“Clean property with reasonable rate and very good customer service”
Review of Ramada Modesto

Ramada Modesto
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This was my first trip to Modesto. I arrived late, just after midnight and the check in process was good. I also had a couple packages waiting for me which were promptly delivered to the front desk during check in. I also collected my free bottle of water and a Reese's Cup; a "thank you" gift from this particular Courtyard, as I am frequent customer of Marriotts.

This particular room was quite spacious and equipped as I expected. Wireless internet worked well and was free as is the case at most Marriott properties until you get into the resorts and other high-end properties.

The hotel has the typical Courtyard style restaurant for breakfast and, unlike many Courtyards, offers light fare for evening dining. Contact the hotel for menu items as selection is limited.

The hotel has a well maintained pool and spa, although I rarely use either, the water was very clean in appearance and the pool apron free of trash. The exercise room is small but has two treadmills and a single elliptical and a TV on the wall that allows viewing from any of these machines. A water cooler is also installed.

You’ll need your room key to access the halls and courtyard areas. In my case, I parked on the west side of the property and needed it once to access the courtyard, then again to access the particular hall/building before getting to the room.

Overall, a very good stay and would use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Tech-trekker

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Needed a place in Modesto at the last minute and I was dropped off here. Fortunately they had a couple of rooms of available. The room was comfortable, I thought reasonably spacious actually. Nice and clean. There was an active lobby crowd when I was there from some event which made it feel fun. Fresh cookies at the check-in desk also. The grounds seemed well maintained. I'd agree with other reviewers that it feels a bit outdated compared to other Courtyard properties I've stayed at. I had no trouble with WiFi, signed right on and speed was acceptable. Location was handy for our meeting in the morning. Close to the highway which was good for our business purposes.

The front desk attendant was courteous, the key card system was ridiculous and it took a while to get it to read the key. I'm not sure if it was operator error or really the machine. I was patient and glad to have a room, but a less patient person would have been quite annoyed. He joked about it and made light of it and wanted a new machine.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, I'd suggest rooms on the backside of the hotel, or, I guess the f...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank ExpeditionMan
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I recently stayed at this property on a Saturday night. The hotel was filled with children and their parents who were all attending a soccer event in town. Even though there were many, many children I was conveniently given a room that was located away from all of the activity. The hotel staff was very conscience of accommodating me and ensuring my comfort. I can't say enough about the professionalism and decorum of the wonderful staff. I was given a Great big suite style room. It was clean and very comfortable!

Room Tip: Ask for the north side of the property.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Patty G
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This hotel is a converted property, originally a Mallards I believe. I have stayed here several times and have never had a bad experience. The rooms are clean/comfortable, and although sometimes they over extend the amount of years between each renovation; they generally are up to par with corporate owned Marriott standards.The grounds and public areas are always in great condition and the service is just fine. The hotel is located in a retail area with lots of shopping and restaurants within waliking distance. A great option for lodging when visiting Modesto.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank perpendxular78
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here for 3 nites recently. Service was typical Marriott - meaning excellent. Wish I could say the same about the property. Winf i stayed in had no elevator so i had to carry my blags to the room. Parking near the front bordered on non-existent. Room was dated save the flat screen tv. Would stay here again if needed but generally disappointed withe the facility. Avoid rooms facing west - the road noise could be a problem.

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My husband and I spent two nights here while visiting family in the area. We were pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed a spacious and comfortable room; contrary to other reviews we did not find it dated at all (perhaps it's a recent upgrade?) The bath room was very well appointed. The breakfast room was attractive, comfortable, and sunny with a nice view of the well-landscaped courtyard. The breakfast buffet is about what you'd expect at a Courtyard by Marriott (good; not terrific). We didn't use the pool but (not enough time) but it looked appealing. Numerous restaurants nearby (some within walking distance). All in all, an excellent value. We'll stay here again next time we visit our family.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank 3SBTraveler
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I was very pleased with my overnight stay. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Located next to Highway 99 there is plenty of shopping and places to eat. The price was right and I would recommend this to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo