“Nice place”

Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 May 2008

Stayed here for 6 nights during a holiday in the US.

Hotel room was OK, nice bathroom. Kept clean during stay.

Location not very good, no good if you have not got your own transport.

Only problem I had with this hotel was the size of the area for the breakfast buffet. Judging by the number of cars in the hotel car park the hotel was only half full when I stayed, yet on one day I struggled to get a seat for breakfast.

There was was a small pool (not heated) and spa out the back of the hotel.

No restaurant in hotel.

There's a gas station and small mini market immediately outside hotel entrance.

There was a business room that also doubled as the fitness room (2 treadmills).

• Stayed: April 2008

Reviewed 29 April 2008

Nice Hotel Friendly staff. Clean rooms. The ony downside is as usual the wireless server. Other that that very nice place.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 31 January 2008

I stayed at the Fairfield Mission Viejo for business in January, 2008. As one of the previous reviewers mentioned, it is wedged behind two gas stations, so it is a little difficult to find as you are exiting I-5.

Positives: Grounds are very clean, one of the better kept Fairfields I have seen. Front desk staff are friendly, and check-in was easy. The rate was less than 1/2 what I would have paid for a Courtyard 10 miles up the road, which is a definite plus. Free wireless that is pretty fast. Free breakfast as well--standard Fairfield fare. Having the gas stations right next door is nice if you want to pick up a snack or beverage. If you are driving for business as I am, there is a real advantage to being literally right next to the I-5--it can save you 10-15 minutes of traffic just getting on the freeways around here. Bed was fine--typical Marriott. Quiet in terms of human noise.

Negatives: Road noise--you get a fair amount of it if you stay on the side closest to the freeway (I can't comment on the other side). Elevators are older, and fairly slow. The rooms are some of the smallest I have seen in a Marriott property. Having said that, I stayed by myself for business, so that was really not an issue. But if you were staying here with a family, you would be very cramped. I should also add that they seem to have been recently renovated, and are clean and new-looking.

Overall: good value for business, and I'm glad to save my employer a few bucks. I wouldn't stay here if I were on vacation, though--it doesn't feel like this particular Fairfield is built for that.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank MI_Bus_Traveler
Reviewed 5 November 2007

Nice place, room just fine, quiet, nice pool, freeway convenient. Breakfast was good, easy parking. I like that you can walk to a big gas station minimart, 1 minute away, open 24 hours, that had great quality deli-style sandwiches, fresh fruit, etc. Also a Carl's Jr. fast food place 2 minutes walk away, open late.

Not a real destination, but if you're in the area, a good choice. I found it a little expensive for what it was, but I imagine that's the fair price in that area.

• Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank pattayainsider
Reviewed 18 August 2007

This hotel, although not the fanciest we've stayed at, was perfect for my family. It was immaculate and looked brand new. The staff was exceptionally nice and helpful, providing us with maps and written directions numerous times. The breakfast was lovely. And, the price was right! We look forward to staying there again on our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank Andi_7
Reviewed 5 September 2006

My wife and I loved the hotel. Rooms were clean, breakfast was great and the staff was super friendly and helpful. I slept better here than I do in my own bed. As I mentioned, all of the staff was great but I would like to give special thanks to Keva & Lorenna at the front desk as they were the ones that had to put up with me during the day. They always had a smile and helped us a lot with information and directions. Hey GM, give them a raise. I highly recommend this hotel and will definately stay here again if I ever get back to the area.

Gary Burden
Crystal Lake, IL

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank Spunky55
Reviewed 30 July 2006

The Fairfield was very clean, very comfortable, with very accommodating people at the desk. The location wasn't the greatest----stuck right behind two gas stations and right next to the highway. The highway was very loud when swimming in the pool but you couldn'r hear it in the rooms. A good alternative to the pricey hotels in Laguna and surrounding beach areas.

Stayed: June 2006
Laguna Hills Lodge
#1 of 4 in Laguna Hills
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel
Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County

Been to Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County? Share your experiences!