“Warm welcome!”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Myrtle Beach, SC
“Warm welcome!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The sales manager Shanelle was amazing! She totally made my stay an affordable, accommodating and comfortable! From the front desk to the housekeeping staff- top notch! Everyone went out of their way to make sure I had what I needed, the breakfast was delicious, the pool was refreshing and bed was VERY comfy! It was like a home away from home.

The sales manager totally made me feel extra special- she made me the best accommodations for the price I needed. If anyone is looking for a reasonable priced, clean, comfy hotel THIS IS IT! Excellent location to shopping, walking distance to the gym, grocery and many great places to eat. Definitely worth my money!

Room Tip: Didn't really have a spa- but the hot tub after my flight hit the spot! Its an older hotel but t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hotel_Hotel1, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to express how your experience was at your facility with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Property CHI
Guest relations
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
(209) 521-1612

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Modesto
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Truly a 2 star hotel. Room is spacious but smells. Breakfast was terrible. When we checked in, the guy there made us wait even though there was no one else around. When we checked out, the girl was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hotel_Hotel1, Manager at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

If you contact me directly I would greatly appreciate it, so we can further go over said issue's. I am availbale from 9-5pm, Mon-Fri.

Shanelle Remesal
Operations Manager
Clarion Hotel
sremesal@clarionmodesto.com

Travellers are raving about these Modesto hotels

San Jose, California
Reviewed 22 September 2013

this is one of the strangest motels I have ever stayed at. It would seem the motel was built in the 60's and never really remodeled. The entrance to our room was off the in door pool area. At the back of the room was the original entrance with the original peep hole. This old entrance was sealed off from the outside. The door to the new entrance has a set of metal louvers over the top. Great for ventilation per AC but now offers NO sound insulation. For get about sleeping before the pool closes (10:00PM). Also forget about sleeping through the group of 60 or so people from a bus trip eating breakfast about 20' away from the room door. Very low water pressure in the shower. The towel rack is pulling away from the wall and best of all....the CFL bulbs that stick out about 6" beyond the light fixture in the bathroom. On the flip side the bed was clean (the carpet was not) and once the noise died down I slept well. If you want a trip back to the 60's with dark wood, cinder block walls and 7' ceilings go for it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hotel_Hotel1, Manager at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your concerns regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please contact me directly if you come again or to further discuss said issues.

Shanelle Remesal
Operations Manager
Clarion Hotel
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

My best friend had her wedding there and we had about 10 rooms, we checked in and dropped our stuff off in the room and went straight to her room. As we were getting ready for the wedding we noticed her wet bed from the ac leak they obviously new about the problem and didn't address it. After the reception my husband and i went to our room about 3am after not being in there all night our bed was completely soaked at the top we let front desk know and they tried to blame it on us. I asked them about the moldy walls and floors it was obvious it was an ongoing problem. Horrible customer service, horrible rooms, don't ever stay there!

• Stayed October 2012
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I'm not sure where these other reviewers stayed. Where is Henry b/c manager Channell and GM Owner Mike Karimi do not even know what a customer is.

Affordable YES

Clean - NO, I wore my flip flops in the room, removed the comforter upon entry didnt want to touch it, and placed a towell on the sofa when I did sit on it, the room had an odd old smell to it and the fabric softener sheet in the AC unit did not cover up the smell as owner MIKE KARIMI hopes it does (I did confirm this cleaning technique was a SOP for their housekeeping department with the owner), the bed was fine and I crossed my fingers there were no bugs.

Pools - Yes
Game Room - if you consider one to two video games and some vending machines and a lonely pool table a game room - Yes

I didnt eat there maybe it would have improved my stay. probably not.

I dont usually complain hence why I even ended up staying there but now that they claim I have smoked in the room and want to charge me a $200 fine!!!!!!!!!! They should have paid me to stay there.

This place needs to be closed.

Room Tip: Stay Anywhere Else
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel_Hotel1, Manager at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied during your stay. We take all comments seriously and appreciate you giving us feedback. I can assure you all of your concerns have been brought to the attention of the department needed and corrective measures have been taken. Please acccept my sincere apology and feel free to contact me for any further questions or concerns.

Toni Lopez
Guest Relations Manager
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Clarion is my favorite place in the area and I always stay here when I'm in Modesto.
I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a clean, relaxing, and affordable place.
Their staff is very friendly, and the general manager, Henry, always makes sure that the guests get the best service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I really enjoyed my weekend stay at Clarion hotel. I got checked in to my room fast, didn't have to wait, the staff were really nice, friendly, and were willing to help!! The room I got was super nice and clean, with a door that opened to their indoor pool!!!! LOVED it!!! A great place to stay for a get away or business trip. Definitely staying there again next time!!

• Stayed July 2013