“Nice hotel, close to many Silicon Valley companies”

Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 13 April 2014

When I first realised I was staying at this hotel I was disappointed. It doesn't look much from the outside, however I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious and clean, the bed comfortable and the bedside treats for weary travelers were a lovely touch. There's a small pool and deck, and a guest laundry. The bar's quite nice. The staff were incredibly helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Greetings Liz G,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your most recent trip to the Silicon Valley area. We're delighted to hear that our hotel met you're expectations.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Thanks again,

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Staying here for the second time. Rooms have been renovated and look nice, bed comfortable, quiet except from little street noise which is hardly noticeable. Restaurant has good food at reasonable prices and great service. Thank you Lupe!
This hotel also has plenty of parking space which is free.

On the negative side, the toilet paper holder in my bathroom was not mounted (?!?), no Kleenex and there´s no real closet, just a corner with a curtain which looks cheap and spoils the overall impression of the room. There´s also no in-room safe.
Aircon/heater system is kind of strange and noisy: To heat it blows very hot air into the room until it decides that the room is at temperature. After the room cooled down, the circle starts again... no middle term like just warm air with low fan speed/noise.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Greetings Jet_Lagged_Man,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and the level of service provided. I will definitely pass on Kudos to Lupe.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues which caused some inconvenience during your stay. I would love to hear more about these issues. Please feel free to contact me directly via the info provided bellow.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

On the heart of silicone valley, the Crowne Plaza is a very comfortable hotel, with nice rooms and a good service.
The shuttle from the hotel to the surrounding companies is a fantastic complementary service, that allows a easy way of transportation.
All the staff is very helpful.
Recommended for you business trip.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Greetings CA_GSXR,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about you're most recent stay at our hotel here in Milpitas.We're extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our level of service matched your expectations.

Again we just wanted to say thanks and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here for three nights on business travel and had a pleasant experience. The smart young Asian lady (Ardi?) at the counter was professional and gave me a warm welcome with all the details I needed to know for my stay. I give high marks to this place for cleanliness, comfortable beds and spacious bright rooms. I got a room on a high floor with a nice view to the Silicon Valley. The floor was quiet and I could work in peace. Wi-fi was quite good and I had no issues even watching Netflix.

Breakfast was delicious and the service staff was fantastic! Kudos to the chef for making some delicious fare and changing up the menu every other day. Many hot choices, including scrambled eggs one day and yummy huevos rancheros another day.

I would have given this hotel a five stars for everything I said and its perfect location off the highway but I really struggled to find a decent parking spot in the evenings. Even if I did, this parking lot is packed so tight, sometimes it is hard to fit in a full-size vehicle in the narrow parking lanes. This is a real problem .. the last thing I want to experience after coming back from a long day at work is to go circles in a parking lot at my traveler's home. Not sure what the management can do to address this issue, but clearly there appear to be more cars than guests in this lot!!

Overall I highly recommend this place ... great value for money in an area where everything seems overpriced.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Geetings Frantix,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us on you're most recent trip to the Silicon Valley area. We know that you have many options and choosing us makes us feel special. It is with that in mind that we ensure you and all our customers feel special too. I will definitely pass on kudos to Arcy at the front desk and the chef for ensuring you're stay was memorable.

In regards to parking we will definitely take note of the concerns.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I wish we can stay longer, it's just 2 nights but I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel and the surrounding attractions in San Jose, Bay Area and of course San Francisco were really fantastic! Staying in this hotel as part of our San Francisco tour is really a good choice, room is very clean and bed is comfy. I will recommend this to any friend who's planning to visit the area..

• Stayed: January 2014
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Greetings Tripadvisor Member,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your most recent trip to the Silicon Valley Area. We're happy that you enjoyed your time here with us.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Cheers,

Asst. Guest service Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2014

A very nice place.
The design is modern but warm and inviting and the service is impeccable.
The breakfast was very rich, with an abundance of fresh fruit.
Some of the floors were undergoing a renovation, yet this wasn't felt at all - no noise, dust or any other inconvenience.
The only problem I had was the automatic setting of the air-conditioner, which kept cooling the room during the night, so by the morning the room was almost freezing.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Greetings Tripadvisor Member,

Thanks for leaving us a review about your stay at our hotel. We're happy that you found the hotel inviting and that our service was top notch. Breakfast is an important meal in the day and we pride ourself in offering only the best. We're sorry that you experienced some issues with the AC unit and will definitely note this issue. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel is located in a very nice and quiet neighborhood. The reception desk was helpful and kind and also the restaurant's waitresses. The accommodations were comfortable. My room was big enough, a good flat tv, a big bed and a very nice view. The bathroom was clean with all the usual amenities. Something new was a relax mini pack with cream, gel and a spray lotion. The fitness room was fine with five cardio machines.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Greetings Patiperrochile,

Thanks for choosing Crowne Plaza Hotel Milpitas on your most recent trip to Silicon Valley area. Thanks for taking the time to also leave us a review and were happy that you found our hotel accommodations comfortable and relaxing. I'll be sure to give kudos to the front desk and restaurant staff.

Thanks again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milpitas and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers,

Asst.Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!