“Worst Experience Ever ...and it continues...”

Clarion Inn Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I'm not sure where these other reviewers stayed. Where is Henry b/c manager Channell and GM Owner Mike Karimi do not even know what a customer is.

Affordable YES

Clean - NO, I wore my flip flops in the room, removed the comforter upon entry didnt want to touch it, and placed a towell on the sofa when I did sit on it, the room had an odd old smell to it and the fabric softener sheet in the AC unit did not cover up the smell as owner MIKE KARIMI hopes it does (I did confirm this cleaning technique was a SOP for their housekeeping department with the owner), the bed was fine and I crossed my fingers there were no bugs.

Pools - Yes
Game Room - if you consider one to two video games and some vending machines and a lonely pool table a game room - Yes

I didnt eat there maybe it would have improved my stay. probably not.

I dont usually complain hence why I even ended up staying there but now that they claim I have smoked in the room and want to charge me a $200 fine!!!!!!!!!! They should have paid me to stay there.

This place needs to be closed.

Room Tip: Stay Anywhere Else
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel_Hotel1, Manager at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied during your stay. We take all comments seriously and appreciate you giving us feedback. I can assure you all of your concerns have been brought to the attention of the department needed and corrective measures have been taken. Please acccept my sincere apology and feel free to contact me for any further questions or concerns.

Toni Lopez
Guest Relations Manager
(209) 521-1612

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Clarion is my favorite place in the area and I always stay here when I'm in Modesto.
I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a clean, relaxing, and affordable place.
Their staff is very friendly, and the general manager, Henry, always makes sure that the guests get the best service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I really enjoyed my weekend stay at Clarion hotel. I got checked in to my room fast, didn't have to wait, the staff were really nice, friendly, and were willing to help!! The room I got was super nice and clean, with a door that opened to their indoor pool!!!! LOVED it!!! A great place to stay for a get away or business trip. Definitely staying there again next time!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This is the only place I will stay in Modesto! I brought my kids here to have a mini vacation and it was perfect! Large indoor and outdoor swimming pool, game room, pool table, and an onsite Pub & Grill. Shooters Pub & Grill worked out wonderful for me and my husband because we were able to have fun after the kids had fun :) Shanel (one of the staff members) went over and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect! The clarion has nice spacious rooms and you can tell they recently did an upgrade in the rooms because they have all new beds that are the most comfortable to sleep in! I will definitly recommend this place to all my family and friends!!!

Room Tip: Indoor pool area has the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I i stayed there few months ago and i had the best hotel stay experience ever! Their rooms are clean and worth every penny you spend on. You do not have to drive any where because they have a full service restaurant with awesome food. Even if you do not want to eat there, there are many places within walking distance. You will be surprised how friendly their staff are. They will go out of their way to make your stay better and more comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here once and to spend a few quiet nights together but we really got more than we bargained for. When we arrived we were greeted by one of the most condescending front desk staff ever. This tall skinny man was never much help, just plain rude. When we were looking for our room we were greeted by a young cook who helped us to find our room and offered to help me with my bag. A very nice young man. Our room was not very clean, we found a few dead bugs around and the toilet was not clean either. Our sheets had spots and the hot water never worked. we tried relax in the hot tub but there were loud kids everywhere. and when we needed a towel the young cook had to help us after the front staff said they had no more. During the day we were helped by a young black lady (sorry I don't know her name) but as for the rest of the staff we felt invisible. The old cook was sitting down in the ding room in the morning and we walked by and saw a dirty kitchen. The hotel was overall dirty and the food quality changed every time there was a new cook. Overall the hotel just looked old and unkept. Thank you to the beautiful young black woman and louie but we won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2013
Hotel_Hotel1, Manager at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Hello,
I am sorry to here you did not enjoy your stay here with us at the Clarion. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. I can be contacted at (209)521-1612 or by Email at sremesal@clarionmodesto.com. Please be assured I will be addressing these issues with the correct departments and we will take all measures necessary to prevent the same errors in the future. We strive to make sure that our guest are most comfortable and happy here at our facilities and it disappoints us to hear otherwise. I am concerned with some of the mentioned comments and will personally make sure to sought out the reasoning behind said issues.

Thank you for the feed back!

Shanelle Remesal
Guest Relation Manager
(209) 521-1612 x. 521
sremesal@clarionmodesto.com

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Great customer service !!! Had one of my best nights that I spent in a hotel ! Friendly staff will make you feel special. The price is very good for what you get. Food is very good and you can enjoy their sports bar tv's while eating your food. They have a full bar with very friendly bartenders. Overall, I had a good night staying there and I would go there again if I want to stay in Modesto area.

• Stayed: June 2013