“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Zahir's Bistro

Zahir's Bistro
Ranked #14 of 330 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2013

New Orleans chicken was awesome! Mushroom appetizer was also great. Bread Pudding for dessert. I was part of a party of 10 there for a business meeting that included very discerning diners and everyone seemed to be very happy with the food. The service was also very good.....not too overbearing but there when needed. Highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank SuwaneeTown
There are newer reviews for Zahir's Bistro

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We were staying in Milpitas overnight before flying home from thye San Jose Airport. I looked at Tip Advisor reviews and saw Zahir's as the second best in Milpitas. So we decided to give it a try and were extremely pleased by the results. Firstly the tables are not crammed together so you actually have a chance to talk without worrying about others overhearing or being part of their conversations. Zahir's is a family operation with Zahir as the greeter, and his daughter and granddaughter as two of the servers. We started with a couple of specialty martinis which very very different and very good. We they shared a clam chowder which was wonderful. My wife had the veal piccata with rice and mixed vegetables which were all very good. I had the seafood tortellini in a marinara sauce. The portion was very large with lots of shrimp and scallops. The sauce was nicely seasoned. Unfortunately we did not have room for dessert. Will just have to go again. We highly recommend Zahir's

1  Thank ldgaff
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Asked to be served a bit slow, but in US this seems just too difficult... Although place was near empty... Food was really nice.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Having seen the reviews on Trip Advisor, my business colleague and I decided to try Zahir's 579 Bistro during a business trip to the South Bay area this week. It was a great decision and two of the best meals we have had in this area. That's right - two meals each. It was so good the first night, we went back the next night. A great appetizer platter with stuffed mushrooms, shrimp and calamari. My colleague had the New Orleans Chicken and Zahir's Steak. I had the Veal Scaloppini and Prime Rib. All the entree's were delicious; perfectly seasoned, well prepared, and presented nicely. The service was attentive, friendly and professional. The décor nicely done. The owner, Zahir, has certainly paid attention to all the important details. We will be eating there again on next visit to the area.

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I had the New Orleans Chicken, which was excellent! A chicken breast stuffed with Anduille sausage, spinach, and bacon!

Served with Seasoned rice and brocolli.

Service was attentive and accommodating. It's a family run business. I was served by the granddaughter of the owner.

Modern, quirky decor gives it California character.

I recommend the place.