“Worst hotel and a health hazard!”

Days Inn San Jose Milpitas
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
“Worst hotel and a health hazard!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I travel sometimes 3 days a week for business and my company pays and I expect at least a safe and clean room. I arrived here and was immediately welcomed by bums out front of the hotel which forced me to stay in my car until I felt safe. It stank inside, the staff was not friendly, I was not given any information about parking, breakfast, or the Wifi. I almost left right then to find my own hotel but knew everything was sold out so I reluctantly headed towards where I think my room is. I run right into about 15 young men drinking (cans literally on the ground) , smoking, loud, and sitting on the curbs and in the stairwell that I was trying to make up as there is no elevator. Their doors were all open and smoke and stench was everywhere! I walked into my room and it was completely smoke filled with the worst stench ever! This is so NOT OK as I am very allergic and felt sick right away. They still have hotels with smoking rooms? Really? And then to I see the broken down room with the phone, tv, clock, hair dryer ALL broken. Then the absolute worst thing ever... there was BLOOD ON THE BEDSPREAD and the SHEETS !!! The front desk lady was put out when I called to see if there was another room (of course not) and if not, could I at least get some new linens. She hesitated and said "let me see if there are any." She made me walk back to the lobby ( through all that again) to get these. I then asked her why I was placed in a smoking room and her response was "the smoking rooms are mixed in with the non smoking rooms and I really have no idea which ones are not smoking rooms" then said "I just work here and can't fix anything." If it had not been late I would have driven home 2 1/2 hours home to come back in the morning to work again. Do not stay here for your own health and safety. I emailed the company and will report them to the health department for the blood and smoke.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for an "inside the interior of the hotel" suite. Not on the per...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisa L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
BEST WESTERN PLUS Brookside Inn
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Alura Inn
Alura Inn
#29 of 75 in San Jose
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley

Been to Days Inn San Jose Milpitas? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn San Jose Milpitas

Property: Days Inn San Jose Milpitas
Address: 270 S Abbott Ave, Milpitas, CA 95035-5252
Region: United States > California > Milpitas
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn San Jose Milpitas 2*
Newly renovated rooms in April, 2016. New 40 inch flat screen TV's and Dish Network added. A business center has also been added. All rooms have microwave, refrigerator, coffee pots, hairdryers and irons and iron boards. Newly renovated rooms have high back headboards and luggage benches. Deluxe King Rooms have a full size sofa sleeper, Desks and chair and full length mirrors. Double rooms have an activity table and chairs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn San Jose Milpitas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Milpitas Hotel Milpitas