“home away from home”

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Skanee, Michigan, United States
“home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

All the employees are very friendly, and amber and grace feel like friends....i have never stayed so long at a hotel before this ..My husband is working in the area which brings us here...Glad the place feels like home away from home...

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Milpitas. I am so glad to hear that Amber and Grace have been so helpful to you and that you feel the Home Away From Home feeling that we strive to provide all our guests during a stay with us. Our mission is complete satisfaction, stay after stay! It is long term and return guests like you that make our job so enjoyable. We are happy to hear that you choose to stay with us when you come to our area. We hope that you will continue to do so and we look forward to your next stay with us. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

This stay was for a business trip with 10 other co-workers. We had 6 rooms. Checked in, was sent to a room on the 3rd floor. Hallway reeked of cigarette smoke. Got to the room, it also smelled like smoke. Went back to the lobby and was moved to a room on the 2nd floor. Was informed that the 3rd floor was the smoking floor, although I was not told this when checking in nor asked if I wanted a smoking room. Checked the new room out due to the bad situation on check in and when I pulled back the sheets they had stains (looked like urine) on them, I went downstairs and asked for a clean set of sheets that I would put on myself. The mattress pad was stained as well (with what looked like urine). Both rooms when checking in had the windows open to presumably air the room out. The windows in the hallway were also opened. When I walked down to the window in the hallway to take a call, the walls had dead mayflies and the sill was dusty and dirty and the screen had holes in it.

Upon checking out, I was advised that since I had requested an early check in that the rooms had not been inspected. I feel that no inspection could have saved the experience, this hotel needs a lot of work. The girl behind the check in counter was very nice, and tried very hard, but the issues with this hotel are CLEARLY due to mis-management. A lot of training needs to be done as far as housekeeping.

Myself and most of my co-workers have checked out (as they also found the rooms to be unsuitable) and we stayed somewhere else. It was not a comfortable situation to rest.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MollyGMommy
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was nice to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. Although our daily room inspections indeed could have caught some of the room deficiencies it certainly does not excuse the other items that you mention and I cannot express my sincerest apologies enough. I do want to let you know that this particular hotel is about to undergo a complete refresh renovation just as most of our hotels have done so far. We will be completed by mid this year so that our hotel is refreshed for all our guests enjoyment.

Travellers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Milpitas, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

I have no idea why anyone would give this hotel more than 2 stars and frankly, that's being generous. If I could post a photo here of the bathroom sink, I doubt anyone would think of staying at this establishment. I asked for a no-smoking room, but when I got into my room, the windows were open obviously trying to air out a room in which clearly someone had smoked. The automatic heating system in the rooms have been disconnected in favor of the old switches on the heater and cooler by the window. The refrigerator in the room made a loud bang when it would turn on and the fan was noisier than a motor boat. The phone had a bad cable so your voice would cut in-and-out unless you held the handset just right. There was no hair dryer in the room. You had to go to the front desk and hope that one was available. And there is no shampoo in the bathroom. There is no way I would ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
1 Thank Jay W
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

I just want to say out of all the Extended Stays that I have been in since the last 6 years up and down the west coast as far as Dallas Texas, this is my favorite. I have dealt with grace in the past few years she is a wonderful GM .The rooms are almost all renovated takes time to do this process so they probably get some complaints, Sorry people can't do this overnight . I hear complaints about this and that all you have to is go to the front desk and they will provide it for your needs, they have for me all the time. Breakfast is o.k. if you want pancakes/bacon there's a Denny's within walking distance. Amber I can tell she is a trainee but is a sweetheart and works just as hard as Grace and the rest of the crew. Yea you'll see me again yours truly, Eddie O

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
It’s with our sincere thanks Eddie that we respond to you regarding your review of Extended Stay America Milpitas. Were so glad that Grace and Amber have been helpful during your stay and that our current renovation/refresh process has not been too big of an inconvenience. We are trying to be sure we minimize any impact to our guests while we refresh our hotel for your enjoyment. Its guest’s recognition such as yours that is our reward for what we do on a daily basis. Our guests comfort and satisfaction are key in our business. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff and we hope that you return to see us on a future stay in our area. With our thanks the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas.
Fremont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one week and found the staff to be helpful and the hotel to be very good. No complaints at all. The bathroom was very clean, the bed was very comfortable. I brought my family with me on a business trip. I will stay here next time I have business in the area. Very safe, no loitering, most residents are professionals. A good location near food and shopping.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Extended Stay America Milpitas. It is so nice to hear when our guests have a good experience at our hotel and they find their stay to be just what they need to be comfortable while away from home. Our newly refreshed rooms with the fully equipped kitchens lends a little bit of that home feeling to each of our guests stay with us. We thank you for recognizing us in this forum so we may respond to you and thank you for your nice comments. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas.
Voghera, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

Rooms are not clean, I asked to have service every day (paying for it) and they did not provide it, the description of the hotel based on my Company's convention said "breakfast included" and the included breakfast is a take-away cup of coffee and snack.
An annoying smell of trash is on the stairs because of trash cans underneath them.
Just never again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CarloCanevari
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Milpitas. Please let me be the first to say how sorry I am to hear that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional value stay after stay. We have strict guidelines in place to ensure fresh clean rooms and guest commons for our guest’s enjoyment. I am sorry to hear that there were less than pleasant smells in our stairways, we will be sure to correct this issue immediately. I am also sorry to hear that our grab and go breakfast was not what you were looking for, our breakfast selection is more of an expanded coffee bar for the on the go traveler who wants a quick bite as they head out the door for the day. I can see that in some cases it’s not satisfying for those looking for a more filling breakfast. I do apologize this was not clearly communicated to you at check in. We are always looking for ways to improve the stays of our guests and take all comments to heart for future consideration of implementation into our amenities. Thank you again so much for bringing these things to our attention and know that we care about each and every guest comment and concern that is brought to our attention. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas.
riverside, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

This hotel is not the greatest but not that bad either. We travel quite a bit with our kids and usually most hotels that we have stayed at have blow dryers in the units and much more amenities, this one was pretty bare. But overall, not a bad hotel for the price. The blankets had some holes, which I thought was pretty tacky but I overlooked it and just called the front desk for another one, however, they did make me walk to the front desk and get it myself. The hallways and elevators have a dingy smell and the continental breakfast is okay.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank prencesD
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service and quality rooms, I was glad you were able to enjoy your stay with the few shortcomings that you seemed to have experienced , of course I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. I'm so sorry that there were holes in your blankets and that it was not offered to bring you a replacement instead of you having to come to the front desk to retrieve it. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.