“Exactly what you should expect from a Crowne Plaza”

Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Newport, United Kingdom
“Exactly what you should expect from a Crowne Plaza”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

After a few weeks in a Holiday Inn Express (you soon get bored of cinnamon rolls for breakfast) it was time for a little more luxury – hence the move to the Crowne Plaza.
All the staff here are very friendly & fully competent at their jobs, they really treat you well here.
My room (a corner suite on the 10th floor) was spacious, well equipped and perfectly clean. The only negative point was the constant drone of the buildings extract / air conditioning fans – but at least they give you ear-plugs in the little pack of stuff that is in the room.

Would I stay here again for my next trip to the area – Definitely!

Room Tip: If you are a Holiday Inn Priority club member (higher levels) you have a very good chance of an upgr...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank EtchGuy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The hotel is convenient to our offices in Sunnyvale, only about a 10 min drive. Love the Asian mall with lots of restaurants right across the street. Short drive to Great Mall if you need a shopping fix.

It is a typical older Crowne Plaza, rooms and beds are comfortable, clean and the staff is friendly. Small, but nice fitness center with a view on the 3rd Floor. Only complaint would be that breakfast is quite expensive, they do have coffeemakers in the room (bring your own tea bags, there are none). There is a Walmart and a Starbucks right across the freeway.

I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: There are some
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
CrownePlazaMilpitas, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
Dear regsegal,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind comments! It is always a great experience to welcome back frequent guests and please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of assistance.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have stay at many hotel on business about 200 night per years. I have to admit that this is one the best hotel I have ever stay at. They have a very friendly front desk person. Miss Kham Lee, was very professional and very friendly. Every times i walked into the hotel she would have the most beautiful welcoming smile.

She had help me by moving me from a smoking room into a non-smoking room due too my poor asthma. And the miscommunication between the reservation and the hotel. She was just wonderful...Great Job Miss Kham Lee.

Again, Thank you very much. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone!

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 25 July 2011

When I got there, I was greeted by a gal named Kham Lee. She had a big smile on her face. She turned out to be joyful, helpful, and a joking in a good way type of person. It is that type of service I want to see and go back to when traveling. She really made my trip enjoyable. I just wish she could be recognized for it. My name is Steve Letterly. I was there from the 17th of July to the 22nd of July. I was there for a week long class. I work for the Postal Service and do have some say where people stay when traveling at my facility. I will most definitely recommend they choose this hotel again.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed 17 July 2011

As usual, my stay at the Crowne Plaza was perfect. The staff does everything they can to make your stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. The restaurant offers a morning buffet which is a great start for your day. You can be in and out very quickly, or enjoy a leisurely breakfast. Wifi is very good. Beds and pillows are fantastic. Rooms are clean and quiet. I recommend the mini-suite in the quiet zone. They catered a business dinner and it was excellent. I would like to thank all the staff that made my stay exceptional! They have a beautiful pool, a nice exercise room, and washers & dryers. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
CrownePlazaMilpitas, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 24 July 2011
Dear flsurfer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. It is always a pleasure to welcome back our frequent guests! I will be happy to share your comments with our associates and thank you once again.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Hotel is understaffed and you feel it during peak hours.
Rooms are dated, walls as thin as paper. They seem to have a lot of Asian tour groups coming through. So the focus around business clientele may have shifted.
Bathrooms are old and dated.

When I was there, I heard a car alarm, only to discover that someone had broken into a guest car during the day!

The only upside were the bar staff during the evenings. Friendly folks.

In my opinion I would rather stay at the Crown Plaza in Palo Alto.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nigeldiver
CrownePlazaMilpitas, Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 17 July 2011
Dear nigeldiver,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We greatly value your feedback and I will share your comments with our management team.

I am sorry that your experience here was not satisfactory but thank you for recognizing the friendly bar staff.

If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask for me.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Room was ince.
Meal service at breakfast and bar service was nice.
Shuttle to and from airport was appreciated.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!