“If Your Looking to Hook Up with a Prostitute”

Days Inn San Jose Milpitas
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Sf Bay Area
“If Your Looking to Hook Up with a Prostitute”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

I recently stayed at the Days Inn for business due to the cheap internet price. But, once I arrived I had to haggle with the front desk about my confirmation number. Finally after threatening to go else where and raising my voice about the BS going on, they gave me the internet price that i had a confirmation on.
BUT WAIT, It gets better I was walking from my room and this very young girl propostioned me. I asked her how old she was and she stated 18. I was shocked. I went to the lobby and no one was around to tell. I then came back from dinner and a different young lady approached me to have sex. I finally said whats going on here, are you with the other girl. This young lady then proceeded to tell me that alot of the Craigslist girls stay at this hotel.
I am thinking great, protitiutes and Guido the Killer Pimp is walking around. I checked out of the slum Days Inn the next morning and told the clerk, they didn't blink an eye.
Last time I am ever staying at a Days Inn no matter what the price is.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
26 Thank 1BaD69Z28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

I booked a room at the Milpitas Days Inn for December 4, 2008 and received confirmation by e-mail. I arrived at the Hotel at 5:00 pm and the lobby was clean and pleasant. I was the only customer in the lobby and the parking lot was empty. The staff could not find our reservation. I gave them our reservation number, and they said it was the wrong number. I opened my laptop in the lobby where there was wireless internet service, and showed the front desk person the e-mail with the reservation confirmation number. It was the same number. The hotel had a very good price for the room that I reserved, and even with the confirmation in writing, they refused to give me a room for that price. I called the 800 number for the hotel from my cell phone and the customer service person from the Days Inn said it was an invalid confirmation number. I asked to speak to the manager but was told he was not in. I then asked whether they had any rooms available and they said yes. I told them I had a service dog with me (as explained on the reservation) and they said I had to pay $50 more for the room because I had a pet. I explained that my service dog was not a pet, and showed them the documentation. They refused to rent me a room.
A few weeks later, there was a $74.79 charge on my credit card for my stay at the Days Inn! I called customer service again and they said they would look into it, but It would take 3 weeks to get a response. About four weeks later I received a form letter in the mail stating "We certainly do regret anything that may have caused you to contact our office. Please accept our apologies. You will be receiving compensation for your inconvenience." The next week, I received a check for the amount charged on my credit card.
I called customer service again, because I wanted my credit card
charge reversed instead of the check, because I incurred finance charges on the unpaid amount. They said they never reversed credit card charges, and the representative hung up on me. They only compensated me for the amount erroneously charged on my credit card. That was not compensation for my inconvenience. The whole encounter with Days Inn was frustrating and embarrassing because I was with a friend and the person at the front desk made me feel stupid and incompetent.
Days Inn pulled a bait and switch on their internet pricing and reservation, and tried to get me to rent a room for $124.00 a night instead of their internet special of $74.00 a night. I also was discriminated against because they refused to rent me a room with a service animal. My service dog was clean and extremely well behaved, but they did not know that because it was in the car while I tried to check into the hotel. I will not patronize Days Inn in the future.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — They refused to honor our reservation with the good price
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank californiaphyllis

Travellers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2008

Stayed at this hotel for one night. There are many hotels in the area and we decided to give this one a try. Front desk lady was friendly and offered a AAA rate of 89,- USD incl. breakfast. The room was ok, a little on the older side but still nice with a very small bathroom incl. bathtub/shower & toilet, fridge & microwave, TV, ie the usual. Right across is a Walgreens you can walk to and the area also has a few restaurants close by.
The pool area looked quite nice for a Days Inn - with palm trees! Didn't have time to use it though.
Continental breakfast was ok: the usual toast, cereal, oatmeal, some fruit & juice. Overall the stay was pleasant - biggest plus being the rate we got.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank rawaspecial
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2008

I usually stay at this hotel when in the area. It's clean and relatively quiet. What I like most about it is the refrig & micro, and convenience, Once you park (free parking), you really don't need a car to go eat as there are quite a few restaurants in walking distance. There is also a Walgreens (kind of a convenience store) right next door for any incidentals you may have forgotten. It's also convenient to the freeway...easy off and easy on.

The people at the front desk are friendly and helpful. All in all, a good deal for the price.

• Liked — convenience; cleanliness; micro & refrig.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Janice L
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2008

This hotel isn't fancy, but the room was spotless (better than several expensive hotels I've stayed at) and the bed was comfortable. Particular pluses: free in-room internet access; a decent continental breakfast (paper plates and plastic utensils, but I got my orange juice, toasted bagel, Cheerios, and banana with no trouble); and coin-op laundry machines for guests, which I needed on this trip.

They don't have a fitness center, but they offer passes to a nearby gym. I chose to go jogging in the foothills in nearby Ed Levin park instead, which was way better than a treadmill.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank ZoomerB
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2006

we stay at this hotel room is very nice such a nice breakfast just try this hotel one time you love this place.

• Liked — cleanness
  • Tips/Secrets — best place to stay for everyone
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
BEST WESTERN PLUS Brookside Inn
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Alura Inn
Alura Inn
#29 of 75 in San Jose
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley

Been to Days Inn San Jose Milpitas? Share your experiences!