“Nice!”

Fuzio's Universal Bistro
Ranked #25 of 498 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: American, Italian, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Agoura Hills
“Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My fiance, who works in Modesto, brought me here for dinner on a very quiet Friday night. He often enjoys work lunches at Fuzio's and, although we were planning on walking further to another restaurant, he impulsively suggested we stop and dine here. The atmosphere was pleasant...not crowded, no bar crowd, pleasant decor and lighting. Our food was very good, especially my salmon...fresh and moist with delicious sauce and seasoning. My only minor complaint is that our server was TOO attentive and a tad cloyingly sweet. I am sure that this had something to do with the lack of diners when we were there. All in all, we had a nice dining experience and will definitely come again.

• Visited October 2013

Oahu, Hawaii
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Great pizza and pasta! Just a few feet away from the wonderful Brenden Theatres, this is a wonderful spot for a date! The staff are wonderful and the environment is very pleasant! Fuzio you rock!!

• Visited June 2013
Sonora, California
“Awesome food, great for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I did not come here expecting great food. "Fusion", especially "Universal Fusion" says to me that I'm gonna be disappointed because we do a lot of things for a lot of people but nothing fantastic. Well this place proved me dead wrong. We came with three teenagers in tow so we got a variety of foods. Here's the quick rundown:

Lettuce cups with chicken: Really good, chinese style with vert nice flavors.
Thyme french fries: really good, thin, crsipy.
Cheeseburger: didn't try it but looked great and kids loved.
Sausage Pizza: more like a flatbread but reallygood flavors.
Mahi Mahi fish and chips with India Pale Ale batter and Chipotle tartar sauce: Really great version of a classic - not too bready, lots of fish.
"Firecracker Fusilli": My personal favorite. Shredded pork with a habanero pesto and a small amount of sour cream. Mexican meets Italy in a great spicy way! Pasta was very good, sauce fantastic!

I will be coming back with or without kids! WIne list was good as well. Service fantastic with great attitude for 3 boisterous teenagers!

• Visited June 2013
Modesto, California
“Never had a bad dish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

The hubby & I have been coming here for years & just love it. It can get noisy, so I would not recommend for a romantic dinner, but the food & drinks are great. We regularly have the watermelon & coffee cake martinis, but we've also had the fuziotini & the lemon drop which are good as well. The hubby is generally a fan of the rigatoni al Fuzio with chicken, but he tried the chicken penne tonight & cleaned his plate. Likewise, I will often get the Mac n cheese, but decided to live on the wild side & try the angel hair paella. YUM.....little spice in the marinara, good shrimp, calamari & chicken sausage. I've also had the chopped salad, portabello pizza, calamari pasta with lemon & chili flakes and they once had a chicken & Brie quesadilla that was to die for. Service is also great & they are quick! You MUST try the thyme fries appetizer too....we inhale these every time.

Visited April 2013
Westminster, California
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

Great food. We have been their before and have enjoyed every visit. Clean with helpful and knowledgable staff

Visited January 2013