“Decent choice in the area”

Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
California
“Decent choice in the area”
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel with a great location....very close to the Great Mall. I had a room with a small balcony, which was nice to have. The room was clean, the mattress was a little to firm for me so it was a bit uncomfortable. Also the mini fridge didn't work very well, at the coldest setting it was just slightly cold inside.

The only issue I had was that there was a large group staying at the hotel and they were in the hallway outside my room laughing & yelling from 11pm til about 1am. Very annoying when you are trying to sleep. I had to go outside and tell them to pipe down.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank mamason

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Boston
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Old hotel conveniently across the Great Mall decently renovated. Room is very small. Housekeeping isn't good cause I saw stain on bedsheet, hair on sofabed, sand and dirt on bed that were supposedly clean. Wifi here is stupid cause it did work most of the time; luckily I picked up free signal from the Townplace next door instead. I went downstair to ask for a 'complimentary' comb and the frontdesk girl wanted to charge me $2 bucks for it. I recommend you pick a Motel 6 for a better and cleaner experience at 1/3 the price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank toothxt

Travellers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Recently refurbished, The Courtyard is very clean, pleasant and extremely close to my corporate offices.

Minutes from SJC, when arriving late in the evening, it's good to know I have but a short trip to Courtyard.

Plenty of restaurants are close by with downtown minutes aways as well.

A great property to stay after a cross country flight.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Cypress, California
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I was surprised by the fact that this hotel doesn't offer a complimentary breakfast to Marriott Platinum Elite members. And though I got 2 bottles of water in my room the day I arrived, I got none the next day when I arrived back to my room? I stayed here before and I *thought* I recall getting 2 new bottles of water each day. Definitely different that the other Marriott places I've stayed at.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dennis X
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Location: Reasonably close to everything in San Jose
Food: Limited menu, but decent (only had breakfast)
Room: Clean, mostly quiet, comfortable
Internet: No Fee
Parking: No Fee

Stayed here for business. When we first checked in, they were in the midst of a "manager's happy hour", so we were able to get a couple of beers each between myself and fellow travelers. The lobby offered plenty of seating for us to sit and catch up with our plans for the week, and this was a really nice way to start the stay.

The hotel has recently been refurbished, and there are some nice amenities available that you don't always see. There was a computer set up solely for printing boarding passes. A large, touch screen info center in the lobby to help with attractions, local dining, events, etc. There were additional computers available for those traveling without an Internet device. And they always had free coffee available, should you find the need.

The room, it had also been recently refurbished. Everything was very modern in appearance. The lights had been updated to have motion sensitive shutoff switches for areas like the bathroom and the entrance hallway, and the timers on them were set to very friendly lengths such that I didn't have them shut out the lights when I still needed them. They also had motion sensitive HVAC, but unlike other hotels I've stayed in where the thing might shutoff in the middle of the night, this one performed flawlessly, maintaining the room at the temperature I chose.

My only real negative on this hotel was that I could hear the person on the floor above whenever they walked around. I'm not sure if it was a sasquatch or just not so thick concrete, but it was never really an issue, just an observation.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main street are probably a little quieter, but even my traveling companions who...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Philippines
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is our first time to stay in this hotel as we are always in Towneplace Suites just beside this hotel. Our trip is to visit my dad's sister and do some shopping since Great Mall of America is just beside the hotel.
This hotel is just newly renovated. The lobby looks good and has a small restaurant that serves breakfast and drinks until 10:00pm. It has also a lounge area and a small convenience store where you can buy snacks and drinks. We got the 1 bedroom suite and it has a king size bed in its bedroom and a sofa sleeper bed in its living room. The suite is not big enough but also not small. There is a free internet and the hotel is very clean. Beds are comfortable and the best thing with this hotel is its location. Plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby and Great Mall of America is just beside the hotel. Staff are also nice.

Room Tip: Suite rooms are just 30 bucks more per night.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PhilippineTraveler
Los Angeles
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Located literally a stone's throw away from the Great Mall, it made a great choice for us to stay here. Besides, we found quite a few eating spots/restaurants within a couple of miles driving distance. The rooms were clean and spacious. Free wifi and big screen TV was definitely a big plus. The staff (night) and at the cafe were friendly and very helpful. Parking was the only pain.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family