“DoubleTree Modesto CA”

DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Check-in very efficient and personnel very pleasant; accommodated request to be on same floor as another family member. Hotel and room very clean. Very good breakfast buffet; waiter was very pleasant and service was good overall. Have stayed here numerous times and will return. Very good amenities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and the services and amenities offered. We hope that you will again choose us during your next trip to the Modesto area.

Kole Siefken

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stay at the DoubleTree every year the eve of Thanksgiving. It is always clean and the rooms smell "fresh". My kids enjoy the wi-fi and I enjoy the room service breakfast that we always get. Delightful staff always willing to help make your stay great!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of your kind comments about the hotel and services that we offer. We hope that you had a very good Thanksgiving and we are in hopes that you will choose us again when visiting the Modesto area.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is probably the nicest hotel in Modesto and in fact is overall very clean and the rooms are comfortable. I've had heating/cooling problems twice now and it has made for a not very comfortable night's sleep. I've tried the breakfast buffet once and that will be the last, overpriced, very small selection and not very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about the cleanliness of our hotel and service. We currently just hired a new Chef for our Restaurant and we are looking forward to changes on the breakfast buffet soon. We are in hopes that you will once again choose us when visiting Modesto again.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have requested your location in Modesto NOT to accept a booking if it is done by a third party. I had a most disturbing sleepless night beacuse of a railroad crossing one street away from your location. This item should have been advised when I made the booking. I have extremely acute hearing and can hear my cat cross the broadloomed home where I live. Had I known of this condition I would have made a reservation elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We understand your concerns about the trains therefore we do offer complimentary ear plugs in each of our guest rooms for those who do have acute hearing such as yourself. The trains will subside very soon as harvest season is nearly over or you can always request a room on the non train side of the hotel. We are in hopes that you will again choose us when visiting the Modesto area.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed at this Doubletree for one night while traveling for business in Modesto. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Salida, so this was a nice change of pace. I had a standard king room and it was huge! My room was on the side of the hotel that faces the train tracks. I can see how this would bother some people, but I love the sound of trains and actually slept better because of it.
The room service was delicious, but a little overpriced. Even though I paid way too much money for my BLT, I loved it and the waitstaff went above and beyond to make sure that I had everything I needed.
Overall, I really I enjoyed my stay here and felt like the room was a great value. I would pick this over the Hampton Inn again if the price was right.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room further away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of your kind words about our hotel and we are in hopes that you will once again choose us for future stays while in the Modesto area.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Excellent service from the welcoming staff. The rooms are average at best for a Double Tree and the rest of the experience is the the same. Caution for the extensive noise at night from passing trains.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about our staff and we are in hopes that you will once again choose us on future visits to Modesto.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I escaped to the Doubletree just for a one night getaway. I got luxury accommodations and celebrity-quality service at a budget price. I entertained friends in my poolside patio room with well-prepared hors d'oeuvres from the restaurant downstairs and a fine bottle of wine, uncorked for me by the friendly hotel bartender. Later, I enjoyed the best night's sleep I have had in a while in a super comfortable bed. I highly recommend this spot whenever you plan to stay in the Modesto area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to escape with a bottle of wine and get a comfortable nights sleep. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Modesto.