“Top-Notch Holiday Inn Express!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Long Beach, CA
“Top-Notch Holiday Inn Express!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

I stayed here a few times back in June and July, before my company switched us back to the Doubletree. If it was up to me I would much rather stay here. The hotel seems brand new or at least newly remodeled. Rooms were very nice. And most importantly the staff was always warm and welcoming every time. The hotel is located right off the freeway and surprisingly the noise level at night was minimal. The only downside is location, there are not many food options close by and its about a 15 minute drive from the airport. Overall had a great stay, and I would gladly come back again or recommend it to friend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

My daughter and I have stayed in this hotel the past two summers while visiting family in Modesto. It is one of the nicest Holiday Inn Express hotels we've stayed in (and we always stay in HI Express hotels when we can). Clean, rooms are spacious and very comfortable, bathrooms are lovely and well-stocked with towels and toiletries. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Very well located (just off Hwy 99) with lots of restaurant/fast food choices nearby. We will definitely return!

Bakersfield Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

By far this has been the best HIE I've stayed at yet. We travel alot up and down California for my son's baseball team. This hotel was very helpful blocking rooms for our team at a great price. Hotel is across the street from Boomers which was fun. Also its very central of local resturants, malls, gas stations, etc. Next to freeway. Has a pool and jacuzzi. Bbq gas grill in pool area which we used and it wAs nice to enjoy a bbq while the kids swam. Overall very satisfied with Modesto HIE. Will stay again

• Stayed August 2011
Powell OH USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our way from San Franisco to Yosemite to break up the drive for our younger kids. We wanted a place with space for a family of five and this hotel was perfect for our needs.

The hotel seems brand new with no signs of wear and tear. We stayed in a two queen suite that comes with a sofa bed for our youngest. The beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious. The furniture and fixtures were all very stylish, new, and modern. Very, very clean.

The front desk was very friendly and greated us warmly. The breakfast was very good, and the kids (& I) enjoyed the pancake machine.

Only downside was the freeway outside. Lots of traffic noise, but we all fell asleep easily despite the noise because of the comfort of the room.

Would recommend this hotel to families needing an overnight place on their way to Yosemite!

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

I sought out Holiday Inn Express for my entire trip, and was not disappointed. This hotel is amazingly clean and modern, and the staff satisfied my every need. Breakfast was friendly and convenient, pool was clean, staff was VERY friendly. Just on the outskirts of Modesto, it's a mile or so to the mall and shopping, but easy to access the highway with little traffic. There's an arcade and amusement area across the street, and whatever else you need withing a short distance. I will absolutely make my next reservation at this hotel.

Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I booked this hotel online for three rooms for myself and other family members. I chose this hotel for the reasonable price and the entertainment center, Boomers, within walking distance across the street for my 10 year old to have have some fun at. The grounds were exceptionally clean. We received smiles from the start all the way to the end of our stay. Everyone was very professional. When we entered the lobby, we were surprised to find the decor to be exceptionally beautiful and unique. Entering our rooms also surprised us. To find the decor, cleanliness and the room to be so spacious seriously had me thinking there was a catch somewhere considering the low price we paid. Breakfast in the morning was great. Here is the parts that has made me a future Holiday Inn Express customer. We realized a week later after we returned home that we forgot 8 DVD's in the drawer in one of the rooms. We had brought these for entertainment for my son. I almost didn't call to find out if they still had them because it's a given that they were gone. Either the maid or the next customer would have taken them. Very rarely in this world do we find good, honest people. To my surprise they had them in lost and found turned in by the maid service. When I spoke up about how surprised I was, I was told that this is regular practice at all Holiday Inn Hotels. Anything found left in any room is to be turned in to the lost and found. No if, ands or buts about it. Honesty, smiles, professional service, cleanliness, spacious rooms, unique decor, the list goes on and all at a reasonable price?! Why would you stay with any other company? I sure won't.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Let me begin by simply saying that the what made this hotel so great, aside from everything detailed below, was the staff. They truly went above-and-beyond to make everything as comfortable and perfect as possible. Even on the seventh and final day of my stay, it seemed that the service continued to get better and better, as if they valued me as a guest more and more. For this reason, as the Title indicates, I have to recommend this hotel as THE place to stay when visiting the Modesto area.

My experience consisted of a week-long stay that was highlighted by incredibly friendly staff who made it a true pleasure being there! The rooms are very well decorated and include free Wi-Fi, a refrigerator, microwave, personal safe large enough to hold my laptop, a beautiful flat-panel television, and a media panel above the desk with a full array of inputs that makes it simple to connect anything to the TV, such as an X-Box, DVD player, etc. Since this is a newer hotel, everything is in great shape, but the bathrooms are even better than you would expect, and definitely some of the nicest I've seen in a hotel recently!

One perk this hotel offers at no extra charge to anyone is the happy hour every weekday from about 5 - 7, where the hotel staff serves a nice selection of hors d'oeuvres, as well as a seemingly endless supply of free beer and wine!!! During my stay, they always had two beers on tap - I think a wheat beer and a type of Irish red beer - and a red and white wine. That was a great way to break up the day before heading out for dinner. While we're on the topic of food, I'll also mention the daily breakfast because it, too, was better than what I would have expected. A full assortment of bagels, muffins, etc., but also eggs, bacon, sausage... It was like driving to a diner for a full-service breakfast, except that it's free!!!

The hotel is conveniently located on Sisk Rd., which runs adjacent to CA-99, providing easy access when coming/going. Also, Sisk Road has a number of good restaurants and a mall along it, making it simple to get out do something. Also nearby is a driving range for those of you who like to golf. I didn't have time to find a course to play a round, but the driving range was conveniently located and they even gave me a few irons to use.

For the family, this hotel has a nice pool and hot tub (I didn't use it, but I assume it was a "hot" tub), and directly across the street is a type of kids park that has go-karts, batting cages, miniature golf, and other games and activities that can consume the better part of a day.

As you can probably tell, I highly recommend this hotel!!! Since I've mentioned quite a few reasons to check it out, I'll throw in the only con I can think of - CA-99. The highway can be a little noisy if your room is on the back side of the hotel, but just about every hotel in Modesto seems to be on Sisk Rd so the problem isn't one unique to the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: For the quietest experience possible, ask for a room furthest away from CA-99.