“Hidden gem.”

Motel 6 Modesto Downtown
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed 23 November 2013

At first glance we were a little put off because of the location. But to our surprise it was a very pleasent and clean motel. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are quiet. The price was affordable.Great find and your close to downtown.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 3 October 2013

BEST DEAL IN TOWN w/awesome rooms and family atmosphere. This motel had been completely remodeled (w/ new sheet rock and updated electrical) when they took over the Modesto Inn. From the outside, you may still see the older part of the building, however, once you go into your room, it's like going into Shangri-la. Newly painted walls, "comfi rug", decorative light fixtures, and framed contemporary prints which add to the ambiance. Brand new furnishings with microwave, refrigerator, brand new AC/Heater, TV, and free WiFi makes it perfect -also for the business traveler. All the pillows and bedding made me fall asleep very easily. And the bathrooms with decorated framed mirrors, ceramic tile, and granite countertops were great!

Security is another aspect that I like about the building. The rooms face inner corridors that you need to access by using your room key.

The family who own and operate the hotel are wonderful. They are always willing to go above and beyond to help with any requests/issues...not to forget to mention, if you stay here longer term, they are willing to negotiate. Actually, they always have great rates on shorter stays and can let you know about them.

Location is centrally located and nearby the airport, downtown, and special events.

They provide a breakfast of fresh coffee, tea, pastry, and fruit so it's extremely convenient if you are on the go. For me, breakfast was always a treat because they would vary what they offered. Sometimes I would get danish with apples, oranges, and nectarines(seasonal). Another day, they had bananas, apples, and freshly baked donuts. Other times I had sliced sweet bread(tasted like Hawaiian bread) with butter and fruit. And other days they would have these frosted cinnamon rolls. Sometimes I microwaved them for a few seconds and they became so soft and warm with melted icing. I felt like I was in "heaven".

I always stay at the Knights Inn, when I am in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Being from Vancouver, Canada I didn't found any difficulties in getting the top and best Inn in the world I would say. The location, services , environment , building were amazing. The manager , Mr nick was very friendly , helpful , cooperative , responsible and so nice I couldn't belief. My advice to any traveller who is in United States looking for best rates and services , just go for few days stay at Modesto Knights Inn. I am pretty sure you will appreciate the place and will be realy happy.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was looking for a cheap place to spend the night on a road trip arriving about 7:30 pm . I found it. I chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews.

I can tell this hotel is working to improve itself and I wish them well. The rooms are clean, comfortable, spacious and newly painted. Quiet, no problem sleeping. Good TV with Dish, there is a comfortable chair with an ottoman, small refrigerator and a microwave. WiFi has a good signal. The staff is nice.
BUT: Very sketchy neighborhood. Nice queen mattress and box springs but on a double bed frame, so it was a little wobbly. New attractive bedside lamps but the one on the left side doesn’t plug into anything and there is not outlet to plug it into it. (could use an extension cord here!). There is a fenced parking area. Locked from 10 pm to 6 am. Good. Felt safer about the car. But I don’t want to have to park in a locked area. I wanted to leave at 6 am and had to wake people to get them to open the gate. Finally left at 6:10 am.

Room Tip: Inside room was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TirelessTravelers
Nick s, Manager at Motel 6 Modesto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for your time in evaluating on stay with us. We appreciate in having you as our customer and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Compared reward points and quality to other hotels that I have tried, this was a good deal. Outside of this Knights Inn might not be impressive but room was clean, wifi signal was strong, and bed was very comfy. The manager checked me in was friendly. It met my expectation. If you just want to stop by to take a shower/rest and leave in the morning, this is a not bad choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank expedition14

Thanks for your time in taking the survey. we are currently under renovation as this doesn't hinder us from giving the best customer service possible. we appreciate your stay with us and hope to see you again.

Knights Inn
Manager, Nick.S

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I couldnt have asked for a better place to stay having very little money and not wanting to stay in a bad environment I called and talked to the manager. Taking my chances I made a reservation. Well I've been in and out staying here since the 13th and Ive really enjoy it. Location is close to the bus station, and downtown. The manager and front desk are extremely friendly and putting a lot of effort in trying to turn the place around from the old Modesto Inn. It's 100% better and I will stay here everytime I come to Modesto. This place deserves 10* easily. Rooms are nice everything works well. Hot showers/ bed was cozy/ a.c. worked Great :) Even with the renovation going on the maintenance man respect the area and tries to keep it quiet. So look pass the unfinished projects that are getting done. I know I can't wait to see the over all turn out. If we needed anything they were good on fulfilling our needs in a timing matter. Thank you manager for your hospitality and understanding of my situation. Greatly appreciate.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Elizahopson
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The hotel appears to be undergoing some renovation so is a little rough around the edges. The manager was very polite and offered me a quiet room in the interior of the hotel. My room was very clean. Not a fancy place, but adequate for a good night's sleep at a very reasonable price. My total bill was $49.04 and I was able to use my MasterCard.

The next morning I discovered a kind of seedy looking liquor store next door with a couple of "characters" hanging around, but they didn't approach me as I walked past to take care of business a few blocks away in the center of Modesto.

The price, cleanliness and downtown location made this a more than adequate place for my one night stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert P
Nick s, Manager at Motel 6 Modesto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you rpainter2006 for your review. We are almost done with our renovations we have started to paint the building. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again.