“Joyful Experience”

Clarion Inn Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My Daughter had her wedding there and the staff worked with her so as to make it affordable, not only for the bride and groom but for the rest of the family and friends the room rates were affordable for everyone. Also my daughter's ceremony was outside near the pool area the management was kind enough to close the pool down during the ceremony. When there was any problem most of the staff were helpful, especially the women that do the cleaning. I lost my cell phone and they were very helpful in helping me find it. There are rooms that over look the court these can be noisier than others, if you need quiet request a room toward the back area some rooms over look a quiet garden.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Goram

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Upon arrival, I found the lobby to be nice and the desk clerk friendly, which instilled high hopes for the room. Sadly, the room not only failed to meet my expectations but also turned out to be the worst hotel room I have ever occupied.

The decor of the room was outdated, but that was not at all an issue for me. I did, however, take issue with the unidentifiable stains on everything that was white in the room - from one of the lamp shades, to the bed spread and towels. It was disgusting. Furthermore, there were five or six hairs behind the bathroom door (noticeable only when the door was closed) that were quite obviously pubic hair. Finally, the shower water started out yellow before turning clear when the shower was turned on. That was the least of concerns since that is likely just a symptom of the room not being in frequent use. I would have requested another room had it not been near one in the morning when I arrived; I was simply too tired.

I would not ever frequent this hotel again, and I would highly recommend looking elsewhere for a quality stay when in Modesto.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank hoppinjalapeno
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My sister was going crazy trying to plan her wedding in a short period of time, she thought she would only be able to do a court house event and small reception at a family members home with her time and budget restraints, but was more than suprised when she called the Clarion Hotel to see about rooming family members coming from out of town and mentioned to Clarion staff about her event and was assissted in organizing her whole event at the Hotel as well as rooming family. The Clarion staff managed to offer her a great package to host her wedding there at an affordable price and they pulled it off in such a short period of time. All went perfectly. Their customer service couldn't have been better. They even set up centerpieces on tables and did a beautiful job.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jaq68
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Walking into the Clarion hotel in February of 2011 was the best thing that could have ever happen to my fiancé and I. We were engaged and planning a courthouse ceremony followed by a simple elegant reception dinner at my sisters house in a couple of weeks. We had went into the Clarion looking to book rooms for our out of town guest. After explaining to the management what we had in mind, they asked us about having the wedding and reception there in hotel, catered and all. My fiancé and I just sort of looked at each other and already knew that the answer was..WAY OUT OF OUR BUDGET... We have been together for several years and are raising our combined 7 children, so although we wanted a very special ceremony and celebration we had already figured the best way to go would be the courthouse and a very intimate family reception dinner (which would be cutting out a lot of family members). As the staff talked to us about prices and the possibilities, I noticed another gentleman lingering near by. Turns out it was the owner. He overheard our story and came over to introduce himself and then told us he would love to make it work for us. So with the combined effort of the owner, bar manager, hotel management & my wonderful family we arranged an actual wedding in a total of 3 weeks!!! It was something I only dreamed of. The day of the wedding was more beautiful than I could have imagined. It all came together for a very reasonable price. The accommodations were great, the staff was very friendly and very accommodating to not only our needs but that of all of our 180 guest. We heard over and over again from every one of our guest at how wonderful everything was arranged. From the poolside ceremony to the catered dinner & dancing in the ballroom. There is no question that we will look to Clarion for all of our events in the future. The staff felt like family and really did everything they could to make this happen for us. We are so grateful and so blessed that it all worked out. It is a day we will never forget!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsSynigal2011
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I planed a family trip and this was the perfect place. Beautiful indoor pool and arcade area for the children is the best along with the onsite bar for the adults was just right. Our room was clean, comfortable cozy bed, and convenient adjoining rooms for the kids. Staff was awesome and our family will definitly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank shellsr82
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My husband and I have stayed here multiple times over the last few years and have had nothing but good experiences. The beds are always comfortable, the rooms are always clean and the staff is always very helpful. The pools are never overcrowded, and the food in the restaurant is delicious, especially breakfast. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StaceyGatten
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We were just passing through, and decided to stay while our truck was being serviced The staff and management were excellent and catered to our every need. We would definitely stay again and would recommend Clarion to our friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple