“On our way to Yosemite!”

SpringHill Suites Modesto
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our family stayed here one night before heading to Yosemite. We were very tired after flying from the east coast. The hotel was very quiet. The breakfast was awesome! Very easy drive from San Francisco to Modesto. Hotel located right off of Hwy 99.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa C
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Modesto

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here 31 nights in June and July this year while in town on business. Even though I'm a Platinum member, this was my first experience in a Springhill property. It was a nice property, the only Marriott brand in the area.

Pros:
- They offer themed social mixers in the lobby some nights during the week - which included cheese and cracker type appetizers with free wine and beer. Though I typically missed out on them due to my schedule, they looked like a lot of fun.
- The lobby coffee and morning breakfast was convenient. Typically it povides oatmeal, warmers with an egg scramble or sausage scramble of sorts. Hard boiled eggs, deli ham, cheese triangles, cereal. Assortment of breads and bagels, nutella.
- They offer coin guest laundry.
- Paul Mitchell Shampoo and Conditioner, always appreciated this about Marriott.
- They do sell a small selection of beer and wine in the lobby
- Large, spacious rooms with unique bright colors. Kind of a welcome change from the other brand colors I am used to. Lot's of yellows and blues.

Cons:
- No restaurant on site or room service, they do have a fridge where you can buy frozen meals in a pinch. They also have an assortment of candy bars available for purchase.
- Pricier than most other places in town

I have to say, overall I enjoyed my experience here and would return.

Room Tip: A busy hotel, try to get a high floor if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank roushsm
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed one night. Very nice hotel, Big clean rooms, decent wi-fi, standard breakfast. Not so many dining options, but if you drive 5-10 minutes you all set.
A bit of a small pool, but good enough for the kids.
Highly recommended if you need a room in the area.

Room Tip: Not above the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Here's what I hate about this hotel. It's expensive for this area, and the don't have any TV guide station so you can see what's playing on the cable TV. The laminated guide they put in the room says it's channel 94, but there is no channel 94. The available channels end at eighty-something. It's also very difficult to type in a two-digit station and get the TV to go there. If yo try to punch in 20 it usually goes to 2. I think there's no TV guide station because they want you to pay extra and watch something on pay-per-view. I really prefer the nearby Fairfield Inn and Suites in Salida which is cheaper and does have a TV guide station.

Both hotels have the same unappealing breakfast food offered at no extra charge. I with they would offer regular bacon as part of their breakfast, instead of the mystery meat sausage, or the "Canadian bacon" which is like a tiny bit of unidentifiable lunchmeat. I would rather pay $10 less and have no "free" breakfast.

Both hotels( Fairfield and Springhill) have pleasant service, are clean, comfortable and quiet, with polite people at the front desk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel passing through Modesto. The room was spacious, clean and had all the amenities in a room travelers could ask for. Having a refrigerator to keep drinks in was nice. Our room had two beds, plus a pull out sofa bed. Plenty of room for a family. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet. The breakfast was nice. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kidsr
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at the Springfield Suites in Modesto, CA this past week. The staff is wonderful and it's a great value. The rooms are split into two sections with a bedroom and living room area. Plenty of space to lounge around in. There are a number of great restaurants located only a short drive. Although the hotel is located near the I-99 it is quite. Breakfast included,

Room Tip: choose an upper floor room facing away from the main street,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank p f
Hollie H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi p f,

We appreciate the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Sincerely in Hospitality,
Hollie Huson

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I always stay at this hotel when in Modesto and have always had a good experience...the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They work hard to treat you as a real customer and not just another point in their occupancy rating. However, my expectations are pretty high (I assume they SHOULD earn my business) so I have never gone out of my way to appluad them in the past. However, I have to comment on my visit this week. I had ended my stay and had arrived at the Oakland airport and was turning in my rental when I realized I had left my roll-on at the hotel (I confirmed this with the front desk with a call). It is an approximate 1.5 hour drive each way and I had about 3 hours and 45 minutes before my flight. I immediately snatched the keys from the rental attendant and headed back. I considered having the hotel call a cab and have it head towards me for a meet-up, but figured working out the logistics would only cost me the little bit of time I had available. I hadn't driven more than about 1 mile when I got a call from Hollie Huston, the hotel GM. The woman who took my initial call had explained the situation to her and she called to let me know that she would leave from the hotel immediately and told me the logical mid-way point to meet. I was stunned! I didn't ask for this, she took the initiative to recommend it. We arrived at the exchange point at about the same time, and I made my flight with over 1 hour to spare. When I tried repeatedly to reward Hollie with some money or to gas up her tank, she refused, simply noting that they appreciated our repeat business and were glad to help out. I travel probably 100 days or more each year, have been for many, many years, and this is one of the few "WOW" experiences I have had. Hats off to Hollie and her team!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business