“Noisy crowded!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Arcadia, California
“Noisy crowded!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Had an event at country club up the street so location was great.
When we checked it we were given a first floor room next to the freeway. Way too noisy... But they were nice about making a change. Tons of soccer kids at breakfast ... No place to sit!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Not a bad hotel if you're stopping off in the area for a night or two. Great proximity to 5 freeway, convenience stores, and a quick bite to eat. Because I had to leave so early, I didn't get a chance to try the buffet.

Staff was nice and responded quickly to my requests.

Only complaint was that our bed was a little less comfortable than I expect from a Marriott brand.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Ashish R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear User 9999,

Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn, Marriott for your recent stay in Mission Viejo, CA. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We do try our best to make sure that our guest arrive to a nice clean and comfortable environment. Unfortunately our beds do not meet to your expectation.

Our beds are approved by Fairfield Inn. We apologize that we could not meet your expectation.

We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your feed back.
new jersey
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I always stay at this hotel when I work in this area.It is very clean quiet for a great nights sleep with comfortable beds. But the best is the front desk I stayed there 12 nights and every night when I returned they acted like they were so happy to see me.They are great with directions etc.It is in a great location next to shops of Mission Viejo and many great restaurants right off highway 5.It is 20 minutes from John Wayne airport. They do have a complimentary breakfast but nothing special. It is close to Laguna Beach and San Juan Capistrano.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway it is prettier looking at the pool and very quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bridgetpianos
Pie Town, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've stayed here 4 or 5 times when visiting friends in San Juan Capistrano. It's always clean, well-kept, quiet, accommodating staff, and I always get a good night's sleep. It appears they've recently renovated the place with new carpet and new furniture in the common areas. The rooms are a bit smaller than what you'd get with an average Holiday Inn Express, the beds are doubles (not queen), there's no fridge or microwave, and it's a bit close to the freeway. I don't hear much freeway noise because the fan on the heat/air conditioning tends to drown it out with white noise. The bed size didn't bother me because I was travelling alone and they're certainly big enough for one person. I'll stay here again during my next visit to the area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JFawl
Santa Ynez, California
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is our 2nd stay at the Fairfield Inn. We visit our son who lives in Laguna Niguel and found the property had renovated since we came last. Rooms were clean and new! Pleasant front desk staff. Great breakfast with alot of options!
Easy freeway access to all surrounding areas. We chose a room on the bottom floor near the front of hotel and no problems with noise.
We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank River Grill M
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My one night was great. Easy check in and the room was updated and clean. The bed was comfortable and all the amenities in the room were in working order. The room was on the small side, but I was by myself, so that did not cause any issues. I am sure they have larger rooms is more guests are needed per room. I went down to the lobby for breakfast at 9:30. I noticed the sign that said breakfast was from 6 - 9. They were cleaning up, but there was still some items left out and they was no issue with me grabbing a couple of items and taking them to my room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RSquared_SD
San Jose, California
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We just finished a very pleasant weekend stay at this hotel. All staff members were customer focused and very friendly. The front desk staff greeted us and always offered assistance as needed. The staff member taking care of the breakfast area always had a smile and friendly word.

Breakfast in this location is included in the room rate and it was a cut above other similar hotels, including waffles and different hot entrees each morning.

The room was quite comfortable with new bedding, a usable work area and flat screen TV. While not large, it's laid out very well.

The location is right off the 5, but we didn't hear any traffic noise at all.

Overall, a great and convenient place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County? Share your experiences!