“Motel6 is great for the money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Modesto

Motel 6 Modesto
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Hesperia, California
“Motel6 is great for the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very clean rooms, great friendly staff, clean pool and comfortable beds. When we stayed there, it was very quiet . Fast food is just down the street. A positive stay for us. We would recommend it and will be going back next week

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Surfboard11197

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

When I arrived I was greeted by a group of guys smoking and "hanging out" in front of the office with the receptionist. They didn't even work there. I found out later, they were the receptionists sons friends. Not what you want to walk up to at night! When I arrived in the room it smelled like stale cigarette smoke (even though did ask for non smoking). The pillows were the worst ever and flat with no support. I kept getting the feeling I was laying in dirty sheets because they were no longer white, but off-white. This was especially true for the pillows. The carpet was full of stains so i didn't dare take my socks off while in the room. I turned the heater on and it started making a loud vibrating noise, so I got some toilet paper and stuffed the edge of the vibrating plastic (it did make the noise disappear). It's sad when you have to use toilet paper to fix the noise your room heater is making in your room. After getting into bed it got worse as people kept passing (not talking) screaming profanities and drinking beer. The windows did not look like they were dual pane so it sounded like my window was open the whole time. A little later I kept seeing people going in and out of other peoples rooms late at night. And then there was the people whistling while riding bikes in the parking lot at 1am (I couldn't tell if they were using the whistling as a signal). I now started thinking someone was going to break into my car so I kept having to get up and look out the window. After 2 hours and 40 minutes I was fed up and went to talk to the receptionist who was still outside smoking. After explaining everything I had encountered, she responded with "I didn't see anything and I've been watching the cameras all night". There was no way she could see the cameras from where she had been smoking all night. I got my stuff and left to another hotel!!! I will tell everyone I know about my experience and will not EVER return!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE! Look on TripAdvisor or hotels.com before booking this place.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Dan N
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Modesto, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Dan C,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness, service and noise conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Modesto hotels

Ocean Park, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

Between the raucous beer drinkers, the drunken fights and the calls of the half dressed women above us, it was nearly impossible to sleep. The desk staff said "there's nothing we can do and we'll give you another room" to two 70+ women who are unable to climb stairs which was not what we wanted to hear. The next morning the parking lot was littered with beer cans and bottles. The dogs had to be carried over the puddles of unidentifiable fluids to get to the pet area. This place was scuzzy, dirty and obviously not a decent place to stay. I was tired and dirty when I arrived and equally tired when we left the next morning. Our nonsmoking room reeked of cigarette smoke and the carpet was ripped and torn. Tom Burdett, I expected more. Turn off the light in the Modesto Motel 6.

Room Tip: Find another motel - stay out of Modesto. I've never seen drug dealers inside a WalMart before...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carol C
San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

My family and I stayed in Motel 6 Modesto over the 4th of July weekend of this year, the rooms were clean, they had all the basic necessities, the ac worked fine, the pool was clean and the Ice machine worked great, had friendly staff. We stayed here because the Ramada Inn directly accross the street had horrible rooms, carpets stained everywhere, AC blowing more hot air than cool air, Ice machine not working and the pool was out of order, Ramada Inn was a big disappointment, Motel 6 saved the weekend for us.

Gabriel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Gabriel B
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

My family and I needed an inexpensive place to sleep for a Autism walk we were going to participate in. The room we had had parts of the carpets that were wet, one lamo would not turn off. Beds were to hard.
After we checked out and got home, found out they double charged me. They say it is not their fault and I will need to talk to my bank, refusing to refund me even after faxing them proof. I will talk with my bank to get ALL my money back.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank anarkist
Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

1. Awful location: extremely noisy, close to the freeway
2. The staff was very rude, shouting
3. The room was not clean (hairs in the bathtub)
4. No laundry facility
The worst Motel6 experiece so far

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aladin007
modesto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2009

i have been here alot and only when this securtiy guard works i get a call from the office saying, that theres been complaints about traciff in and out. or loud nioses.. which if anyone gos out its not there business anyways. people come in all hrs for a room. i hear people up and down the stairs all nite long... this guard also watchs us we seeing him hiding always somewhere...why does he have that right to lie and why would he...Its really funny that i get complaints when no one is even in rms next or up from me...so if theres a time that no one should be in or out i like to no.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo