“Decent stay but a boring area”

Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Burlington, Vermont
“Decent stay but a boring area”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel was ok. Clean, neat, and staff was nice. But the location is terrible, it's near nothing to do, so you have to have a car there. It was close to the highway so we were able to drive to San Jose or MIlpitas easily. I wish they had a bigger gift shop/store with basic advil or any medication for someone who might be sick.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Greetings SVS85,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a four star review about your most recent trip to the Silicon Valley Area.

I'm sorry to hear that you found the location of our property a little isolated, however I noticed you were able to drive into San Jose. In regards to the medicinal items, we do have a variety of items available in our gift shop.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Asst: Guest Service Manager
Crowne Plaza Milpitas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Smithfield
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This Crowne Plaza Hotel was in a convenient location. We found the staff friendly, the rooms clean and nicely appointed. I would have liked to have seen a second chair in the room, but not having one was not a real disadvantage. We enjoyed our stay during this cross country trip and would recommend the hotel for other travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Greetings RhondaP2,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about you're most recent stay at our property.

With so many options for business and personal travel i'm happy to hear that we were able to provide the comfort you were looking for in a hotel stay.

We'll look forward to hosting you again soon.

Thanks again,

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 April 2014

When I first realised I was staying at this hotel I was disappointed. It doesn't look much from the outside, however I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious and clean, the bed comfortable and the bedside treats for weary travelers were a lovely touch. There's a small pool and deck, and a guest laundry. The bar's quite nice. The staff were incredibly helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Greetings Liz G,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your most recent trip to the Silicon Valley area. We're delighted to hear that our hotel met you're expectations.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Thanks again,

Spain
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Staying here for the second time. Rooms have been renovated and look nice, bed comfortable, quiet except from little street noise which is hardly noticeable. Restaurant has good food at reasonable prices and great service. Thank you Lupe!
This hotel also has plenty of parking space which is free.

On the negative side, the toilet paper holder in my bathroom was not mounted (?!?), no Kleenex and there´s no real closet, just a corner with a curtain which looks cheap and spoils the overall impression of the room. There´s also no in-room safe.
Aircon/heater system is kind of strange and noisy: To heat it blows very hot air into the room until it decides that the room is at temperature. After the room cooled down, the circle starts again... no middle term like just warm air with low fan speed/noise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Greetings Jet_Lagged_Man,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and the level of service provided. I will definitely pass on Kudos to Lupe.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues which caused some inconvenience during your stay. I would love to hear more about these issues. Please feel free to contact me directly via the info provided bellow.

Sintra, Portugal
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

On the heart of silicone valley, the Crowne Plaza is a very comfortable hotel, with nice rooms and a good service.
The shuttle from the hotel to the surrounding companies is a fantastic complementary service, that allows a easy way of transportation.
All the staff is very helpful.
Recommended for you business trip.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Greetings CA_GSXR,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about you're most recent stay at our hotel here in Milpitas.We're extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our level of service matched your expectations.

Again we just wanted to say thanks and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here for three nights on business travel and had a pleasant experience. The smart young Asian lady (Ardi?) at the counter was professional and gave me a warm welcome with all the details I needed to know for my stay. I give high marks to this place for cleanliness, comfortable beds and spacious bright rooms. I got a room on a high floor with a nice view to the Silicon Valley. The floor was quiet and I could work in peace. Wi-fi was quite good and I had no issues even watching Netflix.

Breakfast was delicious and the service staff was fantastic! Kudos to the chef for making some delicious fare and changing up the menu every other day. Many hot choices, including scrambled eggs one day and yummy huevos rancheros another day.

I would have given this hotel a five stars for everything I said and its perfect location off the highway but I really struggled to find a decent parking spot in the evenings. Even if I did, this parking lot is packed so tight, sometimes it is hard to fit in a full-size vehicle in the narrow parking lanes. This is a real problem .. the last thing I want to experience after coming back from a long day at work is to go circles in a parking lot at my traveler's home. Not sure what the management can do to address this issue, but clearly there appear to be more cars than guests in this lot!!

Overall I highly recommend this place ... great value for money in an area where everything seems overpriced.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Geetings Frantix,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us on you're most recent trip to the Silicon Valley area. We know that you have many options and choosing us makes us feel special. It is with that in mind that we ensure you and all our customers feel special too. I will definitely pass on kudos to Arcy at the front desk and the chef for ensuring you're stay was memorable.

In regards to parking we will definitely take note of the concerns.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I wish we can stay longer, it's just 2 nights but I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel and the surrounding attractions in San Jose, Bay Area and of course San Francisco were really fantastic! Staying in this hotel as part of our San Francisco tour is really a good choice, room is very clean and bed is comfy. I will recommend this to any friend who's planning to visit the area..

• Stayed January 2014
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Greetings Tripadvisor Member,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your most recent trip to the Silicon Valley Area. We're happy that you enjoyed your time here with us.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Cheers,