“Adequate business style hotel”

Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stayed here for a business trip to the silcon valley area and the company I was visiting selected the hotel. It is a standard marriott style accomodation with internet included. The rooms were perfectly acceptable, with comfortable beds, a little on the cold side (the heating was too noisy to use) and a reasonable sound proofing. Some rooms have small balconies and there is a gym and small pool as well. The main cliental appears to be business travellers which means the hotel is pretty quiet but this does cause a few problems in the morning as the room for breakfast was often full at around 8am. Also a couple of the mornings there were problems with the hot water either luke warm or totally cold one day when the boilers broke. As for the location it is next to the great mall where there are lots of shops and some places to eat, there is also a light rail stop from which you can go into San Jose or elsewhere in the region. The hotel only serves breakfast and then there are a few snacks for sale at the front desk so if you are not travelling with a car take this into consideration, but there are some options at the mall or if you travel on the light rail. As an alternative it is possible to get the hotel staff to take you somewhere in the shuttle buses and they do offer shuttle trips to San Jose airport.
A couple of issues with the hotel was the lack of a safe in the room, this is something that really annoys me as when I am travelling for business I often have important documents or my computer that sometimes I do not want to take out with me. So as advised I tried to leave my valuables at the front desk where they have boxes but they were all full so instead the manager put the items in his office, however, when I returned from my trips it took over an hour to get hold of the manager and get my items out of the office, yes they were safe but it was rather inconvenient when I had deadlines approaching and many hotels of the marriott standard or lower have laptop size safes in all rooms. The other thing that was frustrating was that the cleaning staff would not adhere to the replenishing towels rules. I do not feel the need to have a fresh towel everyday and as such hang my towels back up as suggested but despite doing this I received clean towels everyday.
Other than that the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful with suggestions of things to do. I can't speak for the value as I was on a business trip it was all covered and I don't even know how much it was per night.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 May 2011

My boyfriend and a couple of my friends were invited to a wedding in Milpitas, CA. After an exhausting 5.5 hour drive from LA to Milpitas we were glad to finally get out of the car and relax in our hotel room before the wedding. The bride and groom booked a wedding block at the Courtyard Marriott so we got a great deal for the room. We checked in with Jeff, front desk guy, and he went above and beyond by helping us figure out where the reception was held because, silly me, I forgot the wedding invitation at home. When we finally got up to the room we found it to be beautiful. It had probably been newly remodeled (or built) because the decor and furnishings were modern and clean (the room included a LG flat screen TV, which my boyfriend loved). The room was spacious and included a mini-fridge for my fruit. The hotel staff was friendly and went above and beyond their call of duty. Also, check out the breakfast in the cafe because their omelets are awesome. I was told that the cook who was making them is simply called "The Omelet Guy". Thanks Marriott for the wonderful stay and goodnight rest.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Please be careful if you stay this hotel. My iPod touch had been stolen from the room when I was out. My iPod was kept in breafcase.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank cat298184
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Overpriced at $169/night, no breakfast. Right next door is the Towneplace Suites at $149/night, with breakfast, newer rooms and much larger rooms. Another good option is the Hilton Garden Inn in Milpitas, at $129/night, with a great breakfast included.

Don't stay at the Courtyard, they are unapologetic about their overpriced rooms. By the way, I am Marriott Elite.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank pdxguy820
Reviewed 15 September 2010

My first ever stay in sunny California! Great experience at the hotel. I stayed for a week and there was no major issue at all. Breakfast was good though you have to pay (we got covered by training company). Convenient location next to an outlet indoor shopping mall, easy access to major highway.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank tweliying
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Checked in on a Saturday afternoon. Julie at the front desk seemed to be not very familiar with the Marriott rates or whether or not they had suites available. Check-in was impersonal. Expect no goodies nor coffee upon check-in on a weekend.(Coffe is limited in the afternoon on weekdays).

We upgraded to a King Suite for $139. A decent deal considering there were 2 adults and two young children with us. Next day we had a decent The rate included breakfast for 4. We also got the Nickelodeon package which i truly recommend if you have kids who like Spongebob. It's only $10 per kid.
We checked in and we went to the pool... Small, morel like a kiddie pool. Pool is dirty with a lot of leaves and tree pollen or whatever...

Upon return to our room, we requested towels and toiletries. We were informed there was no one available to bring them to us and that at best it would take an hour. 10 minutes later there was a voicemail informing us we needed to stop by the front desk to pick up what we needed because they would not bring it. (If the hotel is full, why is there no staff?!)
The shampoo is not good nor their conditioner. The towels at the pool, the jacuzzi and even in the room were very coarse. We ended up buying some at the mall nearby.

Business center is just one computer and printer. It was in good working condition.

Bed mattress was to soft at the edges. Mattress was too soft.

Good things are the ample parking at no charge.
Breakfast in the AM was good with pastries, OJ, Grapefruit Juice, Cereal, eggs, potatoes, omelettes, waffles, milk and coffee.
Great Mall and movies are within 2-3 blocks. Some fast food restaurants as well. Grounds are ok to relax. Some tables are set outside in an inside courtyard. The hot jacuzzi was good. apacity for about 6 people. Again, towels were rough.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lalotp
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed 3 nights, and got an insanely cheap rate of just $104 that included a $25 gas card for each night, and full buffet breakfast for everyone in the party. The breakfast itself is $13 each, so I figured I paid only about $50/night.

Room: The place is very clean. Looks like it recently got remodelled. They didn't have any suites left, so we got a regular room which was adequate. The queen beds were triple-sheeted, which I truly appreciate. Who wants to sleep under a comforter that only gets washed once every century!

Restaurant: Only serves breakfast. No other meals. There are free coffee and tea in the lobby at all times. The buffet consisted of eggs, bacons, sausages, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, cereal, milk, juices, french toasts, bread, muffins, bagels, oatmeal, make-your-own waffles, and make-to-order omelettes. Quite generous, but it gets boring after one or two days.

Pool: a bit cold, but not bad. No attendants, but towels are placed on the chairs.

Jacuzzi: could bit hotter. It's indoors which is nice.

Gym: Small. Didn't use it though.

Parking: Free

Location: Right next to the Great Mall, so if shopping is your thing, you'll love it. It's convenient to freeways as well.

Housekeeping: Good. They don't change the sheets every day, which is fine. Free bottled water on the first night

Staff: Friendly and helpful.

Business stuff: There's a single computer with free printing. But there's free internet access in the room. Very nice.

Tip: This is mainly a business hotel, so it's cheaper on the weekends. Great for us.
Overall, I would recommend it, especially at such a good rate.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business