing as no window exists - better to have room with one single bedroom.

Miamisburg
Reviewed 11 August 2014

All good except was surprised you did not offer a free contental breakfast. Also, "Happy Hour" did not apply to anything other than the 4 tapped beers which were not a very good selection. Other than that, it was a good experience.

Tacoma
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Upon driving up to your Hotel, we were so excited to see both the beautiful building and the grounds. It was a very beautiful setting, close to the highway and easy to find. And there was no road noise, even tho we were on the highway side. We found the front desk staff to be very helpful and friendly. It would have been a perfect visit except for the fact that our room was never cleaned. Every day when we returned from our activities, we found our room just as we had left it that morning. So we had to call housekeeping and leave the room while they cleaned, when we needed to take a rest before dinner. It was a disappointing experience and couldn't believe it was a daily event. This had never happened to us before so was disappointing to say the least.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Point Pleasant Beach
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The first night I pulled the bed covers up and saw a filthy stain! Almost made me puke. Sheets were not changed!I went to the front desk and told the lady there the issue. She apologized and told me the cleaning staff had left for the day but would arrange to get me fresh sheets. I agreed went off to my meeting. When I got back in, the sheets were clean and changed. Thanks you!

Mission Viejo
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Overall, it's a decent place. But, we had 3 things we were not happy about:

1 - When we first turned on the water in the sink, black ink came out. It ran clear soon enough. But, I went out and bought bottled water to use. I called the front desk to let them know. The woman sounded confused and offered to come up (which I declined since there was nothing looking at would help) and she promised someone would look at it the next day (I don't believe anyone did).

2 - At breakfast, 2 people came by and asked for our room number which we gave them. We presumed this was all that was needed to be charged for the buffet. They called the room later that morning and stated that someone needed to sign for the breakfast. My husband promised to stop at the front desk later. (He wasn't feeling well and had stayed in the room to sleep.) About 15 minutes later, ignoring the "do not disturb" sign, there was a knock on the door and the person asked for a signature for breakfast on the spot. The final bill then charged for 2 breakfasts even though 1 was included in the rate. The front staff graciously removed both charges. But, it would have been better if they had just charged for the one breakfast without waking my husband.

3 - We made 2 calls to a toll free 800 number. We were charged for 2 "long distance phone calls" at 85 cents each. Really? A charge for making a toll-free call?

If you stay here, ask for a room on the private courtyard facing away from the pool and the road. They play music in the pool area relatively quietly. But, if you're sensitive to sound, you may be more comfortable facing a different direction or wearing ear plugs.

I don't know if we would stay here again. It's wasn't bad. It just had some rough spots.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose

Been to Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose? Share your experiences!