“Love this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Montoursville, PA
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I stay here twice per year. It's a little out if my way but so well worth it! Was here for 16 days this past trip. The size and layout if the rooms is perfect for an extended stay.

Breakfast is awesome and the morning staff are amazing friendly!

Front desk staff are amazing as well! Thanks Tanya for always taking care if Jan and I.

See you all in December!

Stayed July 2014
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear pamski6,

Thank you for your continued support of Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo! I appreciate your glowing review and recommendation of our accomodations. I am thrilled to see that our staff exceeded your expectations and always continues to do so! Thank you once again for your kind words we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Didi Shields

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here as it was referred to me from a location that I was attending for a reunion party, I could not have been happier that I was referred here. I drove in from Las Vegas so I was pretty tired when I arrived. Check in was so easy & I explained that I took the toll road and needed info on how to pay, the front desk person gave me a copy of procedure to pay toll cost, I was so grateful. I got settled in and then went to grab dinner down the road & find a hair salon that the clerk told me about as I forgot my hair tools. I found the salon and made a appt for the morning which was great! Then I went to eat dinner across the parking lot. I got back to the hotel and the patio area sounded so relaxing with a waterfall so I decided to eat out there since the weather was perfect. I felt very safe which traveling alone is a big issue for my senses. I stayed there for 2 enjoyable nights. I had dinner on the second night at the hotel restaurant, the lasagna was excellent, along with my wine & the prices were reasonable. I sat at the bar to eat and really enjoyed the friendliness I experienced. This is a good hotel to stay at breakfast was perfect too!

Room Tip: They all seem nice & safe and have all you need in them!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Location
1 Thank aztecrose06
Dear aztecrose06,

I would like to take the time to thank you for your pleasant feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. It fills us with great pride that we are able to offer such wonderful service and accommodations for our guests. Our grounds are very safe and welcoming and I am delighted to see that you were able to enjoy the inviting atmosphere at our patio area as well as the bar at our Modjeska Bar & Grill. The ambiance is wonderful and our staff works diligently to make each of our guests feel welcome and safe. I thank you again for choosing Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo and hope you will continue your loyalty to Ayres any time you are in Southern California!

Kind Regards,

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at Ayres Hotel and Spa while in Mission Viejo on business. It's a great hotel. Very clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly, accommodating and professional. The only negative is the restaurant in the hotel. The experience for me wasn't good from start to finish. I decided to have dinner in the restaurant one evening. I arrived and was not greeted or otherwise acknowledged by anybody. I finally decided to seat myself. The server was standing at the bar on his phone. He finally came over to me and said "if you need anything let me know." He didn't ask what I wanted to drink or anything. He eventually came back about and took my drink order. For dinner I decided to try the steak (which has a $30 price tag). I ordered my steak mid-rare and it was medium, borderline medium-well. It was also bland. I'm not sure that it was seasoned at all before it was put on the grill. The fries were decent but it's kind of hard to screw up fries.

The hotel part is fantastic but the restaurant needs some serious help. I would definitely stay here again but wouldn't consider going back to the restaurant.

Stayed August 2014
Dear ColeH77,

I first want to thank you for your continued loyalty to Ayres Hotels and for your detailed review regarding your recent stay in Mission Viejo. I do apologize that you were not properly greeted upon arrival at our Modjeska Bar & Grill. It is simply unacceptable that our staff did not provide you with anything less than exceptional customer service. You have my most sincere apologies for our lack of attention to detail regarding your meal. I do appreciate your recommendation of our hotel accommodations and I thank you for your time in writing your review. I hope we can exceed your expectations during your next stay.

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here 7/28 -8/1/ 2014. We stay there every time we are in the area. We enjoy it. The rooms are very nice and so quiet at nite after a long day. Housekeeping does a wonderful job and are helpful. Everyone who works the front desk is nice, respectful, and are more than willing to help you with everything you might need. The swimming pool is a great area to relax. The free morning breakfast is a great way to start your day. Looking forward to staying there next time.

Room Tip: We like rooms on third floor on the back side of hotel because of the views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear David J,

I want to thank you for being a loyal guest at Ayres Hotels and for your detailed review regarding your stay and our pleasant accommodations. I am delighted to see that our housekeeping and front desk staff was helpful and friendly during your stay. We pride ourselves on delivering only the best quality customer service are always overjoyed when our employees leave a lasting impression for each of our guests. I am also delighted that you were able to enjoy our serene swimming pool area as well as our complimentary breakfast buffet. Once again, thank you for your enthusiastic review and we absolutely look forward to serving you again in the future!

Kind Regards,

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We just returned from a week long stay at this hotel. Our room was clean and spacious and had a small fridge and microwave - very convenient. The hotel has a beautiful lobby and courtyard. The free breakfast was delicious and is much better than many of the typical "free" breakfasts our there. Parking is free as well. This was a beach vacation for us, so I was a bit disappointed that the beach is at least a good 40 minutes from the hotel. If you hit traffic - it is even longer. Our room lacked any printed information regarding room service (menu), hotel amenities (except for the spa), and local restaurants. The AC in the hotel room is difficult to control. This is an energy saving hotel (yeah for the environment), so during the night, the AC would turn off when it reached our desired temperature and never turn back on.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Readergirl2014,

Thank you kindly for choosing Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo and for your detailed feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see that you were impressed by our European-inspired setting and your overall stay. I do apologize that you had to travel the 21 miles from our property to the nearest beach and can understand how that could be frustrating on a beach-themed vacation. In the future, please know that we do have two properties located in Orange County, California that are coastal as well as one location in the greater Los Angeles area that is also coastal. I do also want to apologize that your room was lacking in printed information on local as well as hotel conveniences. Please know that the front desk staff is always available and eager to answer any questions you have or provide you with any printed information you may require. Again, I want to extend to you my most sincere gratitude for choosing our hotel and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just stayed at the Ayres Hotel and Spa in Mission Viejo -- really enjoyed it. The staff was wonderful: courteous, professional, helpful. And the room was very clean, and spacious. It was nice having a roomy refrigerator, and a microwave oven, too. Only downside was the noise of the a/c. Wish it was quieter.

Rooms
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We really enjoyed our brief stay there. The room was quite large, was nothing fancy but was just darn nice. It was conveniently close to the freeway. The people were very nice as well. The free breakfast hot choices were not that great, but there were plenty of other choices that were fine. The breakfast area was very nice. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: All areas seem to have good rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kim K,

Thank you for choosing Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo and for leaving a detailed review in regards to your recent stay. I am delighted to see that you viewed our accommodations as spacious, nice, and convenient for traveling purposes. I apologize that you did not find our hot breakfast buffet choices to exceed your expectations, but am glad to see you were able to enjoy your complimentary breakfast nonetheless. Again, thank you for choosing Ayres and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mission Viejo
Laguna Hills Lodge
Laguna Hills Lodge
#1 of 4 in Laguna Hills
Hampton Inn Irvine East - Lake Forest

Been to Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo? Share your experiences!