“Stayed for a week...no complaints...”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Edgewood, Washington
“Stayed for a week...no complaints...”
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Love the breakfast each morning. Friendly staff. Nice room, clean, easy access from freeway...no complaints all around.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, 17 November 2010
HuskyFBtraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your week long stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto. Your short and sweet review is straight to point and says it all. We are ecstatic to know that your week long stay was nothing less than perfect and that you enjoyed all of our amenities. Our staff strives to ensure all of our guests experience a memorable stay. They did a great job making your stay memorable and i have let them know. We hope that the next time you are in the Modesto area you choose our hotel once again. Again, thank you for writing us a review and we look forward to accommodating you again soon. Have a great day and Happy Travels!

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Arrived here from San Francisco and was greated by bubbly staff member on the front desk. On checking booking she changed room as it wasn't good enough due to road noise, well the alternative definitley was (2 bed suite). Room was clean and well fitted out.

On arrival guests recieved a goody bag including popcorn. On enquiry reception provided suggestion of a good local restaurant for food which didn't disappoint. Breakfast was good and simple.

Would happily have stayed several night but was passing through on way to Yosemite allowing us to visit Castle Air Museum en-route.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, 23 October 2010
BBunbun,

On behalf of our entire staff, we would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto as your hotel when you were traveling to Yosemite. We are pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I have shown your review to our staff and they were all happy to know that their efforts did not go unnoticed. We hope that your trip to Yosemite as well as Castle Air Museum was a memorable one. The next time you are traveling to or through Modesto, we hope that you will choose us again. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us such a wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Redwood City, California
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I am a member of the Northern California Senior Softball Association, and my wife and I stay at this hotel whenever a tournament comes up in nearby Turlock. It's about a 20 minute drive we will gladly make since this hotel is head and shoulders above other places we had previously stayed at. From the moment you walk into the beautifully decorated lobby, you notice the attention to detail and quality of work put into this place. The rooms are always extemely clean and are very modern and stylish...and the suites with the jetted tubs are a wonderful touch after a long day of running around! The staff is very friendly and courteous, and they're always willing and able to help with questions, advice or requests/needs. The overall quality of the hotel, cleanliness of the rooms and professionalism of the staff make this hotel a great value...and a no-brainer for us for any future trips to the Turlock/Modesto area.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, 13 September 2010
Hiro21,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review on your most recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to know that you choose our hotel whenever your team in competing in tournaments in our area. We truly appreciate your business and are honored to know that you and your team mates are willing to make the extra drive simply to experience our lovely hotel. We hope that you and your team slept well during your stay and had big wins during the tournament. The next time you are in the area, we will be excited to accommodate you and your team as always. Again, thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us such a wonderful review.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I was actually going to give this place 2 stars, but I switched to the Courtyard Marriott, and I realized that, comparatively, this place is better. I switched hotels in the middle of my business trip because of a couple of issues I was having. Nothing that was such a huge deal, explained below.

Actually, most of the staff there were very pleasant and helpful, but I went down to the business center (i.e., small room with 1 computer and printer) to print out some documents I needed for the next day when I found out that they do not have adobe acrobat so I could not open any of my pdf files to print. Helpful trick I discovered: if you email your documents to your gmail account and open it in html, you can print out the document as a "picture" (so you don't need adobe acrobat), you'll just have the web address also print at the bottom of your documents.

The big printer they have says it also has fax and scan abilities. Later that day, when I went downstairs to scan a document, I found out, the scan function does not work (I was informed it was not programed in yet at the front desk when I went to inquire). I then tried to fax something - you guessed it, that does not work either. I went to the front desk again and they said they would fax it for me, which was fine, but still....
The printer works well for printing, but that small room does get very hot if you print a lot. Printer also does a good job of copying. Had to ask to borrow stapler from front desk (though I understand why they wouldn't keep one in the business center since it could get stolen a lot).

Need your room key to get into business center. I like this touch - I think only twice was there someone there when I needed to use it....and that's out of about 10 times I was in there. You can access it 24 hours.

The noise from the freeway was a bit bothersome and a couple of times huge trucks (they sounded more like trains) went through in the middle of the night. I was in room 328. I hate switching rooms so I didn't ask to switch.

Free bottle of water and snack at check-in. No restaurant or room service. Small snack shop next to front desk that had drinks and chips, etc.

Microwave, fridge, safe, and nice TV in room. To open the drawer that has the microwave and fridge, pull it towards you (don't try to slide it open like I did). For a while, I just thought it was a locked drawer. ;^)

Free wireless. Free breakfast that is pretty okay - sausage patties and packaged yogurt good. Fruit they have at breakfast is bananas.

Not including tax, $103 for Sunday night, $109/night for Monday and Tuesday nights.

In sum, nothing to write home about, just a couple of setbacks for business travelers, but basically fine place to stay.

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, 30 August 2010
DC_Traveler88,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on your most recent stay with us. I also want to thank you for explaining that our facility is in fact superior to that of the Courtyard in town. I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay as well. Some things, like the faxing capabilities have been restricted to be done at front desk due to various issues we faced in the past with children and non guests using our services; however, in regards to Adobe and scanning functions, we have taken measures to get these items fixed and usable for our guests.

As for the room you stayed in having road noise, I again apologize. The next time you are in town for business and hopefully choose to stay with us again, please request a different room. If for any reason you are not happy with the room, our staff will be happy to move to you another room and move your belongings for you. At our hotel, we strive to make sure all guests are happy with their stay; hence, please let us know during your stay if there is anything we can do to make your stay nothing less than perfect.

Despite the minor issues you experienced at our hotel, I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area for business or pleasure.

Again, thank you for writing us a review. Happy Travels!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This is an outstanding hotel with an excellent staff. Jason (front desk clerk) went above and beyond to help me with my business needs. The rooms have everything you need with very comfortable beds. The guest reception that has free beer, wine and snacks is a lovely pressure after a long days work. I travel frequently to North Cali from South Cali and this location is unbeatable. I highly recommended this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank dCaliTraveler
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, 17 August 2010
dCaliTraveler,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto as your Hotel of "Northern California". We appreciate our guests feedback and when guests like yourself leave such positive comments on our staff, it truly makes us work even harder to please each and every one of our guests. I have personally let Jason know of your kind remarks and he is proud to know that guests appreciate his genuine personality. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We hope that the next time you cross the "bridge" from Southern Cal, you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 August 2010

Stayed here with my daughter for a night and was very happy. Clean, comfortable, and very beautiful.

• Stayed August 2010
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
NessaP84,

Thank you for staying with us while you and your daughter were in the Modesto area. More importantly, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is important to us to hear what our guests have to say about our hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you will return again soon. Again, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto as your hotel during your travel.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I am a weekly coast-to-coast traveler and I selected this hotel as my "home away from home" because of the friendliness of the management staff at the time of my inquiry about being a long-term visitor. I could not have asked for a more accommodating staff. Just this past week, they asked how my stay was working and I asked for a change. I asked that they switch out my non-fitted mattress pad on the bed for a fitted one so that my bed would be smooth throughout the night. The hotel did not have any fitted mattress pads so the manager, Brian Lee, went out and bought one just for me. He and Andrea Mundy are the best team in hotel management that I have come across in my years of travel. If you are ever in need of a hotel in the Modesto, CA area, I recommend that you stop in at the Holiday Inn Express Modesto-Salida and allow Brian and/or Andrea to give you a tour.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
HIESModesto, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, 5 April 2010
IVRUNR,

Thank you so much for writing a great review and spreading the word about our service at our Award Winning Hotel. We are honored to know that you appreciate our efforts in making yours as well as all of our other guests experiences at our hotel one to remember. Just as you explained, Brian Lee and Andrea Mundy are two of the greatest in the industry and it truly shows. As a staff vision, we like to treat all of our guests like family; hence, the reason why this hotel is an Award Winner and #1 on TripAdvisor! Again, thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a great review. We look forward to continuing to provide excellent service to you and all of our guests. Happy travels!

Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Modesto
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Best Western Palm Court Inn
SpringHill Suites Modesto
Ramada Modesto
Ramada Modesto
#4 of 20 in Modesto
Baymont Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Hampton Inn & Suites Modesto-Salida

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida? Share your experiences!