Ramada Modesto
Agoda.com
Economy Inn(Modesto)
US$71
  • Pool
All reviewsolive gardenshopping and restaurantsexercise roomroom was cleanfree wifipleasant stayconvenient locationparking lotwe've stayedscrambled eggscourtyardwalmartfreewayyosemitekeymotelmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The location was a little sketchy, but we are talking about Modesto. This is a nice place to stay if you are visiting for business. I do not think there is another reason to come to this area. I loved how closed it was to restaurants, freeways and the mall. I have to say the mall was clean and nice. I was impressed with the breakfast selection of the hotel. The breakfast was well rounded and it was included with the price. The ground of the hotel was nice and calming. The pool and spa were clean and well maintained. They did a nice job in keeping safety in mind. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Gym was small and the air condition was not working. However less then .25 of mile away there are two different Gyms. I recommend asking for a second floor specially if the room is facing the streets. Be careful walking alone at night time that area is not the safest to be around. Overall it is a great place if you just need a place to sleep and relax. The bed was comfortable and it seems that the rooms were recently remodeled. One more thing the bed sheets felt like sand paper.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Marie B
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very helpful. I appreciate the hot breakfast every morning. I got my deal on groupon and was very pleased. This was my first time staying in Modesto and didn't know where to stay. Next time I return, I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SANDRA R
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Close to freeway, very large shopping mall with contemporary stores and restaurants close by, 2 restaurants within walking distance. Clean, comfortable beds, large rooms, great pool area and fantastic breakfast room with hot and cold entrees available. Fast wi-fi, easy to connect. Very quiet rooms, hallway doors do not slam, no noise from other rooms could be heard, no freeway noise in either room I tried.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Carl B
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A horrible location (Modesto) befits a horrible hotel (Park Inn by Radisson Modesto).

The room we were given was like a cave: the window faced directly onto a wall. The hotel corridors looked like a low-budget version of the Overlook Hotel. There was no bar so you ordered from a counter and a waitress gave you bottles from a fridge. The 'complimentary' breakfast was a lukewarm buffet in a tiny room (I imagine the hotel had close to 100 rooms or more: the breakfast room could sit perhaps 30).

I shall never venture to Modesto again, much less this hotel. Awful backwater America at its 'finest'.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BenandAlexandra
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Ramada Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Park Inn standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We arrived here as part of the Western Discovery Tour with ATI. We were expecting to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton but this was booked instead? The hotel is nice enough with a very tiny bar area which was not open when we arrived but you could go to a cupboard with chillers and get a wine or beer and pay at reception when the bar was closed. Very small selection. Rooms are nice. Iron, board, coffee, etc Wifi....worked well in our room. Neat, clean and tidy. We were so hot after the days travel that we just dumped our stuff in the room, changed and went straight to the pool. Our guide told us to collect pool towels from the gym next to the pool. Having got in the pool already we then went to get towels and there were NONE! There were about 15 of us all soaking wet with no towels (and not nearly enough sunbeds for a coach party hotel!). We got a "dry" person to go to reception to ask about towels and they said " sorry we have run out and they are all being laundered now, they will be about an hour". No problem we can all just swim around for an hour whilst we wait! There is also a nice hot jacuzzi to bob about in. Can't sit in a sun bed - there aren't enough. This was a serious malfunction at this hotel.
There is plenty of choice for dinner....we chose the Italian just across the car park. Laundrette for guests is quite good and necessary for the coach trippers. The hotel was fine but we all did wish we had been staying at the Doubletree in Modesto instead.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms overlooking the courtyard are nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple