“Bad Customer Service”

Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 25 September 2009

The hotel is nice and clean however the front desk team is horriable, they seem not to care about their customers. VERY RUDE AND ALWAY HAVE ATTITUTE. I stayed at this hotel twice but didnot see any imvrovement.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank familyguy95020

Reviewed 5 September 2009

We got an excellent rate for the hotel, but service was terrible. We were not allowed to check-in because the cardholder was under 21. After several hostile interactions between the booking company (Hotwire) and the front desk, the manager came out. When I asked her to help me she told me she would let her subordinate take care of it.

We ended up canceling the reservation through the booking company.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank michluvsu
Reviewed 29 August 2009

The Beverly Heritage is some what of an undercover "super nice" hotel. From the outside it doesn't look like much, but once you inside everthing from the interior design to the bedrooms down to the service is just excellent. They have a complimentary breakfast that is hands down the very best I have ever had in any hotel ever. Actually just thinking about it, I want to go there again just for that! lol. If your in the area.. this is a hard one to beat people. ;o)

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Ever had one of those days when you knew things were just right? This was one of those days. From the check-in throughout my stay the service was excellent. I sincerely enjoyed my stay. My room, room service, front desk and housekeeping were above par. I did not know customer service could be this good. I almost didn't want to attend my business meetings because the location and ambiance of the property was so great. I look forward to my return to San Jose. I plan to stay at this excellent property.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Was asked to secure room because room was prepaid through Hotwire and had problems before with smoking and noise. We were assigned a room on the 2nd floor and when my husband and I stepped off the elevator the hallway smelled of cigarette smoke. When entering our room, it also had a strong cigarette smell. We called the front desk to let them know and was offered that they would spray the hallway with air freshner. The front desk wanted to know did it smell like cigarettes or marijuana. I explained that my husband is allergic to smoke smells and will have trouble breathing. We were given another room and different area. I finally started to feel a little better about our stay at the hotel until the front desk told me "We usually don't do this." and also was told, "We know who they are that is smoking -they will be be dinged." I was afraid to touch anything in our new room fearing we will be "dinged" as well. I didn't expect this from an advertised 4-star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsASpanaway_WA
Reviewed 11 August 2009

My friend and I checked in at 10 PM and found the bathroom to be dirty and a pile of dirty towels on the floor. The front desk clerk offered us two free breakfast coupons and we forgave. In my opinion, the rate is dirt cheap.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I have stayed her e20 PLUS times as I am a travel coordinator, and I can honestly say that we have had maybe 5 issues and I LOVE this place. They have remodled and the gym is awesome! The pool.WOW, open 365 a year AND heated..Come on, that's incrediable!!!! Front desk people are SO nice. Chris and Chris are now gone but I was impressed with the new front desk people. My 10 year old (who has been going since she was 2 ) LOVES this hotel. We are going back againt his SAT 8/7/09 and I am sure we will have a great time. Enjoy, and TIP your housekeeper. They work hard. Carlie

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Hampton Inn Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport

Been to Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose? Share your experiences!