“Weekend get-away”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Chula Vista
“Weekend get-away”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Very nice and clean hotel. Staff very friendly, overall appearance nice, clean & comfortable room. I would stay here again if the occasion comes up. I would also recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Karen J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fresno, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

A little pricy for the noise from the Freeway. Pillows hard and blankets thin. Staff was very friendly. i would not have stayed here if I hadn't been in meetings all day and didn't need to be up early for a meeting the next day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Cons: Weird hotel layout
Rooms have doors on the exterior, rather than inside hall
If your room is at the rear of the hotel, there is no elevator nearby and you have to carry your luggage up the stairs

Pros: Large rooms
Clean rooms
Large bathroom with giant walk in shower (I'm guessing I had a handicap room, because I also had a chair in the middle of my shower that I could not move)
Clean bathrooms
Comfortable bed
Looks newly renovated
Great value

I would stay here again

Room Tip: Stay close to the front of the building
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank njd1488
Trushilk, General Manager at Best Western Palm Court Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. I like the breakdown that you did of the pros and cons and am glad to see the extensive list of pros and that you would return to the hotel. Just let us know at check in if you have any preferences and we would be glad to accommodate them. Thank you!
Folsom, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The rooms have been newly remodeled with nice, modern, comfortable furniture. The bedding is comfortable but I found the sheets to be a little rough and the pillow too hard. The breakfast was adequate offering scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and a selection of beverages and cereals. It would have been nice to have yogurt and more fruit. The staff was courteous and helpful. Good location, close to restaurants and shopping. We asked for a quiet room because the hotel is near the freeway. We were facing the courtyard near the middle of the hotel and it was very quiet. Be sure to ask for a room near the rear of the hotel or in the courtyard if you want quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Patricia B
Hello Patricia,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your experience at our hotel. I'm glad to hear our newly renovated rooms were comfortable for you. We hope to host your stay again soon when traveling away from Folsom!
Hubbard, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The rooms were great, hotel staff was wonderful also. The pool and the Hot Tub were a brown color, didn't smell like there was ANY Chlorine at all. Also a HUGE group of people were hanging out at the pool with tons of kids, very loud and splashy. Made the experience even worse. They were loud enough we didn't go to sleep until well after 10:30.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Trushilk, General Manager at Best Western Palm Court Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi Kristina. Your feedback is much appreciated so thank you for that! I apologize the pool didn't seem quite clean but we definitely try to stay on top of it even with the heavy use during the warmer months. I'm glad to see the room and our staff made your stay enjoyable!
Felton, California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

On Orangeburg there's a few hotels to pick from. I picked this one based on Tripadvisor reviews and price. Check in was fast but not very friendly. The room is small but looked like it was remodeled. Modern fixtures, flat screen t.v. and I loved the sliding glass door between the bed and the bathroom. The room itself had a really nice scent. The mattress firm and soft. The bathroom counter has a nice long counter to put your toiletries out. The towels were soft and looked to be brand new. I also appreciated the clothes hook in the bathroom that you could put your robe on. I ventured out to the breakfast and it is standard with eggs, sausages and a B.W. clerk making the waffles. It's nice to have the breakfast offered even if it's just for some coffee or tea. I did have to go to the front desk for an extra blanket and I kind of felt the clerk had the "why are you bothering me look." My only minor complaint. I would come back because I appreciate a nice clean updated room :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel among other options in the area and giving us great feedback. Definitely sounds like you noticed all of our upgrades and amenities after our renovation. We hope to see you again soon from Felton!

Thank you!
PLEASANT HILL
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have been staying here for a year, simply b/c driving towards the bay area in the morning is crazy. Alas, this has been a great place to stay, the staff is great, the area is moslty quiet and the rooms are nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Tim! Thank you for letting people on Tripadvisor know of your experiences with us! We appreciate your continued business and will have your room waiting for you on your next arrival! See you soon!