“Wedding Block Success!”

Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We shopped around for a hotel for a 20-room wedding block across the Fremont / Milpitas area. We finally went with Crowne Plaza because of its great location near the Chinese Ranch 99 plaza and In-N-Out. We negotiated around and their price beat the equivalent competition including the suite hotels and they had no attrition. They even threw in a complementary mini-suite upgrade for the wedding couple.

Deanna, my main point of contact, worked with me constantly from contract, to checking up on me on the guests when the deadline was coming up and to final bill.

We also had a unique scenario in which we wanted to "surprise" our guests with comped rooms as a thank you for coming to our wedding from afar. Deanna and the manager worked to make that happen. Plus some of our guests got complementary upgrades to the mini-suite too, which was really nice!

Also, the front desk was so patient with our crazy Chinese guests when they:
1) tried to put rooms next to each other and then change their minds, and then change it again
2) checked in day late or checked out early
3) When the memo about the comp'ed room didn't get out to some guests, they had to deal with "angry" guests who were surprised.

And when the invoice finally came, Deanna did such a good job, even with #2, that the cost was properly reflected. She worked with me when my calculations didn't match hers and was patient to explain to me why my calculation was wrong.

As a notice, the pool was under construction. But since the wedding and eating at 99 plaza kept everyone busy, nobody noticed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Greetings Jeff C,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza San Jose Silicon Valley.

It was our pleasure hosting your wedding party and we had as much fun as your group did. I will definitely pass on kudos to Deanna and the Front Desk Team for ensuring that everything was up to standard.

We want to thank you again for choosing us and we look forward to hosting you again soon for any events you may have in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Firstly this location of this hotel is great for people who work in the IT industry. All the big companies are nearby and the hotel offers a great shuttle bus service to anywhere within a 5 mile radius. This is a great little touch from the hotel. Also Mad Max, the driver is a great guy.

The majority, and I stress majority (there are 2 decent ones) of the reception staff are near to useless. They just stare at you with a blank look on thier faces or giggle of they don't know something or what they need to do.

Being an IHG Platinum Ambassador I should have been entitled to an automatic upgrade though when I asked the reception staff looked at me blankly.

The breakfast is pretty terrible. Choices are limited. The cooked options are pretty awful, the bacon is inedible, it's rock hard.

The food in the restaurant/bar area is good enough, in fact there are a few dishes whcih are very nice.

But what's with the barman and his stinking attitude??? Short, chubby guy with slick back hair. First he disagrees with everything people say, he's rude as hell to customers and finally.... why the hell do you never get any change from him??? He automatically assumes that you are tipping him regardless of the amount? It could be $1, $2, $5, $7 $12, $14 you never ever get any change from him. I'm happy to tip people for service and always too but this little reptile leaves you no choice or a decision to make on the amount. Tipping is optional my man and you're not particularly worth tipping.

The showers are OK. They could be improved a lot but they are functional and you always get hot water.

The beds are massive. The rooms are well equipped with massive big TV's

Overall it's a decent hotel let down by a couple of bad staff who I'd personally remove.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings Bennkers,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley. We truly appreciate your time.

I want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences suffered during your stay. We pride ourselves on ensuring each guest is treated like royalty and on this occasion we seem to have fell short.

I would love to hear more about the issues expressed. Please feel free to contact me directly via my info provided below.

Assistant Guest service Manager
Email: lamart.mcintosh@ihg.com
Phone: 409-321-9500

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed for a week on business. Rooms are beautiful. Restaurant food was very good but limited in selections. The beds are extremely hard. The response I recieved when asking about them is that the Asian community likes hard beds. Not good for me. They brought a king size down comforter to my room which I folded and laid on. That allowed me to sleep .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Greetings Christine K,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your most recent trip to the Silicon Valley area.

We truly appreciate your business and feedback as this is the only way we are going to get better at serving you and our other clients.

I would love to hear a little more about the issue you mentioned. Please feel free to contact me directly via the info provided below.

Thanks again for your review.

Email: lamart.mcintosh@ihg.com

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Yes, Room is excellent, location is best for business.
But, I will never stay the Hotel ever.
When I lost a credit card, hotel staff did not try to find, just was laughing.
What is the role of the hotel, they do not understand at all. It is decorated on the front door, the trophy award, does not mean anything.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank きなぽんぱぱ

Greetings Yokohama-Shi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your most recent stay.

We're sorry to learn about the issues you experienced during your stay. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We pride ourselve's on providing the highest level of service to all customers during their stay with us.

I would love to hear more from you about this issue. Please feel free to contact me via the info provided below.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Was reluctant to book, because I wanted to be closer to downtown. Pleasantly surprised. The staff throughout was courteous and welcoming. Food in the restaurant was delicious too!!! Room is clean and spacious. Toiletries are if top quality. They even have a robe to use.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello 1 Sassyflygirl,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your most recent stay.

We're happy to hear that we were able to meet/ exceed your expectations.

We hope to see you again soom.

Asst. Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here for business for 4 nights. This place was exactly like I wanted. A large room (I took an executive room), nice bathroom, good shower, coffee machine (no fridge), quiet place, free parking, working AC (it was hot outside). The breakfast was enough (not too much choice, but enough). I would certainly recommend this hotel and found it very convenient for my meetings too. And for those who want to do a spot of shopping, the Great Mall (outlets) was a 9 minute drive away).

Room Tip: Executive rooms are perfect (I think 11th and 12th floor only).
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Greetings Ihabelghazzawi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about your most recent stay in the Silicon Valley area.

We're happy to hear that our hotel provided exactly what you were looking for. We hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was there last week for a business trip and stayed for 5 nights, and as a business hotel it is acceptable but definitely not a touristic one.
The rooms are clean, internet is average, the pool was closed for renovation so couldn't benefit from it.
The gym is small, in the morning we had to wait for each other to take roles on the treadmills.
Breakfast buffet is poor and is not fit for healthy people, the rate varies from one morning to another.
The location is perfect and almost near to everything: the outlet mall, the big IT players even to the far east market where you can find different types of restaurants.
The staff is really friendly, but upon checking out the lady on the reception gave me the invoice of another person, once i realized that i was already on my way to the airport.
The bar is good and always busy at night,
The thing i liked the most there, is the free shuttle which can take you anywhere anytime within 5 miles radius (if i am not mistaken).
also they do have the hertz car renting office, so it is easy to rent a car and returned back to the same location.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for people coming on a short business trip.

Cheers,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaSJSV, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Greetings RolandEid,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review about your most recent stay in the Silicon Valley Area.

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the most part but do undestand that there were some things that left a bit to be desired. Please rest assured that we have noted these concerns.

Thanks again for your review as this will only help us to get better.

Assistant Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
Hampton Inn Milpitas
#1 of 20 in Milpitas
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!