“excellent extended stay hotel”

Residence Inn Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I travel to San Jose monthly on business and have stayed in just about every extended stay hotel in the area. This one is by far the best.
Both the rooms and appliances have been updated. The hotel is in general very clean. The staff is friendly and attentive.
The only reason that I did not give it five stars was that the beds are very, very firm - a bit like sleeping on a plank.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was very pleased with our comfortable and quiet stay at the Residence Inn in Milpitas, CA. It offered everything that you come to expect with the "Residence Inn" name. The lobby appearance and reception staff were welcoming.

The breakfast was ample and filling. However, there was one morning that they were overwhelmed with a lot of guests all at once. Some things were out of stock, but those were taken care of, once the situation was brought to the attention of the staff. Our group enjoyed the options each morning and variety between what was offered each day (four breakfasts in total).

The location was great. It was close to the highway, which was great for traveling around the Bay Area. As you may already know all-too-well, a hotel "near the highway" can equal a noisy room. However, we had to make an effort to listen for road noise on the backside of the hotel (perpendicular to the highway & on the 3rd floor).

The room was clean and spacious. Furniture was up-to-date, and the beds were wonderfully comfortable. In our two-bedroom, two-bath suite, we were pleased to have the sinks outside of the tub & toilet part of the bathrooms.

We only encountered one problem: the clothes iron malfunctioned. It sprayed a brown liquid from the steam holes, after it had heated up. It stained the ironing board cover, but--luckily--my husband hadn't set his shirt down yet. We called the front desk, and they promptly apologized and replaced the iron. Problem solved.

I would certainly recommend this hotel and stay there again, if the opportunity presented itself. If you like to stay at Residence Inns, this one will not disappoint.

Room Tip: If you're able, choose a room as far away from the highway as possible. Also, the hotel is a ser...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My family and I stayed at the Residence Inn Milpitas starting on June 20 through June 23. The hotel has large suites with kitchen appliances, dishes, glasses, etc. We are a large group (6 adults, a set of twin boys, and a 3.5 year old boy) and while we like going out to dinner, it sometimes is much more fun to cook out. We were pleased to find out that the hotel had a large gas grill which we used on both Thursday night and Saturday night. We wanted to eat outside by the grill and fire pit, but dragging all the plates and glasses and forks up and down was getting old quick. So, I asked Lance at the front desk if we could just put our plates in the kitchen. He said it was no problem and even wrote down our room numbers in order to make sure we wouldn't get in trouble for bringing all of our stuff downstairs and leaving it in the kitchen. Lance was super nice to us our entire stay. Awesome employee!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Residence Inn Milpitas. Check-in was a breeze. We had room with king bed with sofa bed...both was very comfortable. The room was very large. Staffs was very friendly and helpful. Good selection of items for breakfast (cereal, waffles, eggs, sausages, bread, muffins, rice, and more). Good size kitchen with everything you will need, even had a dishwasher. There's a computer you could use in the lobby and printing was free. Also have a free safe to store your valuables at the front desk. Location was excellent, right off the freeway. Would definitely stay here again. A+!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here for a soccer tournament, and it was one of our team's favorite hotels. Comfortable beds, clean and spacious rooms, wonderful hot breakfast, and many other conveniences like work out room and laundry. The two bedroom suite had a queen bed in one room, a king bed in another room, and a fold out couch. It also included two bedrooms. Perfect for a large number of people.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My husband stayed here because he was taking his CCIE lab exam. I contacted the manager to see about doing something special for him to wish him good luck. I gave Dora, the manager, the background story and after several back and forth emails, she went ahead and provided a gift basket with goodies to my husband free of charge just because he had already done so much to prepare for this test. I was in awe of their way to deliver above and beyond to help their guests feel right at home. She was not obligated in any way to do any of this, but she and her staff felt the need to go above and beyond of what was expected because they take pride in what they do. I highly recommend this hotel. My husband has stayed at this hotel at least 4 times in the past and he has reported that every single time he has stayed the customer service has been exceptional!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I was in town attending a conference at the Santa Clara Convention Center and decided to bring my family with me. I was able to get a two bedroom suite here for less than a standard room at the hotels much closer to the CC. The checkin staff gave me a choice of rooms providing the pros and cons of each the three rooms. I can't remember the last time I was given that kind of customer service. I can see how it might add time to people's check-ins if they are indecisive. I appreciated it.

The rooms are cookie cutter Residence Inn, but that's what I expected. Plenty of space, each kid in their own space. So nice!!

The Internet is fast and wired is provided in the room. This seems old school, but with 3 kids and 2 adults, that equated to 10 different phones, tablets, and computers for work and homework. I carry an Apple Airport Extreme with me, and with wired I plug that in and instantly everyone has wireless and no one is asking for help connecting their devices.

The hot breakfast in the morning was great, varying each day. The evening appetizers were ok. I was happy to see a soda fountain in the lounge, it's nice not having to ask for soda (as a non coffee drinker).

We had problems with two of the in-room TV's and when I brought that to the attention of the front desk, they informed the manager and he went out of his way to make up for the problem.

If you are in the area for work or pleasure (Great America), this hotel is a great alternative to the San Jose or Sunnyvale properties. It's more modern, and the staff is the epitome of Marriott Customer Service.

Room Tip: As a lifetime Marriott Platinum I strongly recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family