“Great Friendly Staff”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Sydney, Australia
“Great Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks during a business trip and the staff were extremely helpful every step of the way. I would highly reccommend this hotel if you are required for work in the Milpitas area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel is right off the expressway and provides easy access to everything in the San Jose/Santa Clara area. Free parking and an awesome made to order breakfast. The staff is very helpful and the internet connection is good for road warriors.

Houston, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The staff was exceedingly helpful and friendly. The location was so convenient to my business and the airport. There are convenient restaurants, shopping, and Starbucks is right accross the street. I wish I had found this Hilton Garden earlier. Convenient to the highway and the Grand Mall.

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was very impressed with the hotel staff at this location. They were really dedicated to the objective of 100% guest satisfaction. I really enjoyed my stay. We actually took 3 rooms at the hotel. We had a great rate. The rooms were clean and orderly. There were nice perks like fruit infused water in the lobby, cookies in the evening, and multiple papers in the morning. The location was very good - close to the highway, next to a bank and an "In and Out" burger place. (Note: If you want to get back on 880 going South be sure to ask for directions. There is a bit of a trick). The only downside is the same in my mind for all Hilton Garden Inns and that is breakfast. Breakfast isn't included and tends to be pricey. At this location they do have an ala carte price which you need to ask about. My food was good as I only had oatmeal and an English muffin. My son reported that his omelette was king of bland. Not much more to report on the food quality.
Overall: I was impressed with the staff's desire to serve and overall feeling of the hotel

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lompoc, California
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hotel is nice and clean. Housekeeping staff were very friendly. It was also in a good location - close to restaurants and coffee shops; and right off the freeway. The only worst thing was our arrival and departure experience. We drove almost 5 hours and arrived at midnight, very tired. When we checked in, we were told by the front desk that we were one of the 5 unfortunate guests that were assigned a 1 king bed instead of the 2 beds room that we reserved. We were a family of 4 and a baby. Although disappointed, I tried to understand, as I am also a hotelier. Things happen but could've been prevented. Their explanation was that they had to upgrade Diamond members. I asked for a lot of a rollaway bed and a crib but they don't have any anymore. I asked for a lot of blankets so we can sleep on the floor but only got 2. We woke up with a sore back and the baby had to sleep uncomfortably. I asked to be moved the next day but it happened at almost 3pm because wasn't ready so our whole morning plans were all ruined because we had to wait to move all our stuff. At checkout, we didn't get an apology nor we were asked how our stay was. The front desk greeting was 'Did you get your receipt?' When I said 'yes' she said 'ok'. What I great farewell after all the inconvenience we have encountered.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GM_GMGolda
Ventura, California
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The room was clean and reasonably sized for the price. however, the bed was a bit worn. When I got up the indentations on both my husband's and my side where visible. Beds are not something a Hilton should be skimping on. the staff was friendly and professional. Our reservation did not include the breakfast, which was pricey. We drove (but could have walked) down the street to Starbucks instead. We were only here for one night, so it didn't make a difference to us, but when we checked Yelp, few restaurants came up; however, when we drove around we found a lot more variety.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The hotel was very easy to find off the freeway. The lobby was modern and there were a selection of complimentary beverages available upon arrival. The front desk staff was very friendly. We enjoyed the pool, which was clean and had plenty of seating around it. The bar was reasonably priced. The room itself was spacious and clean. The bed was comfy. There is a breakfast buffet in the morning that we tried, not too great. The staff was very attentive but the food was not too good, omelet was maybe the worst I've had and the potatoes were not edible (even with ketchup), bacon was borderline burnt and pancakes rubbery. I suggest finding a local place that is likely to serve a better meal for a similar price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Sassybratt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas? Share your experiences!