“Location was perfect for seeing the redwoods”
Review of Miranda Gardens

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miranda
Miranda Gardens
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miranda
Zanesville, Ohio
“Location was perfect for seeing the redwoods”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed at Miranda Gardens for one night while seeing the Redwoods. We came from Port Orford, Oregon the night before (as part of a 2 week trip starting in Seattle and ending at the Grand Canyon) and had lots of time to drive around and view Redwoods and still arrive at Miranda Gardens around 5:00 pm. We stayed in cabin #6 which was a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom. My 2 kids slept on rollaway beds in the living room. Grandma and Grandpa had the quiet bedroom to the back of the cabin. We slept in the bed in the alcove off the living room. The website had great pictures of it. It was perfect for our family, in that the location was GREAT. It was another QUAINT location, which I love. I wish we would have had time to actually sit and enjoy the back deck which had redwoods all around it. It was a very peaceful location.

We never used this kitchen, except for the fridge. We walked across the street to the restaurant and had dinner. We had great strombolis and pizza. We sat at the bar to eat and it was uniquely designed with knotted lumber from a rather large tree. That evening our kids played basketball and ping pong outside by the playground. The trees were so tall and shading it reminded me of being at a campground.

The free breakfast the next morning was super. We had delicious chocolate muffins, yogurt, cereal, juice boxes, etc. We took our food outside to the gazebo by the pool to eat outdoors. Not many places to sit inside and eat and there were 6 of us.

There was a little grocery store in walking distance (very close) where we bought some snacks and bottled water for the road. All of this is in the middle of "nowhere." Miranda is a very small town.

We would stay here again. It was so convenient. We were able to finish driving the Avenue of the Giants the next morning, which this resort is actually "on."

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank teachermama1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We needed a place to stay during a short weekend trip to the Avenue of the Giants, and were glad we picked Miranda Gardens. This group of well-maintained cottages nestled between big redwoods made for a great place to relax after a day of exploring the redwood groves. We stayed in Cabin #6, which had two beds-- one of which was in a nice wood-paneled bedroom with big windows overlooking the redwoods. We felt like we were in a treehouse. The back deck was a relaxing place to sit among nature and enjoy the quiet, and the bathrooms (as the rest of the cabin) were extremely clean. The kitchen (which we didn't use) was efficient, and featured a good selection of utensils. Our cabin, despite being built in the 1930s, was cleaner than most nice hotel rooms I've stayed at-- quite an accomplishment. There's a nice simple restaurant right across the street, and a convenience store next to the property with a good general selection. The location is very central and convenient. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend Miranda Gardens to friends visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank twf2000
California
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I was traveling with my 11 year old grandson. Even though our cabin was the smallest with no kitchen (they were booked by the time I called) it was very clean and I felt very safe. My grandson made friends with all the kids that were staying there and they have a great fire pit where they roasted marshmallows. Even though it was for 1 night I would highly recommend. We ate at the restaurant across the street - food okay and service fair. But it was great not to have to drive.

Room Tip: Book early, check website as they have all the cabins and floor plans.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank retiree508
sebastopol, CA
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Beware of hidden, undisclosed fees. My credit card was hit with a $50 charge for not washing the dishes! Nothing was posted anywhere! I was told I signed a "contract" agreeing to this charge. I signed a piece of paper agreeing to 2 nights lodging and was not given a copy. Presumably the small print is somewhere on that piece of paper.

Nothing is posted in the dark cabins stating any "rules." And absurd as the provision is, had we known about it, we would have washed the dishes! We are not messy people. We cleaned up, took out the trash and stacked the dishes neatly. The cabins haven't been updated since their original construction in the 30's, so no dishwashers.

The attitude of the staff seriously detracts from the environs. They exhibit nothing but contempt for the people who support their business. I've disputed the charge so we'll see what happens.

If you stay here, wash your dishes!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank scarlet0817
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 15 April 2011

This was a neat little group of cottages right on the Avenue of the Giants. The cabins were super cute and immaculately clean. They were built in the 1930's and pretty much look the same as I saw in the photos in reception. They have clearly been well maintained and cared for. We stayed in #6 which had a nice little deck in back and great little bedroom that made us feel like we were sleeping in a tree house.
The staff was super nice and entertained all of our questions about the place.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank CraigNV
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 23 March 2011

In the past, when traveling up and down the coast, we would always stay just south or north of the Avenue of the Giants. On our last trip we decided to change that and we picked Miranda Gardens. That turned out to be a wonderful choice.

The cabins are rustic and the town is very small so don't expect any "action" or fine dining establishments.

I'm pretty sure we stayed in Cabin # 5, which is pet friendly, clean, has a kitchen and a fireplace plus a separate bedroom. We decided to eat in and made ourselves a "gourmet" dinner, which we enjoyed on the deck. Very nice...!!!

What really struck me about the cottages at Miranda Gardens was the workmanship, the wood and paneling used for the cottages....at least # 5. The paneling was simply pristine.....made out of Redwood, when Redwood was Redwood. You could tell that layer after layer of varnish had been applied to the Redwood. I was VERY impressed....I have never seen anything quite like it.

The manager told me that the owner...or may be a previous owner, had refurbished the cottages one by one using salvaged Redwood paneling. Apparently it took him YEARS...!! It is an interesting story. The manager can tell it better than I can.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ebrynnie
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed at the Miranda Gardens Resort for a wedding in May. The setting is very charming, with large redwoods, flowering bushes, and adorable cottages. Miranda has several options for cottages, from single rooms to multiple bedrooms, kitchens, and fireplaces, so everyone in our large group was able to find accomodations to suit their budget/space needs. My husband, son, and I stayed in Cottage #6, with a kitchen, fireplace, and separate bedroom, and it was perfect! The resort offers a small grocery store, continental breakfast, a pool, small playground, and a common area with lawns and a firepit that is great for celebrations (like weddings). The town is very near the Avenue of the Giants and other attractions, and only about 45 minutes to the ocean. We took several day trips to surrounding redwood parks and hiking trails, as well the nearest city for fine dining and a spa. My only negative comment involves the heaters - they are rather noisy, making clicking sounds every time they come on. We got used to it in a couple nights, but it was distracting at first. Other than that small detail, I would recommend Miranda Garden Resort cottages to anyone looking for a rustic, charming getaway with easy access to the redwoods. This is a good choice for both families and couples looking for a romantic getaway, and lots of fun for large groups.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank AKMinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miranda
Benbow Historic Inn
The Shelter Cove Oceanfront Inn
Humboldt Redwoods Inn
Humboldt Redwoods Inn
#1 of 1 in Garberville

Been to Miranda Gardens? Share your experiences!