“Nice one...”

Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Though it was the first trip to US, it remained a memorable one. One of the reason for the same is a comfortable stay at this hotel. The main attraction is its proximity to major IT companies, restaurants and shopping malls. The staff was quite helpful and pleasant enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Great!!! Another great review. Thank you so much. I am so happy to hear your first time in the US and you were so pleased with our service here in little small town Milpitas at the Hilton Garden Inn. It helps to have a nice newly renovated hotel and to have great support like you. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I spent one night here on business. Everybody from the front desk clerk to the team in the restaurant in the morning were friendly and helpful. The hotel is nicely maintained. The only down side was that the rooms were a bit noisey, I could hear the the guy in the room next to me yelling at somebody on the phone! On the up side, my room was on the side near the freeway and I did not notice noise from the cars. Maybe the guy in the room next to me was just really loud. This hotel is convienet to a lot of restaurants and a Wal Mart.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thanks again for the great support for Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas!!! Great feedback for our team!!!! Noise is something that will be addressed, I understand that is something that can be bad, but thanks again for your support of our hotel and we hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

This hotel was fine. Nothing Special. Nothing Terrible. I'd stay again. I wouldn't go out of my way to do so. Workout room was pathetic but clean. Staff was pleasant enough. BAsic Garden INn experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you again for your quick response and concerns with our hotel. We really appreciate your support and your feedback is important to us. I am glad you felt our team members are supportive and had made your trip. We just finishd our lobby rennovation and we are shooting to upgrade our rooms in the 4th quarter. Let us know when you are coming back so we can ensure you have a great stay. Thanks

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Had the opportunity to stay here for a few days last week while attending the local film festival in San Jose. Just about 10 miles outside of downtown San Jose the Hilton Garden Inn was the perfect choice. At check in the friendly front desk greets everyone with a smile and a prompt easy check in. The room was clean and spacious with all the basic amenities you need (also has an adjustable mattress which was a bonus). Housekeeping staff was friendly and I always came back to a fresh clean room. Great breakfast which is served until 10am (11am on weekends) with good service. Hotel has plenty of convenient parking too. All in all a wonderful stay--and I highly recommend checking it out. I'll be back!

Thanks,
Mark Castaldo

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Another good one!!! We are so excited to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We pride ourselves with our new renovation, our goal is to exceed your expectations. Thank you for the kind words and support for the hotel. We can not wait to see you again.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

What a wonderful hotel just a few minutes from the hustle and bustle of San Jose, staying at this hotel you feel serene just a few minutes away!

We were in town for the international CINEQUEST film festival in downtown San Jose, CA and found this gem of a hotel just 15 minutes from downtown -- it was nice to work in the city at the fest, then come out of the city to the hotel to rest! Very good ample parking even when returning to the hotel late at night after the business day.

Lovely, upbeat accommodating staff in all departments. Front desk especially kind and greeted us with a smile, and refreshing bottles of water for FREE (the good "F" word). The check-in was quick, efficient and seamless. Housekeeping is impeccable. The staff in the dining room are sweet and helpful and all meals are made fresh and the hot breakfast items were 'hot', not luke warm as you often get at hotels that rush the orders out of the kitchen.

Rooms are quiet and spacious with very good adjustable firm mattress dial, that makes bed very comfortable. Nice size compact refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker with distinguished Wolfgang Puck brand coffee! Also good basic amenities in the room included; iron and ironing board, blow dryer, shampoo/conditioner, moisturizer, shower cap, facial soap too! Nice boutique indoor gym for work outs and outdoor pool and Jacuzzi a great added value.

Great location walking distance to Bank of America, an In n' Out Burger, and a short drive or power walk down the road to a Wal-Mart amongst other nice restaurants and stores etc. Easy to come off the freeway and find the hotel, I highly recommend it for your stay!

Room Tip: To the right down from elevator facing freeway more private and very quiet -- the black out curtains...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Wow!!! Another fantastic stay. Thanks again for the great support for our hotel. We are so excited to see our guest happy with our renovation in our lobby and we are re-engergized to be hospitable for all of our guests. We hope you guys can come back again. Thank again.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed here for a night. Booked this hotel to get away from SJC area. The hotel was obviously undergoing renovations. I guess when done the area would look more presentable.

Pros:
Clean rooms and toilets.
Free wifi
Free water for HHonors guests ( water can be a privilege at pricey hotels ;-))
Great breakfast, which was cooked to order and friendly staff (Brian at front desk) and Sylvia at the breakfast room.

Cons:
A little botch up at reservations and they did not have our whirlpool room ready and clean
A dysfunctional thermostat but luckily the AC controls worked

Overall a good experience for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
bosaki, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thanks again for another great expereince at the Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas. I am glad you were able to have a great expereince with the exception with the AC and check in prcesses. That is something I will have to address. I will also make sure to to give kudos to Sylvia at breakfast and I am happy that I was able to help you out at the desk. Well, we want you back and I hope to see you soon here.
Thanks again for you support.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

My wife and I plan to have a quite weekend,and stay in a hotel. we got this hotel and check in at 3pm, the hotel desk told us all the rooms are booked, and there is only handicapped one available at the second floor. This is the nightmare start, the bed is not flat, and all the hotel vent and airconditioner right outside our windows, even we closed the windows, there is a big loud noise whole night. So we can't sleep and just wait to escape at the morning. What a quiet night we expected !!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Milpitas. We understand you have many options and we appreciate your business. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great stay. I want to understand how you feel and if you can contact the hotel and make sure we correct the errors. I hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks again and I am sure we will make it better next time.