Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas
  • Breakfast included
Heritage Inn(Milpitas)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbasic amenitieshot coffeerecommend staying herenice place to staygreat mallhillviewutensilskitchenettekarlafreewayconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

1. The hotel MGR was extremely rude, I walked up to the front desk & she immediately said "check in is @3" she didn't even look me in the eye to acknowledge me. As I waited an hour in the lobby to check in, she was on the phone the entire time complaining about her job
3. TV in my room wouldn't turn on
4. I broke out into hives from the linens
5. Fridge had a lingering odor
6. Walls are paper thin
7. It felt like a damp dorm room
8. Breakfast is decent. I grabbed a muffin everyday
9. Parking is limited. There is a sketchy parking lot between the hotel and the embassy. Good luck
10. There's a Safeway and misc shopping area right next door. Mall is ten mins away.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank A_renee10
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. As well, I am sorry for the issues you had with your TV, linens and refrigerator. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure these issues do not continue in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sjp@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is an expensive area and this hotel has some of the best rates. But it's definitely a mixed bag - let's start with the positives first. I slept well here. It seemed to be a fairly quiet & mostly professional crowd here. AC / heating unit worked well. There was hot water in the mornings and the coffee was decent. There is a medium sized flat screen TV with a decent selection of channels including Showtime.

On the mixed side was the Wi-Fi and the furnishings. Wi-Fi worked well much of the time but got spotty in the late evening as load increased. I found I had to change to my Mi-Fi unit about 9:30 every night to have decent internet. The furnishings are very basic. In my room, the bottom drawers were all of their tracks and not working well. Only 4 hangers in the room - not exactly a recipe for an "extended" stay. There is a fairly complete mini-kitchen but low numbers of utensils - including no forks in my case. The breakfast is very basic - a selection of instant oatmeals, plastic-wrapped muffins, and a fruit. The fruit varied from apples to oranges - one day the fruit was all out. The mattress doesn't appear to be a very high quality type though I did sleep fine on it.

On the negative side, there's no workout room of any kind. You can walk in the area and find a fairly nice neighborhood and park area nearby. While the room was fairly clean, there are a lot of stains in things like the comforter and the curtains. If you're fastidious, this may bother you. My shower curtain had some black mildew on the bottom. There was no stopper in the drain for the shower / tub.

So, if you're really on a budget or can't find other options, you can probably stay here and get a decent night's sleep. But it's a bare bones option for sure.

Room Tip: Facing the parking lot (away from the large street and highway) is probably a good thing here for noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Am currently staying here as there is nothing else available.
I booked a king bed, they said I couldn't have one, but would "Give me a double bed room at no extra charge" ?!?!?
The first room smelled like someone just had a huge #2 in the bathroom, it smelled so bad I could barely breath. There were stains on the bed sheets and mattress.
I asked for another room, which was marginally better, but the bathroom had hairs on the wall, the sink ran no matter what I did, the kitchen looked like someone just used it. The bed is super uncomfortable. Went to use the ice trays in the freezer and they had some dried goop in them. There is some sort of fluid that was sprayed all over the chair.
Overall nastyness is pretty high.
I'm currently trying any other hotel in the area as I'm pretty sure I can't spend another night here.

Room Tip: Again, do NOT stay here!!!!!!!!!! Rooms closer to the freeway are louder.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Frank R
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Frank - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the odors and level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, sjp@extended stay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Bathroom would not flush, I called front desk and they could not fix until the next morning. Lights an tv turned off twice and when I called front desk they didn't know how to fix it and didn't even bother to come up and try. When maintenance guy came in the next day to fix toilet he said it was a bigger problem and had a leak and that he would be back to fix it....that never happened. Fire alarm went off over and over again. We had to go outside and stand in the rain at 5am. The people at the front desk didn't know what to do and were not very polite. The only apology we got was from the firefighters who had to come out for the 4th time.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Front desk staff should be more visible & available. Grab & Go breakfast could improve in quality & variety (Marriott offers more choices). Bedroom, television cable was broken, had to call for another cable. Booked & told we were in a non-smoking room (room 345) but there's a placard on the door when you enter the room that states it is designated a SMOKING room! Someone is misinformed!!! Will not be back.

• Stayed: January 2014