“Will stay here again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Zagreb, Croatia
“Will stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

A very nice place.
The design is modern but warm and inviting and the service is impeccable.
The breakfast was very rich, with an abundance of fresh fruit.
Some of the floors were undergoing a renovation, yet this wasn't felt at all - no noise, dust or any other inconvenience.
The only problem I had was the automatic setting of the air-conditioner, which kept cooling the room during the night, so by the morning the room was almost freezing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Greetings Tripadvisor Member,

Thanks for leaving us a review about your stay at our hotel. We're happy that you found the hotel inviting and that our service was top notch. Breakfast is an important meal in the day and we pride ourself in offering only the best. We're sorry that you experienced some issues with the AC unit and will definitely note this issue. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks again.

Asst. Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in a very nice and quiet neighborhood. The reception desk was helpful and kind and also the restaurant's waitresses. The accommodations were comfortable. My room was big enough, a good flat tv, a big bed and a very nice view. The bathroom was clean with all the usual amenities. Something new was a relax mini pack with cream, gel and a spray lotion. The fitness room was fine with five cardio machines.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Greetings Patiperrochile,

Thanks for choosing Crowne Plaza Hotel Milpitas on your most recent trip to Silicon Valley area. Thanks for taking the time to also leave us a review and were happy that you found our hotel accommodations comfortable and relaxing. I'll be sure to give kudos to the front desk and restaurant staff.

Thanks again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milpitas and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers,

Asst.Guest Service Manager
Clearwater, Florida USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

This was my first stay at a Crowne Plaza property, and it won't be my last. At first glance, the building appears to be older, but it has been nicely updated inside. A Friendly greeting and a bottle of water at the front desk when I arrived was a great start. My room was spotless and pleasant. The bed was firm and comfy. I had a billing issue that was promptly addressed, and followed by a call from the manager making sure everything was taken care of. Turn down service was a pleasant surprise. I didn't try the restaurant this stay, but the food smelled amazing so I will give it a try when I'm back in town in a few weeks. Location is convenient for just about any firm in Silicon Valley. I recommend this Crowne Plaza property to everyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Hi Drumrileyscalhoun,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thanks for also choosing the Crowne Plaza Milpitas on your most recent trip to the Silicon Valley area. We're happy that you enjoyed the friendly customers service and our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Regards,

Asst. Guest Service Manager
bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have stayed there on a business visit for 10 weeks and I would say the place is good. It is convinently located ( close to all offices). Room service is good and the breakfast is excellent ( they have a varied variety of food)

The only problem I faced was on internet. They should work on it ; internet troubled me a lot.

Room Tip: chose on the left wing , you get a good view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Greeting Loyal Customer,

I would like to personally thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Milpitas hotel. Were glad that you found the location convenient and our room service and breakfast options of a high quality.In regards to our internet option i would love to hear from you to get more details. Please feel free to contact me at lamart.mcintosh@ihg.com or 408-321-3500. Thanks again for your review.

Cheers,
Asst: Guest Service Manager
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

It's a long way to get the transfer to the mountainview. There is a train station by at least 20 minutes by walk.
The west side of the hotel is a large restaurant zone. very good place for different choice for eating.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Hi Wei H,

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location near Milpitas Square's many restaurants. In regards to the train station, in lieu of walking, we do have a shuttle service available for our guests within a five mile radius of the hotel, which can be set up with the front desk. Again, thanks for your comments!

Kind regards,
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

It's comfortable but the noise isolation is not so good. Noise from the next room and hallway did bother me. I could hear phone ringing in the next room and others' talking on the hallway. This issue is the most important to me and also to most people I guess.

The room is large, as well as the rest room. The bed is large too and comfortable/soft enough. There is free WiFi in the hotel, but the single is weak in some places in the room. For my case, I might need to stay in the rest room or go downstairs to the lobby if I would like to upload photos to the internet.

If you want to drink hot water, you need to go to the 1st floor to get it because there is no electric boiler in the room. This is not that convenient for people especially when you visit here in Autumn or Winter. This is to be improved.

Although it's not located in downtown, many stores are around including a Chinese supermarket, a Walmart, and many Chinese/American style restaurant. You can reach them by driving for few minutes.
There's a little swimming pool on the 2nd or 3rd floor. I didn't use it because the weather is improper hence I have no comment.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Hi RedearthPeng,

Thank you for your review. Your comments are much appreciate and will be most helpful as we continuously improve our service and hotel for our guests. If you have anything additional to share regarding your stay, please feel free to reach out to our Guest Services Manager, Sarah Huang, at sarah.huang@ihg.com or (408) 321-9500 x 2208. Again, thank you for your comments!

Kind regards,
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is good in location, fine in facilities. But I have two unhappy experiences with the front desk.

1. when checked in, I showed up the confirmation email with two names on it, but the front desk said they can't find my name, only can pull out the first guy's name. It took them more than 15 minutes to find out what happened

2. I forgot my sonic dimond toothbrush in the bathroom, when I arrived home, I called them and ask them whether they found it or not. After 7 calls, they said they did have it. Then I said I will stay in this hotel two weeks later and ask them to hold it for me, they said they have to charge me $5 storage fee or ask my friends to pick it up for me ASAP. That's just radiculous, I never heard of any hotel like this!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear dragonboy011,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you did not have pleasant interactions with our front desk. We would like to get more details regarding your stay so that we can improve our service. Please feel free to contact our Guest Services Manager, Sarah Huang, at the hotel or by e-mail at sarah.huang@ihg.com or 408-321-9500 x 2208. We would appreciate any additional details you would like to share. Thanks again for your review!

Regards,