“Very nice...just noisy!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed 3 June 2011

The hotel is very very nice as far as layout and cleanliness. I am guessing it is relatively new. Friendly staff. The only downside that I wanted to note is that it is like extremely NOISY!! I stayed on the 2nd floor in a 2 bedroom suite with my mother. You could hear every footstep, vacuum, bump above us. It was horrible. Would wake me up first thing in the morning. I thought the woman above us was going to come thru the ceiling!! She sounded like she was 300 lbs. You couldn't hear conversations, just noisy footsteps and rolling luggage. One night there was a party across the street at this amusement park and it lasted way after midnight. You could hear the music from across the street. It's like there is no sound proofing in this hotel whatsoever!! Other than the loud bumps and footsteps, the rooms are very cozy and comfortable. We enjoyed the cleanliness and location!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2011

Zonagurl:

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto during your visit to our area. We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and appreciate your feedback. I would like to first off apologize for the noise that you encountered during your stay with the guest above your room. We understand the annoyance that this may have caused; however, I would like to assure you that we took great measures during the construction of the hotel to add thicker walls and sound dampers. The noise you encountered for the room above may have been a one time case; nonetheless, we do apologize for this.

Furthermore, there was a school graduation at Boomers! which was the party you experienced that. This is an annual event which only happens once a year. It is unfortunate that it happened to fall on the night of your stay and we do apologize for this.

Overall, we are glad to know that you experience with our hotel and staff was a pleasant one. We appreciate your business and hope that you and your family choose to stay with us again the next time you are in our area. Thank you again for taking the time to write us a review.

Happy Travels Zonagurl!

Reviewed 29 May 2011

Great location for everybody who would like to have a convenient stop over on the way to the National Parks. We stayed for one night and the rooms are clean and new! Only issue for us was the street noise from the very close highway. Other than that, we can recommend that place.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

Holiday-MoJo:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you choosing our hotel as a stopover during your families visit to nearby National Parks. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel, aside from the proximity to the freeway.

We hope that you will recommend our hotel to family and friends who will be following your foot steps and visiting the nearby National Parks.

Again, thank you choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto and for writing us a great review. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 16 March 2011

Impressive from the outside, pleasing on the inside . The room was spotless, quiet, and well appointed. The provided breakfast was very good with excellent choices.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

ccarny:

Thank you so much for your kind review. We truly are honored that you thoroughly enjoy our hotel and all that we have to offer. We appreciate you taking the time our of your day to post your review on TripAdvisor and hope that we will have the opportunity of accommodating you again soon. Have a wonderful day and Happy Travels!

Reviewed 14 November 2010

Love the breakfast each morning. Friendly staff. Nice room, clean, easy access from freeway...no complaints all around.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2010

HuskyFBtraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your week long stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto. Your short and sweet review is straight to point and says it all. We are ecstatic to know that your week long stay was nothing less than perfect and that you enjoyed all of our amenities. Our staff strives to ensure all of our guests experience a memorable stay. They did a great job making your stay memorable and i have let them know. We hope that the next time you are in the Modesto area you choose our hotel once again. Again, thank you for writing us a review and we look forward to accommodating you again soon. Have a great day and Happy Travels!

Reviewed 19 October 2010

Arrived here from San Francisco and was greated by bubbly staff member on the front desk. On checking booking she changed room as it wasn't good enough due to road noise, well the alternative definitley was (2 bed suite). Room was clean and well fitted out.

On arrival guests recieved a goody bag including popcorn. On enquiry reception provided suggestion of a good local restaurant for food which didn't disappoint. Breakfast was good and simple.

Would happily have stayed several night but was passing through on way to Yosemite allowing us to visit Castle Air Museum en-route.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2010

BBunbun,

On behalf of our entire staff, we would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto as your hotel when you were traveling to Yosemite. We are pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I have shown your review to our staff and they were all happy to know that their efforts did not go unnoticed. We hope that your trip to Yosemite as well as Castle Air Museum was a memorable one. The next time you are traveling to or through Modesto, we hope that you will choose us again. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us such a wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 31 August 2010

I am a member of the Northern California Senior Softball Association, and my wife and I stay at this hotel whenever a tournament comes up in nearby Turlock. It's about a 20 minute drive we will gladly make since this hotel is head and shoulders above other places we had previously stayed at. From the moment you walk into the beautifully decorated lobby, you notice the attention to detail and quality of work put into this place. The rooms are always extemely clean and are very modern and stylish...and the suites with the jetted tubs are a wonderful touch after a long day of running around! The staff is very friendly and courteous, and they're always willing and able to help with questions, advice or requests/needs. The overall quality of the hotel, cleanliness of the rooms and professionalism of the staff make this hotel a great value...and a no-brainer for us for any future trips to the Turlock/Modesto area.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2010

Hiro21,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review on your most recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to know that you choose our hotel whenever your team in competing in tournaments in our area. We truly appreciate your business and are honored to know that you and your team mates are willing to make the extra drive simply to experience our lovely hotel. We hope that you and your team slept well during your stay and had big wins during the tournament. The next time you are in the area, we will be excited to accommodate you and your team as always. Again, thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us such a wonderful review.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed 26 August 2010

I was actually going to give this place 2 stars, but I switched to the Courtyard Marriott, and I realized that, comparatively, this place is better. I switched hotels in the middle of my business trip because of a couple of issues I was having. Nothing that was such a huge deal, explained below.

Actually, most of the staff there were very pleasant and helpful, but I went down to the business center (i.e., small room with 1 computer and printer) to print out some documents I needed for the next day when I found out that they do not have adobe acrobat so I could not open any of my pdf files to print. Helpful trick I discovered: if you email your documents to your gmail account and open it in html, you can print out the document as a "picture" (so you don't need adobe acrobat), you'll just have the web address also print at the bottom of your documents.

The big printer they have says it also has fax and scan abilities. Later that day, when I went downstairs to scan a document, I found out, the scan function does not work (I was informed it was not programed in yet at the front desk when I went to inquire). I then tried to fax something - you guessed it, that does not work either. I went to the front desk again and they said they would fax it for me, which was fine, but still....
The printer works well for printing, but that small room does get very hot if you print a lot. Printer also does a good job of copying. Had to ask to borrow stapler from front desk (though I understand why they wouldn't keep one in the business center since it could get stolen a lot).

Need your room key to get into business center. I like this touch - I think only twice was there someone there when I needed to use it....and that's out of about 10 times I was in there. You can access it 24 hours.

The noise from the freeway was a bit bothersome and a couple of times huge trucks (they sounded more like trains) went through in the middle of the night. I was in room 328. I hate switching rooms so I didn't ask to switch.

Free bottle of water and snack at check-in. No restaurant or room service. Small snack shop next to front desk that had drinks and chips, etc.

Microwave, fridge, safe, and nice TV in room. To open the drawer that has the microwave and fridge, pull it towards you (don't try to slide it open like I did). For a while, I just thought it was a locked drawer. ;^)

Free wireless. Free breakfast that is pretty okay - sausage patties and packaged yogurt good. Fruit they have at breakfast is bananas.

Not including tax, $103 for Sunday night, $109/night for Monday and Tuesday nights.

In sum, nothing to write home about, just a couple of setbacks for business travelers, but basically fine place to stay.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2010

DC_Traveler88,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on your most recent stay with us. I also want to thank you for explaining that our facility is in fact superior to that of the Courtyard in town. I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay as well. Some things, like the faxing capabilities have been restricted to be done at front desk due to various issues we faced in the past with children and non guests using our services; however, in regards to Adobe and scanning functions, we have taken measures to get these items fixed and usable for our guests.

As for the room you stayed in having road noise, I again apologize. The next time you are in town for business and hopefully choose to stay with us again, please request a different room. If for any reason you are not happy with the room, our staff will be happy to move to you another room and move your belongings for you. At our hotel, we strive to make sure all guests are happy with their stay; hence, please let us know during your stay if there is anything we can do to make your stay nothing less than perfect.

Despite the minor issues you experienced at our hotel, I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area for business or pleasure.

Again, thank you for writing us a review. Happy Travels!

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Modesto
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Best Western Palm Court Inn
Ramada Modesto
Ramada Modesto
#4 of 20 in Modesto
SpringHill Suites Modesto
Baymont Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Hampton Inn & Suites Modesto-Salida

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida? Share your experiences!