“Not would I expected..” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Spanaway, WA
“Not would I expected..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

Was asked to secure room because room was prepaid through Hotwire and had problems before with smoking and noise. We were assigned a room on the 2nd floor and when my husband and I stepped off the elevator the hallway smelled of cigarette smoke. When entering our room, it also had a strong cigarette smell. We called the front desk to let them know and was offered that they would spray the hallway with air freshner. The front desk wanted to know did it smell like cigarettes or marijuana. I explained that my husband is allergic to smoke smells and will have trouble breathing. We were given another room and different area. I finally started to feel a little better about our stay at the hotel until the front desk told me "We usually don't do this." and also was told, "We know who they are that is smoking -they will be be dinged." I was afraid to touch anything in our new room fearing we will be "dinged" as well. I didn't expect this from an advertised 4-star hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrsASpanaway_WA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
valencia,ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

My friend and I checked in at 10 PM and found the bathroom to be dirty and a pile of dirty towels on the floor. The front desk clerk offered us two free breakfast coupons and we forgave. In my opinion, the rate is dirt cheap.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

I have stayed her e20 PLUS times as I am a travel coordinator, and I can honestly say that we have had maybe 5 issues and I LOVE this place. They have remodled and the gym is awesome! The pool.WOW, open 365 a year AND heated..Come on, that's incrediable!!!! Front desk people are SO nice. Chris and Chris are now gone but I was impressed with the new front desk people. My 10 year old (who has been going since she was 2 ) LOVES this hotel. We are going back againt his SAT 8/7/09 and I am sure we will have a great time. Enjoy, and TIP your housekeeper. They work hard. Carlie

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Long Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

We were exhausted from driving all day, by the time we checked in to the hotel was around 7:40 PM. Our room # was 201 closed to the elevator and convenient for us, I thought.
I noticed that the remote control for the TV was missing, I called the front desk, he said he will have someone bring us one and I have waited till 11:00 PM without taking a shower, just in case I would miss him while I was in the shower. NEVER HAPPEN.
Air conditioner was not working well and very loud. Did not complaining to the staff but, By 2:30 am the room was so hot, we woke up and turn the air conditioning on, then could not go back to sleep due to the loud sound.
5:15 Am I was waken up by squeaking noise from upper room with person walking around with their heal of their foot. The floor squeaked every time they walked. I was almost picked up the phone to call the person above my head to walk softly, another item I did not do.
5:58 AM the persons has closed the door and left the room. Thanks for the wake-up call that I did not request.

Pros:
- Big rooms
- HUGE breakfast buffet with bacon, eggs, and an omlette station
- good parking
-pool and Restaurant was beautiful
-The rate on the Hotel was great with free breakfast.

Cons:
- rooms are a bit dark, a little tough to put on my makeup in the morning
- not close to many restaurants
-Room seriously needs a remodel.
- No gift shop for small items like battery. I had to go drive to gas station to purchase a battery.

I would not recommend staying at this hotel unless you can get a good room rate and a free breakfast. It's moderately comfortable, and most of the staff is nice.
It's definitely dated and in need of a remodel, as I said, but it was pretty comfortable.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cyview
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

Booked the room through Hotwire at about $57 per night for 5 nights. Great value for a 3.5 star hotel.
We were assigned to a "Hotwire" room at the very end of hall on 3rd floor next to fire exit. Front desk clerk was neither friendly nor rude. We had a King Bed and room was facing the freeway which was a bit noisy, that was fine 'cause we kept window closed all the time. Layout was a bit weird. Sitting room, bathroom and then bedroom. No big deal because the room was spacious. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows.
I got a bottle of showergel next day with 2/3 remaining???? What happened to the 1/3??
Housekeeping said shower cap was kept at front desk. Requested and got one.
Free internet, free newspaper and refrigerator in room.
TV was a bit old but I did not come to the hotel to watch TV.
Gym facility was perfectly fine with free water.
No problem to style my hair with the wall mount hair dryer.
Need a closet with door.
Not easy to find parking at night. Space too narrow.
The young gentleman who checked us out on 07/19/09 was very polite and sweet.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank 2middleagetraveler
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

The good: free shuttle service to anywhere within town, excellent choice if you've got business at Cisco (or other Silicon Valley company), free Wifi internet, quiet cafe at yard, nice swimming pool. The staff was friendly and very helpful.
The bad: no shops, restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

My husband and i booked this hotel through Hotwire for a great rate of $57. We just needed a place to stay before meeting friends to travel to Yosemite. The hotel was great. We had a very comfortable room with great beds. We were able to check in around noon which was great because we had just flown in from the east coast and needed a nap. The pool and hot tub area were very lovely with gas tocrched in the evening.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Larkspur Landing Milpitas
Larkspur Landing Milpitas
#12 of 20 in Milpitas
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport

Been to Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose? Share your experiences!