“Clean but Small”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Camino
“Clean but Small”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Booked a King on-line at the BW site. Traveling to Modesto to meet wife's sister and brother-in-law before attending friends surprise BD party. Check in a little slow considering we were club members and they already had required info. Why bother if they're going to do it all over again anyway. Given nice quite inside garden room. Walked in an was surprised how small the room was; it reminded me of a Motel 6 from 40 years ago. The bathroom door was a slider since you wouldn't have been able to open a door fully either into the bathroom or the sleeping area. Bed was comfortable and room was clean, just a little tight. Sister-in-law checked in about an hour later and I find out that for $10 more you get a "Suite" which was 2x the size of our room. I wasn't going to change rooms but if I ever travel back to Modesto, which is unlikely, I'd pay the extra $10. The pool looked nice and the grounds and neighborhood were well maintained with several other hotels close-by. I am starting to get a little bored with the BW complimentary breakfast. It's the same at all locations. A change would be nice. Checked at the desk for a morning newspaper and they do not provide one nor is there a newspaper rack anywhere nearby. I'm used to getting USA Today at most nice motel/hotel sites.

Room Tip: Get an Inside Suite for $10 more.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert C
Trushilk, General Manager at Best Western Palm Court Inn, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi Robert. Thank you so much for your feedback. I apologize our Deluxe King was a bit small for you. As you had mentioned, we actually have a Superior King, which is more spacious, and a Premiere King, which is even larger and that is our suite with a separate sitting area and two flat screen TVs. We hope to see you again soon and thanks for the traveller's tip on the courtyard!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed for one night passing thru on the way to Palm Springs. A real throw back to the old days. Great highway motel. Beds were comfy, breakfast was really good. Eggs, sausage, home fries, juice & coffee. What more could you want.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank rjmcan
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and I'm very happy to see you enjoyed all facets of your stay with us. We hope you will be passing through again soon on your way to Palm Springs or wherever your travels may take you!
Castaic, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Very nice, newly renovated hotel. The lobby area is very cozy. The staff there was very friendly and accomodating. I wish I remembered their names, they were 2 very nice ladies that helped me check in and out with ease. I accidentally booked a room here on the wrong day and did not realize it until I was already on my way. I was able to switch my reservation, no problem with no extra fee (on a weekday). Would reccomend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Trushilk, General Manager at Best Western Palm Court Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Hi Kristina,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your experience with us. I am glad to hear our staff was accommodating in fixing your reservation. We are happy to assist in making your travels easier and enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon!
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed 4 October 2013

One night stay for us on our way to the coast and this was a very nice and convenient location. Room was large, good bed and nice interior courtyard for our dog to sniff around and play. Nice pool too. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was ok, but scrambled eggs were so salty I had to throw them out.

Room Tip: We had an executive king on inside courtroom location. I think that was good, especially with pet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback and I'm glad you (and your pet) enjoyed your stay. The courtyard seems to be a hit with guests and their four legged family members. We hope to see you again soon!
Modesto
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was one of the many places we stayed during our vaction and was by far the best. Better than our timeshare at another locatiion at the end of our trip. Very nice roooms, beautiful courtyard, and overall very nice. We will recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you very much William for your wonderful feedback. I am very happy to hear that it was the nicest place on your trip...even better than a timeshare! Your feedback means a lot.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!
S
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This used to be a Ramada Inn, is clean, quiet and a good value for the price. I was pleased to find that the fridge was located inside a cabinet, as sometimes the sound of a fridge can keep me awake. The room also included a flat screen tv, desk, reading chair, coffee maker and hair dryer. The room was more spacious than I expected, and the bathroom was roomy and appeared recently upgraded. Very nice tub/shower.

The hotel is located just off Hwy 99 and is located near two shopping malls, and is within 2 miles of a myriad of restaurants of all price ranges and cuisines.

Hint: Approaching from the Carpenter exit off Hwy 99, take the second entrance to the hotel, and park under the lobby canopy as you check in. Why? The parking lot around the hotel is one-way, running clockwise around the hotel. Parking in front of the lobby, with your passenger door closest to the lobby doors, will have your car facing in the clockwise direction, avoiding the need to circle back around.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I would assume that you have stayed with us prior when we were still a Ramada. I hope you enjoyed the complete renovations that have been done since then. We hope to see you again soon!
Vacaville
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My room was overlooked the courtyard with Palm trees. the grounds cool and pleasant. The staff were so friendly and helpful really going out of their way. My room was quiet and clean and everything worked.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Hi Sharon,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your wonderful stay. I am pleased to hear that everything was enjoyable and we hope your travels from Vacaville will bring you our way again!