My husband and I were looking to find a nice cabin in the Miranda area to visit the red woods. The reviews and the pictures of this place truly looked amazing so we booked a cabin for 3 nights.
Biggest mistake ever! Do NOT bother! You're much better off camping out or getting an RV. Here is why...
1. The so called "resort" has no AC or ceiling fans. In the month of September temperatures were in the upper 90s, and one day it reached 103F. We had to ask the front desk for a portable fan. Needles to say we didn't sleep at all that night.
2. The temps cooled down at night, but we could not open the windows because it required for the blinds to be up, and bystanders could easily look into our bedroom
3. The resort description says that it has a heated pool. We have a toddler so we thought that this would have been great for her. When we get there, the water was freezing. Unbelievable! Mainly because it was scorching hot outside. I could not wrap my brain around the fact as to why the water would be cold. Not to mention that it was advertised as a headed pool! We didn't get to use the pool the entire stay there. I couldn't even dip my toes in.
4. The resort description states that they offer continental breakfast. When we got there we found out that the breakfast they offered was cereal and hard boiled eggs. Wow!
So we went across the street to the only town dinner/restaurant. The food there was pretty good, but overpriced. Most likely due to the fact that it was the only restaurant in a 50 mile radius.
5. There is one store, which is a gas station/general store. We decided to get a frozen pizza and cook it in the oven in our cabin. The box stated 20-25 min at 400F. It took almost 1 hour and 30 minutes to cook the frozen pizza. The 80s oven could not bake, but we found that out too late.
6. The cabin was equipped with a nice deck, but we didn't get to use it either because there were no chairs or table to sit at.
7. There was a TV, but it only had 4 channels. 2 were news channels, and the other 2 kept playing the same movie over and over again (Shrek and The Day After Tomorrow).
We were very disappointed! We had looked forward to this trip for months, and it turned out to be a nightmare. Imagine being on vacation and not being able to sleep all night due to the heat. Nightmare!
I would strongly suggest not to waste your money at this place. We stayed one night, and decided to leave, despite the fact that we would not get our money back for the other 2 nights. I'd rather bite the bullet and forget the $300 that we paid for the other 2 nights than stay there and not get any sleep.
- Also Known As:
- Miranda Gardens Hotel Miranda
- Gardens Hotel Miranda